Profile for space68 > Reviews

Content by space68

space68 "space68" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Van Dal Women's Ilminster Navy Blue Pearlised Special Occasion Heels 1841420 8 UK

1.0 out of 5 stars ugly to look at & a poor fit, 9 Aug 2013
I wish I could say something nice about these shoes, but I can't! They are going straight back so I can get my 28 back. To think they'd have been 70 at full price!! Ugly elongated square toe. Freaky colour - blue? silver? grey? Who knows?? Heel unshaped - just banged on there as an afterthought. Way way too tight for EE - and Van Dal are supposed to have a generous wider fittings. I've bought other brands EE which were really wide and these were really tight. Also, maybe it's just the shape of my freaky feet but they are cut low and hit just where your big toe joint is - it cuts right in there - giving me pain before I'd even walked a step. Sorry, I wanted so much more from these, but back they have to go!!!!!

Ambiente Verdi Wall Fountain - Aged Verdegris
Ambiente Verdi Wall Fountain - Aged Verdegris
Offered by Primrose
Price: 179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful expensive-looking fountain, 10 Jun 2013
I loved the look of this fountain online and the other reviewers giving it great reviews convinced me to give it a try. So glad I did. It's fantastic. As another reviewer mentioned, it really does look more expensive than what I paid for it. Mind you, it has a good reduction on Amazon anyway.

In fairness, I have not attached the water bit as I wanted it for ornamental purposes and I am growing a plant in the bowl, so I cannot comment on the efficiency of the fountain.

I am thrilled with this and so glad I bought it. It is a focal point in my patio!

... then just stay fat.
... then just stay fat.
Price: 3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic HONEST kick-ass book!, 23 Nov 2012
I LOVE this book. I respond better to these honest, kick-ass style books. Let's face it - we're all full of excuses and this author has heard them all. They've also got fit from fat and gone into personal training, so they've been there and they know there are no easy answers. It's a pep talk +++ and it shows you how to think critically about all the so-called experts on TV telling us about diet and exercise. RECOMMEND.

Dressing Your Truth: Discover Your Type of Beauty
Dressing Your Truth: Discover Your Type of Beauty
Price: 6.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating stuff - so excited to have found DYT!, 2 Nov 2012
I am so interested in DYT. This is a great book and I am pretty sure I have typed myself correctly. However, I have still organised a Skype call with Carol as i won't rest until I have HER clarification. I tend to second-guess myself, wonder what type I am, eh??

I can't WAIT to know for sure my type as I want to overhaul my whole wardrobe and lifestyle too. I want to learn more about energy profiling too.

New Woman's Small Wallet By Shagwear
New Woman's Small Wallet By Shagwear
Price: 12.95 - 21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute factor = one million!, 18 Oct 2012
What a beautiful little purse. Looks as great as the pic.
My old one gave up the ghost as the zip was jammed. Never did get on with zips and this one doesn't have one.
IT'S GREAT!

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Price: 59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM IN LOVE WITH MY KINDLE!, 5 Oct 2012
If only you knew how much I didn't want to fall for this Kindle hype. I am sloooow to take up new technology but usually grudgingly give in only to find out I love it (mobile, computer, etc).

Same thing with the Kindle!

I am a real book-lover, reading all sorts from classic literature through to cult novels and chick lit. I love the look of libraries and have a tiny tiny home library of my own (okay, it's a walk-in cupboard with shelves!).

HOWEVER, I lean towards minimalism and certainly am anti-clutter. I had no wish to get rid of my already existing books but I had reached critical mass and I revisited the idea of the Kindle. Could I possibly find a small electronic pad a worthy replacement for a book, with pages to turn and flick through?

At 69 for the basic model, I thought it was time to try it once and for all.

I LOVE IT SO, SO MUCH!!!!!

Where do I start?

* The e-ink is so restful on the eyes. Not at all like tiring your eyes out on a computer screen, which was one of my fears.
* Yes, it is perfectly legible in sunlight and I thought it wasn't possible - it is!
* So much free stuff available ESPECIALLY if you love old literature, most of which is in the public domain and out of copyright. I am downloading like crazy here!
* It's just so comfortable to hold and the page turning button is so easy and unobtrusive to use. It is perfect in all my usual reading places, including lying in bed.
* I hate being stuck without something to read if I have to wait somewhere - with space for around 1300 books on this Kindle, there's no chance of that happening.

I realised just how much I fell in love with this product when I decided I would replace books I ALREADY OWN by getting their Kindle equivalents and gradually weeding out my physical book collection.

To say I am a fan would be an understatement :)

The Viking Invasion of Wessex 878AD - The Dark Ages [DVD]
The Viking Invasion of Wessex 878AD - The Dark Ages [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Saunders
Price: 13.91

5.0 out of 5 stars very good stuff, 5 Oct 2012
Wonderfully interesting and detailed.

Presenters genuinely interested in their subjects, not just being "front men" for the cameras.

Presenters also honest and explained where there are gaps in knowledge of the time and best probability for working these out. They don't just make stuff up like some other DVDs I've seen.

Would be interested in watching more of these titles.

Miss Minimalist: Inspiration to Downsize, Declutter, and Simplify
Miss Minimalist: Inspiration to Downsize, Declutter, and Simplify
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally resonated with me!!!, 5 Oct 2012
I absolutely LOVED this book - which I bought on my new Kindle (inspired as I am to cut down on book clutter!).

Many of the things the author spoke about regarding her childhood completely resonated with me too. I wanted things as a child, naturally, but I, too, remember feeling totally overwhelmed by STUFF and longing to grow up so I could keep a living space the way I want to.

I am also a free-wheeling, free-spirited type and like the idea I can pick up and move whenever I please without too much hassle. In fact, I have already done this several times in my life before.

It's certainly an interesting way to look at things and a good philosophy for my life.

As the author explains, the most beautiful things in the world can be enjoyed without this needing to OWN AND POSSESS feeling so many people have - sunsets, a forest, the sea, for example......

John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray
John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray
Price: 4.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Made no difference whatsoever!, 5 Aug 2012
My hair is very fine, grey (and coloured!) and frizzy. My hair is slightly wavy and layered. The wave has become more pronounced as the years have rolled by and my hair has got drier.
I like John Frieda products in general and usually find them to be high-quality. I already use the shampoo/conditioner from this range.
However, this spray is no good for my hair type at all! I use it exactly as described in the instructions. If anything, I think it's made my hair frizzier and I will have to stop using it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful top, fantastic colour, 8 Sep 2011
I am a big fan of Yours Clothing tunics.

I love this top. The colour is so lovely and bright. I wear it to work and always feel more cheerful when I do.

The length and size is generous. I am very tall so it is a flattering cover-your-bottom length on me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3