Profile for G. Horsham > Reviews

Content by G. Horsham

G. Horsham (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Digital Compact Camera - White
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Digital Compact Camera - White
Offered by GSM-Fonz

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and fast, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really impressed with this Olympus Tough camera. Packed with lots of features, as you would expect, and a cool screen that you can flip up so you can ensure that you are in the frame for that all important selfie.

Having already owned a 3 year old Olympus Tough (a more basic version) the best feature of this new camera, for me, was the quickness of taking the photo - with most digital cameras of this ilk there is a pause between clicking the button and the camera actually taking the shot, which for action shots is a horrible thing to deal with - this new Olympus Tough this delay is minimal.

Picture quality is very good and movie option is also very good. I use both regularly when out kayaking, so the waterproof feature is essential (although testing this out 10m underwater in a kayak is not my preferred approach)

The only negative point, as with all digital cameras, is that you need to buy a memory card - none is not provided - choose a fast one to get the best out of the camera.

Overall (without going into all the technical aspect the camera offers) the camera is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Belkin Sleeve with Handle and Zip Pocket for 13 inch Ultrabooks and Macbook Pro - Black/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than it says, 29 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this laptop case. I have had a few over the years (bags, cases, sleeves) and this one is lightweight, very effective and nicely constructed. It is nicely padded to protect the contents too. My Toshiba Z30 (13.3 inch) easily fits in this with room to spare; I keep a wireless mouse receiver plugged into the side of the laptop at the same time. Inside there are 3 pockets so as well as the laptop, there is room to a few carry papers, slim notebooks, pens (and my slim wireless mouse); Outside there is one zip pocket and one Velcro pocket. Overall a definite 5 stars from me.

Braun Silk-épil 7 7569 - Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extras (Including Shaver Head and Trimmer Cap, Cleansing Brush for Face)

2.0 out of 5 stars Seemed ok until the next day, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife found this very simple to use - she had never tried one before. Follow the instruction to first trim the hairs to the same length then use the epilator (different speeds can be used) to the pluck them out. It does give a sharp tingling feeling when used, but at the higher speed it seemed to be less. Although it did seem to work, my wife got an infected leg next day, so has not used it since.

Roberts Play DAB/DAB+/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built In Battery Charger
Roberts Play DAB/DAB+/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built In Battery Charger
Offered by K.K. Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my second DAB radio and it is much more compact and simpler than other larger one; nicely portable. The sound quality is good, and like all digital radios, auto tunes to the correct signal no no noticeable distortion with pre sets that are easily set to your choice. Very pleased.

Speechless
Speechless
by Hannah Harrington

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a "childrens" book, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Speechless (Paperback)
** a review by my 13 year old**

Can I start with the assurance that if I had actually read the whole book, I’m sure I would be able to rate it higher than a 2 star.
This book is under the children's category and seems like a book for children. After reading the first few pages, judging by the swearing and rudeness of the book, I had to stop reading it. It is not suitable for children, so why is it under the children's category? It is probably for people aged 16+

After reading the blurb on Amazon, it sounded like a harmless book; a girl who spills a secret and cannot ever tell anyone anything again - your average kids book. However, it is not like that. The first few pages started off as if written by someone around 16. There was instant swearing, and after flicking through the book to see if there was anything else unsuitable, and there was. It was not just the swearing, but there were many rude phrases in the book that made me uncomfortable to read.

However, I cannot complain too much because I have not read the whole book; the language got ruder and ruder as it went on. I am sure that this is a great book for people aged 16+. But 16 year olds aren’t ‘children’, so why is this classed as a child’s book? I even read the preview before I bought this book, and do not recall seeing any inappropriate language or storyline.
If you are wondering whether to buy this book, I recommend that, unless you are over sixteen, don’t buy this book because it is far too rude for anyone below that age. If I had been 16, there would have been more positive aspects of this book.

Remington AS7055 Big Style
Remington AS7055 Big Style

2.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, but awkward to use, 27 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was initially very excited at receiving this product after several years of combining hair dryers with rotating hot brushes daily, with heated rollers for a special occasion.

The presentation is good. The product comes in an attractive purple soft case with a heat resist layer on top so that the product can be put away straight after use. The instructions seemed clear but one glaringly obvious design fault was becoming apparent – it does not rotate!

