Profile for G. Horsham > Reviews

Content by G. Horsham

G. Horsham (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Science in Sport 60 ml Energy Gel Variety - Pack of 7
Science in Sport 60 ml Energy Gel Variety - Pack of 7

3.0 out of 5 stars Subtle flavours and strange texture, 15 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first experience of Isotonic Gel so did not know what to expect. This pack of 7 flavour variety gels should give you a good sample of what an isotonic gel can do for you. They are easy to open and you simply squeeze out the contents into your mouth. Texture-wise they are like a soft purée, which I found a little strange at first, and the taste is subtle; not sweet or overpowering. They are not thirst-quenching, so I found I had to drink some water as well (although you can get SiS GO Hydro or SiS GO Electrolyte for fluid intake also). Although I like the idea of these gels I am quite happy with standard isotonic drinks.

Miele Complete C3 Celebration EcoLine Plus Hard Floor Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 4.5 Litre, 800 W, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, 1 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the best vacuum cleaner we have ever had - and we have had a fair few.

The main plus points:
- very powerful
- fairly quite (for a vacuum cleaner)
- good combination of effective heads (no gizmos)
- simple and clear way to change the power (I like the little orange light too)
- long power cable means I can plug it in downstairs and I can vacuum the whole house (upstairs and downstairs) without having to unplug
Negative points:
- struggling to find any - slightly heavier than others we have had

Just briefly expanding on the above, given it is just 800watts, it will lift the carpet off the floor - very powerful!!! There is a lot of hype of the bag-less cleaners, but in all honesty, the 2 best vacuum's I have had (including this one) were both bagged cleaners. The bag-less ones need to be constantly emptied and cleaned otherwise they lose their power (and I have tried Vax, Electrolux and Hoover before).

The heads/brushes are very good - they tilt and swivel easily and to a good angle, which means I find it is good for cleaning up the stairs and underneath furniture. The very large hard-floor head is excellent as it cleans in double quick time (and it does not lose power with the larger head either). All the tubes and heads simply click/un-click into place (no more having to firmly push/pull/twist into place to hope they stay in place)

Overall, I cannot fault this vacuum - totally 5 stars from me *****

Revlon Blush Brush
Revlon Blush Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft but firm, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Revlon Blush Brush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Revlon blush brush is a very nice product. The bristles are soft but still provide a firm application. The head-size is also good as it allows a good sweep of colour, plus the handle is of a good length for use. As it is black in colour it does not appear to get so dirty, but having said that it cleans easily. Overall, a very nice blush brush.

Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars One squirt and it's off!, 10 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Dettol spray cleaner does exactly what you want - a few quick squirts onto a surface, wipe over with a damp cloth to leave a sparkly clean surface with a nice hint of lemon scent. On our hob it worked well, and better than our standard Tesco surface cleaner.

Ultrasport UmovE HD 60 Sport and Action Camera - Silver, READY-Edition
Ultrasport UmovE HD 60 Sport and Action Camera - Silver, READY-Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive competitor to GoPro, 16 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really pleased with this, my first waterproof video camera. My experiences echo many others, no memory card, lots of attachments and with the instructions and default language was German, although I managed to find the manual on-line which included English. It is very simple to use, scrolling through the options and then either recording video or taking photos.

Battery like is claimed to be an hour - so far it is holding up ok but I tend to recharge, through the PC USB, before it runs out, so cannot verify exactly. Build quality is rugged and the attachments are straight forward to use. Picture quality is fine also.

One minor niggle for me is that the many attachments don't include a curved/adhesive pad as the GoPro does, which would be perfect when I go kayaking; I could fix it to my helmet though.

Topstar 8180SBC0E Point 80 XXL Size Comfortable Small-Office Swivel Chair - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable chair for desk working, 28 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very comfortable chair for desk working. As I spend a large amount of time in front of a PC, it is important that I have a good chair that supports a good adjustable seating position, with plenty of support for the back and legs. The back support is pretty big, wider at the shoulder position but gives a good whole back support, with adjustable lumber support. The back rest also can be tilted forward or backwards to suit your needs. The chair also swivels and the seating height is also adjustable. I decided not to add the arm rests as these can cause you to have a poor posture and can affect your back, but they are provided if you want them.

