Profile for G. Horsham > Reviews

Content by G. Horsham

G. Horsham (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultrasport UmovE HD 60 Sport and Action Camera - Silver, READY-Edition
Ultrasport UmovE HD 60 Sport and Action Camera - Silver, READY-Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive competitor to GoPro, 16 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really pleased with this, my first waterproof video camera. My experiences echo many others, no memory card, lots of attachments and with the instructions and default language was German, although I managed to find the manual on-line which included English. It is very simple to use, scrolling through the options and then either recording video or taking photos.

Battery like is claimed to be an hour - so far it is holding up ok but I tend to recharge, through the PC USB, before it runs out, so cannot verify exactly. Build quality is rugged and the attachments are straight forward to use. Picture quality is fine also.

One minor niggle for me is that the many attachments don't include a curved/adhesive pad as the GoPro does, which would be perfect when I go kayaking; I could fix it to my helmet though.

Topstar 8180SBC0E Point 80 XXL Size Comfortable Small-Office Swivel Chair - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable chair for desk working, 28 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very comfortable chair for desk working. As I spend a large amount of time in front of a PC, it is important that I have a good chair that supports a good adjustable seating position, with plenty of support for the back and legs. The back support is pretty big, wider at the shoulder position but gives a good whole back support, with adjustable lumber support. The back rest also can be tilted forward or backwards to suit your needs. The chair also swivels and the seating height is also adjustable. I decided not to add the arm rests as these can cause you to have a poor posture and can affect your back, but they are provided if you want them.

Being 6'2" (183cm) this chair could fit a larger person, however, children may have an issue as the seat depth is 18" (46cm) so they may not be able to sit squarely on the seat and have their back supported.

Overall I am very pleased with this chair as it is comfortable and I can happily spend a long time in it working on my PC .

Ultrasport Micro Fleece Headband Earmuffs with Hook-and-Loop Fastener
Ultrasport Micro Fleece Headband Earmuffs with Hook-and-Loop Fastener

3.0 out of 5 stars Soft, wide and warm Headband, 28 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice wide, Velcro fastened 100% polyester headband; wider to cover over the ears too. I have worn it out whilst kayaking and walking and it is plenty warm enough. It is fairly plain in styling with a simple "U" type logo, also in black. Only minor grumble would be the price - hence just the 3 stars

Philips GC6611/30 SpeedCare Iron Steam Generator - 120g Steam Boost, 1.2L Water Tank, 2400W, Purple
Offered by Tribal UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for a light user, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have always wondered what the difference was between a basic iron and one of these more expensive steam generator ones, and although I am fairly impressed with this Philips SpeedCare Iron Steam Generator, I am not convinced.

First point to make is that the water is stored in the separate base unit, with this being connected to the iron via a fairly chunky cable/hose, which also contains the electric to heat the iron. This makes the iron itself a little lighter, but also seems to delay the production of steam (as the water has to travel through the hose). The warming up time seems to be about the same as a normal iron. I like the tidy storage facility for the cables, but overall it is a much larger device than a normal iron to store away in a cupboard.

I am not a big iron user (just a few shirts here and there), so for me, a light user, the iron seems a little cumbersome; the thick cable just gets in the way - but that is mainly because I use a small ironing board on a kitchen top; when I used the free standing ironing board it was less of an issue. It does iron very smoothly though and the steam generated does seem to get rid of all creases.

I can easily see that if I was to iron a lot this iron would be a real boon, but it is a bit too cumbersome for my light usage.

Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-3 Digital Compact Camera - Black (16MP, 4x Wide Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good - versatile, rugged, waterproof and packed full of options, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my 3rd Olympus Tough camera I have had and use them from general family snaps to outdoors and kayaking/watersports, so they need to be versatile, rugged and waterproof. The previous 2 were good but this is the best one.

As with many digital cameras, it is packed with a host of various options for picture quality (16Mb being the highest quality), video, scene selections, complete or partial automatic settings, but there are some key points that separate this camera from the rest.

