Profile for space68 > Reviews

New Woman's Small Wallet By Shagwear
New Woman's Small Wallet By Shagwear
Price: £9.50 - £20.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute factor = one million!, 18 Oct. 2012
What a beautiful little purse. Looks as great as the pic.
My old one gave up the ghost as the zip was jammed. Never did get on with zips and this one doesn't have one.
IT'S GREAT!

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM IN LOVE WITH MY KINDLE!, 5 Oct. 2012
If only you knew how much I didn't want to fall for this Kindle hype. I am sloooow to take up new technology but usually grudgingly give in only to find out I love it (mobile, computer, etc).

Same thing with the Kindle!

I am a real book-lover, reading all sorts from classic literature through to cult novels and chick lit. I love the look of libraries and have a tiny tiny home library of my own (okay, it's a walk-in cupboard with shelves!).

HOWEVER, I lean towards minimalism and certainly am anti-clutter. I had no wish to get rid of my already existing books but I had reached critical mass and I revisited the idea of the Kindle. Could I possibly find a small electronic pad a worthy replacement for a book, with pages to turn and flick through?

At £69 for the basic model, I thought it was time to try it once and for all.

I LOVE IT SO, SO MUCH!!!!!

Where do I start?

* The e-ink is so restful on the eyes. Not at all like tiring your eyes out on a computer screen, which was one of my fears.
* Yes, it is perfectly legible in sunlight and I thought it wasn't possible - it is!
* So much free stuff available ESPECIALLY if you love old literature, most of which is in the public domain and out of copyright. I am downloading like crazy here!
* It's just so comfortable to hold and the page turning button is so easy and unobtrusive to use. It is perfect in all my usual reading places, including lying in bed.
* I hate being stuck without something to read if I have to wait somewhere - with space for around 1300 books on this Kindle, there's no chance of that happening.

I realised just how much I fell in love with this product when I decided I would replace books I ALREADY OWN by getting their Kindle equivalents and gradually weeding out my physical book collection.

To say I am a fan would be an understatement :)

The Viking Invasion of Wessex 878AD - The Dark Ages [DVD]
The Viking Invasion of Wessex 878AD - The Dark Ages [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars very good stuff, 5 Oct. 2012
Wonderfully interesting and detailed.

Presenters genuinely interested in their subjects, not just being "front men" for the cameras.

Presenters also honest and explained where there are gaps in knowledge of the time and best probability for working these out. They don't just make stuff up like some other DVDs I've seen.

Would be interested in watching more of these titles.

Miss Minimalist: Inspiration to Downsize, Declutter, and Simplify
Miss Minimalist: Inspiration to Downsize, Declutter, and Simplify

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally resonated with me!!!, 5 Oct. 2012
I absolutely LOVED this book - which I bought on my new Kindle (inspired as I am to cut down on book clutter!).

Many of the things the author spoke about regarding her childhood completely resonated with me too. I wanted things as a child, naturally, but I, too, remember feeling totally overwhelmed by STUFF and longing to grow up so I could keep a living space the way I want to.

I am also a free-wheeling, free-spirited type and like the idea I can pick up and move whenever I please without too much hassle. In fact, I have already done this several times in my life before.

It's certainly an interesting way to look at things and a good philosophy for my life.

As the author explains, the most beautiful things in the world can be enjoyed without this needing to OWN AND POSSESS feeling so many people have - sunsets, a forest, the sea, for example......

John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray
John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray

1.0 out of 5 stars Made no difference whatsoever!, 5 Aug. 2012
My hair is very fine, grey (and coloured!) and frizzy. My hair is slightly wavy and layered. The wave has become more pronounced as the years have rolled by and my hair has got drier.
I like John Frieda products in general and usually find them to be high-quality. I already use the shampoo/conditioner from this range.
However, this spray is no good for my hair type at all! I use it exactly as described in the instructions. If anything, I think it's made my hair frizzier and I will have to stop using it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful top, fantastic colour, 8 Sept. 2011
I am a big fan of Yours Clothing tunics.

I love this top. The colour is so lovely and bright. I wear it to work and always feel more cheerful when I do.

The length and size is generous. I am very tall so it is a flattering cover-your-bottom length on me.

Scholl Instant Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Instant Hard Skin Remover
Offered by EveryDay-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Best foot file I've EVER had!!!, 8 Sept. 2011
I am THRILLED with this foot file. Always hated my calloused feet and wouldn't wear sandals - urgh.

Tried many files in the past, but I never quite got a foot-hold (pun, intended LOL!) on the problem. Usually files just deal with superficial dry skin for people who don't have that big a problem. My callouses were more challenging than that ;)

I didn't find a lot of instructions with my file, so tips I'd like to put out there for others is to:-

1. Soak your feet in warm/hot water for at least 20 minutes.
2. Use the file on your softened skin with it still damp.
3. Calloused skin comes off in strips!
4. I follow up with Scholl Hard Skin Remover cream (another excellent product) for all over my feet
5. Rub in a generous amount of heavy-duty foot cream and pop on some cotton socks. Let it soak in all night.

You'll be walking on air!

Would totally recommend this file to others.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this tunic!, 28 Aug. 2011
I love this tunic! It looks fantastic - the pattern is really different. This is my 3rd tunic top from Yours Clothing and I love them all. I am tall (5ft 11") and this is a great mid-thigh length on me. For shorter girls, it would make a great dress. So pleased. I will be looking out for more patterns for my growing collection :)

Zanussi Z4720A  1700w Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Black & Yellow
Zanussi Z4720A 1700w Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Black & Yellow

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly useless - waste of money!!!!, 22 Jan. 2011
First off, I must admit I have NO LUCK with floor cleaners. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I really don't! I don't vacuum up anything unusual - just a bit of cat hair, fluff, the usual stuff found on carpets. Even Dysons have let me down.

I needed a new vacuum and though "Hang on, maybe I'll try a cheaper model, after all, I'm not looking for anything special here just a basic vacuum". This one has no fancy bells and whistles but I thought it would at least do what it claimed to. Fat chance!

It started off okay (probably because I was comparing it to my last Dyson which was on the way out) but really it has no suction at all. After a couple of weeks, it began to spew dirt out from behind it as fast as it was picking up.

The only good thing I can say about it is, it's a cheaper waste of money than a more expensive model if that makes sense :)

I just despair of ever finding something to get my carpets clean!

I think I may go hardfloor throughout and then at least I can sweep and wash the floor myself!!!!

Engraved Pet tag Nicron (Silver coloured) Circle Medium
Engraved Pet tag Nicron (Silver coloured) Circle Medium
Offered by Loki Pet Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pet Tag!, 20 Nov. 2010
I got my pet-tag this morning - much quicker than I expected.

It's GREAT! Extremely good quality, nice weight to it (though not too heavy for my cat).

Also impressed with the amount of engraving you can get on it. Other tags I looked at were offered 12 characters in TOTAL whilst this one allows 6 lines and one line of my address is quite long.

All in all, I am so pleased with this purchase and a good price too. I am definitely ordering others for the rest of my cats (and I've got EIGHT).

Thanks.