Being 6'2" (183cm) this chair could fit a larger person, however, children may have an issue as the seat depth is 18" (46cm) so they may not be able to sit squarely on the seat and have their back supported.

Overall I am very pleased with this chair as it is comfortable and I can happily spend a long time in it working on my PC .

Ultrasport Micro Fleece Headband Earmuffs with Hook-and-Loop Fastener
Ultrasport Micro Fleece Headband Earmuffs with Hook-and-Loop Fastener

3.0 out of 5 stars Soft, wide and warm Headband, 28 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice wide, Velcro fastened 100% polyester headband; wider to cover over the ears too. I have worn it out whilst kayaking and walking and it is plenty warm enough. It is fairly plain in styling with a simple "U" type logo, also in black. Only minor grumble would be the price - hence just the 3 stars

Philips GC6611/30 SpeedCare Steam Generator Iron - 120 g Steam Boost, 1.2 L, 2400 W, Purple

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for a light user, 9 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have always wondered what the difference was between a basic iron and one of these more expensive steam generator ones, and although I am fairly impressed with this Philips SpeedCare Iron Steam Generator, I am not convinced.

First point to make is that the water is stored in the separate base unit, with this being connected to the iron via a fairly chunky cable/hose, which also contains the electric to heat the iron. This makes the iron itself a little lighter, but also seems to delay the production of steam (as the water has to travel through the hose). The warming up time seems to be about the same as a normal iron. I like the tidy storage facility for the cables, but overall it is a much larger device than a normal iron to store away in a cupboard.

I am not a big iron user (just a few shirts here and there), so for me, a light user, the iron seems a little cumbersome; the thick cable just gets in the way - but that is mainly because I use a small ironing board on a kitchen top; when I used the free standing ironing board it was less of an issue. It does iron very smoothly though and the steam generated does seem to get rid of all creases.

I can easily see that if I was to iron a lot this iron would be a real boon, but it is a bit too cumbersome for my light usage.

Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-3 Digital Compact Camera - Black (16MP, 4x Wide Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good - versatile, rugged, waterproof and packed full of options, 28 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my 3rd Olympus Tough camera I have had and use them from general family snaps to outdoors and kayaking/watersports, so they need to be versatile, rugged and waterproof. The previous 2 were good but this is the best one.

As with many digital cameras, it is packed with a host of various options for picture quality (16Mb being the highest quality), video, scene selections, complete or partial automatic settings, but there are some key points that separate this camera from the rest.

Firstly and foremost is the speed of picture taking - it has a chunkier battery than the other Tough cameras and it means there is almost no delay when clicking the button and the shot being taken. This also allows for high speed shots to be taken, so rather than a single shot mode you can change it to sequential mode (may be 5 shots a second) High Speed mode (15 shots a second) or High Speed mode 2 (60 shots a second) - pretty impressive. You need good light for this though!

There are many different effects to choose from. I liked the Dramatic Tone; it seems to lend itself to some of the coastal scenes I took on holiday recently. I also really like the Photo Story option, which allows you to take 2 or more pictures which can be combined into one photo of different styles. The Microscope mode it great too; especially good for close ups of flowers. I just tested it taking a picture of the letter "C" on the keyboard; the lens was less than 1 centimetre away and it focused!

The GPS is excellent, identifying where the photos were taken (on an OS Survey type map), using the supplied Olympus Viewer 3 software. If you use the Track function on the camera, it shows you where the camera travelled (as a hand-held GPS device would do) - there is no facility to show this on the camera though, it has to be uploaded to a PC.

As with all digital cameras you have to purchase a memory card - I chose an 8Gb fast card which will allow ample space for hundreds of photos as well as good quality video.

I really love this camera - a definite 5 stars

Vango Aspen Folding Camping Table - Silver
Vango Aspen Folding Camping Table - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Large and sturdy, 21 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very sturdy and good sized table. I have used it camping, on the beach and on picnics - it has proven its worth in each case. The legs open up and lock into place easily and fold away again with similar ease. I love the carrying handle - a novel idea. One minor point is that the table is quite large area so if you have a small car it may not fit in the boot easily. Overall, very impressed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20