Firstly and foremost is the speed of picture taking - it has a chunkier battery than the other Tough cameras and it means there is almost no delay when clicking the button and the shot being taken. This also allows for high speed shots to be taken, so rather than a single shot mode you can change it to sequential mode (may be 5 shots a second) High Speed mode (15 shots a second) or High Speed mode 2 (60 shots a second) - pretty impressive. You need good light for this though!

There are many different effects to choose from. I liked the Dramatic Tone; it seems to lend itself to some of the coastal scenes I took on holiday recently. I also really like the Photo Story option, which allows you to take 2 or more pictures which can be combined into one photo of different styles. The Microscope mode it great too; especially good for close ups of flowers. I just tested it taking a picture of the letter "C" on the keyboard; the lens was less than 1 centimetre away and it focused!

The GPS is excellent, identifying where the photos were taken (on an OS Survey type map), using the supplied Olympus Viewer 3 software. If you use the Track function on the camera, it shows you where the camera travelled (as a hand-held GPS device would do) - there is no facility to show this on the camera though, it has to be uploaded to a PC.

As with all digital cameras you have to purchase a memory card - I chose an 8Gb fast card which will allow ample space for hundreds of photos as well as good quality video.

I really love this camera - a definite 5 stars

Vango Aspen Folding Camping Table - Silver
Vango Aspen Folding Camping Table - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Large and sturdy, 21 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very sturdy and good sized table. I have used it camping, on the beach and on picnics - it has proven its worth in each case. The legs open up and lock into place easily and fold away again with similar ease. I love the carrying handle - a novel idea. One minor point is that the table is quite large area so if you have a small car it may not fit in the boot easily. Overall, very impressed.

Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Digital Compact Camera - White
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Digital Compact Camera - White
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and fast, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really impressed with this Olympus Tough camera. Packed with lots of features, as you would expect, and a cool screen that you can flip up so you can ensure that you are in the frame for that all important selfie.

Having already owned a 3 year old Olympus Tough (a more basic version) the best feature of this new camera, for me, was the quickness of taking the photo - with most digital cameras of this ilk there is a pause between clicking the button and the camera actually taking the shot, which for action shots is a horrible thing to deal with - this new Olympus Tough this delay is minimal.

Picture quality is very good and movie option is also very good. I use both regularly when out kayaking, so the waterproof feature is essential (although testing this out 10m underwater in a kayak is not my preferred approach)

The only negative point, as with all digital cameras, is that you need to buy a memory card - none is not provided - choose a fast one to get the best out of the camera.

Overall (without going into all the technical aspect the camera offers) the camera is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Belkin Sleeve with Handle and Zip Pocket for 13 inch Ultrabooks and Macbook Pro - Black/Grey
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than it says, 29 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this laptop case. I have had a few over the years (bags, cases, sleeves) and this one is lightweight, very effective and nicely constructed. It is nicely padded to protect the contents too. My Toshiba Z30 (13.3 inch) easily fits in this with room to spare; I keep a wireless mouse receiver plugged into the side of the laptop at the same time. Inside there are 3 pockets so as well as the laptop, there is room to a few carry papers, slim notebooks, pens (and my slim wireless mouse); Outside there is one zip pocket and one Velcro pocket. Overall a definite 5 stars from me.

Braun Silk-épil 7 7569 - Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extras (Including Shaver Head and Trimmer Cap, Cleansing Brush for Face)

2.0 out of 5 stars Seemed ok until the next day, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife found this very simple to use - she had never tried one before. Follow the instruction to first trim the hairs to the same length then use the epilator (different speeds can be used) to the pluck them out. It does give a sharp tingling feeling when used, but at the higher speed it seemed to be less. Although it did seem to work, my wife got an infected leg next day, so has not used it since.

Roberts Radio Play DAB/DAB+/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built In Battery Charger - Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my second DAB radio and it is much more compact and simpler than other larger one; nicely portable. The sound quality is good, and like all digital radios, auto tunes to the correct signal no no noticeable distortion with pre sets that are easily set to your choice. Very pleased.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20