Profile for Brookleby > Reviews

Brookleby

Wollongong to Woolwich
Wollongong to Woolwich

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, inspiring read, 1 Feb. 2013
I'm not a motorcyclist but this was interesting, fun and inspiring. A great adventure, with challenges overcome along the way. A good read for anybody and a really useful resource for anyone planning a similar trip.

Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Braun Silk-épil 7 7681 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars Ouch! But worth it., 21 July 2010
I had never used an epilator before I tried my sister's last week and was hooked. Mine arrived today - I went for this one as I thought a cheaper model would be a false economy. I have just done a full leg and bikini treatment on one charge and it was still going strong. This took about an hour which compares very favourably with home waxing. The big difference between this and waxing, though, is that the epilator removes tiny short hairs which waxing definitely would not (even a professional salon job). This is the killer benefit as far as I'm concerned - no more waiting for the hair to grow long enough (and spending half the summer covering up or looking like a gorilla in a skirt....). All the different attachments make this a really useful and flexible piece of kit, especially the trimmer and shaver. Brilliant. You will not be disappointed. Don't believe anyone who says it doesn't hurt though - it is fairly uncomfortable but I'm hoping this will improve with time.