After semi drying my shoulder-length fine hair using the concentrator, which took a while as the product is not powerful, I was ready to start. I found the big style very fiddly to use. You have to have the roller ready on the wand (which I kept forgetting to do after sectioning my next strand of hair) and then attempt to roll the device onto your hair. I find this tricky enough with a heated roller, but it is made more cumbersome by the added length of the device attached to the roller. While your arm is at an awkward angle you then have to locate the on/off switch and the roller release button, without moving the roller that is clinging on tentatively and without knocking against the other secured rollers. I was not particularly successful at either. Also the rollers do not seem wide enough and my hair kept escaping around the edges. I used all the rollers to curl my hair.
I attached a hairnet while the rollers cooled as they did not feel secure and kept loosening without it.
I left the rollers in for an hour and then managed to wrestle them out. Despite the fact that they felt loose, they cling on with velcro determination when you want to remove them. I would say that big style is a suitable description – lots of volume and body rather than defined curls.

I have given this product 2 stars, the second star awarded only as I plan to use this product as a useful travel dryer and hot brush in the future due to its reasonably small size. The rollers will be banished to the back of the wardrobe.
I think the designers have missed a trick with this one. It seems a clever idea but is too fiddly. I was hoping for a product that wound the rollers on for me, the part that I find the most difficult. If that was the case then other arduous features could be forgiven.

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Leather Origami Case (will only fit All-New Kindle Fire HD 7"), Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover - all "new" Kindle only though, 23 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been impressed with this Kindle cover - plastic and sturdy enough to protect your beloved Kindle, but also adaptable so that it can stand up the Kindle in portrait or landscape mode - much better than a couple of other cases I have tried. Just in case you were not aware, this cover only works for the new (2013) Kindle Fire HD and not the older version, which is slightly bigger and has buttons in different places.

Golla Angela Cover for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite, Pink
Golla Angela Cover for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite, Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cover, at a stretch, 23 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been looking for a suitable cover for our Kindle Paperwhite and this fitted the bill. A sturdy synthetic leather cover certainly protects it well - minor grumble was that the 4 elastic corner straps needed to be stretched quite a bit to fit the Kindle in - having said that, there will be little chance of it falling out of the cover now. Overall I am very pleased with this.

Parker Urban Premium Penman Medium Nib Fountain Pen with Gift Box - Blue
Parker Urban Premium Penman Medium Nib Fountain Pen with Gift Box - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a reason Parker has a good name!, 23 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I much prefer using ink pens, but typically I only use cheap/disposables ones these days - they do the job whilst maintaining the air of being something akin to an ink pen. Having used this fountain pen for the last month now, I realise what I have been missing; it feels so much better, it is smooth to write with and more distinctive. People at work have noticed the pen and asked about it - there is definitely something about a Parker pen - top marks!

R206 Portable Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot + SIM with Preloaded 2x1GB Data. Connect your Kindle Fire Tablet to the Internet on the Go

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable WiFI, with a catch, 23 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Why pay extra for a 3G tablet when WiFi is free? Well, the simple answer is that WiFi is not available everywhere - you may be able to use it at home, or visit a coffee shop with free WiFi, but if you are travelling, or in fact most places, WiFi does not have great coverage. However, this Portable Vodafone Mobile WiFi Hot Spot could be the answer. It is a pocket sized white plastic device that comes preloaded with 2 Gb worth of data, and when switched on, where there is a Vodafone signal, will allow any WiFi enabled device to connect to the internet, provide the correct connection password is entered

The instructions are pretty clear in setting up the SIM card and your Vodafone account, however, there is one important thing that was omitted. The SIM is preloaded with £40 worth of data, BUT you first have to contact Vodafone to select the package you require the data to be used (you can do it online apparently, but it difficult to find, so said the Vodafone support desk). I opted for the simplest £5 per month = 250Mb data - if you don't use the data then you lose it, so the £40 will last 8 months - more than enough for me, but this detail was not clearly explained up front. Only when you have done this, activating the SIM, can internet connections be made.

Having said that, it is a pretty good device. I have been happily connected using my Kindle when on the train and bus, with no noticeable loss of signal and quite quick too; more than adequate for my needs although I am not sure about streaming. A good and fairly cheap option for internet (almost) anywhere.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20