Profile for S. Brown > Reviews

Content by S. Brown

S. Brown (Hull, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Rosetta Stone, French, Version 4, TOTALe, Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (Mac/PC)[OLD VERSION]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comprehensive, 6 Jan 2012
I have been doing this course slowly, but surely over the last 5 or so months. It's a great program, which gives you a large working knowledge of the language. It is quite a slow start, but I do think that it's necessary, because the basics of a language are critical. When you're doing it, it is a lot of fun, you'll find that the hours fly by! The only negative is the price, and that they are constantly fleecing you of all your money for online activities! I can't justify that kind of price for you, it depends how much you want to learn the language! This WILL give you all the tools to learn the language to a decent standard, over about 6 months. In relation to other products, I don't think there is one on the market which will give you the depth, coverage and variation that this does. The speech recognition is really useful too, although sometimes irritating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2013 8:08 PM GMT

Rosetta Stone, Spanish (Spain), Version 4, TOTALe, Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (Mac/PC)[OLD VERSION]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comprehensive, 6 Jan 2012
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2013 8:08 PM GMT

Penguin Great Ideas : On Natural Selection
Penguin Great Ideas : On Natural Selection
by Charles Darwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet!, 6 Jan 2012
This short edition of Charles Darwin's classic is brilliant. It covers struggle for existence, natural selection, difficulties on theory and a conclusion. Aside from anything else, this little book is a lovely addition to a library, with its very nice cover. The great ideas collection are great books, this one is no different!

Total Dutch (Learn Dutch with the Michel Thomas Method)
Total Dutch (Learn Dutch with the Michel Thomas Method)
by Els Van Geyte

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 6 Jan 2012
I am a massive fan of the Michel Thomas method. I did French up to GCSE level at school, but other than that I have no language learning experience. I didn't enjoy learning French at school at all, but this method makes language learning enjoyable and exciting. This won't provide you with vast amounts of vocabulary, but it will give you the basic foundations of the language, which can easily be built upon. The time and hours just fly by when you do this course, it's just so enjoyable. I accept that other people may prefer other language learning tool, but for me, this is brilliant and can be used in conjunction with any other course. Even though Michel Thomas doesn't actually teach this course, it is still the same method, and the teachers are very good. In summary; for the money, this is a terrific course, and I would highly recommend everyone to try it!

I was already fluent in Dutch, prior to taking this course, as I'm half Dutch. But, my younger brother and girlfriend have completed this course. When they were doing so I did it with them, and found it to be very good and I was surprised at how fast they were speaking to me competently in Dutch! A friend had the old version of this course and it was pretty much the same! They may have added a little, but there is not much of the extra material which has been added to the main courses. Overall a great product though, slightly disappointed they didn't add more extra material!

Total Russian (Learn Russian with the Michel Thomas Method)
Total Russian (Learn Russian with the Michel Thomas Method)
by Natasha Bershadski

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 6 Jan 2012
I am a massive fan of the Michel Thomas method. I did French up to GCSE level at school, but other than that I have no language learning experience. I didn't enjoy learning French at school at all, but this method makes language learning enjoyable and exciting. This won't provide you with vast amounts of vocabulary, but it will give you the basic foundations of the language, which can easily be built upon. The time and hours just fly by when you do this course, it's just so enjoyable. I accept that other people may prefer other language learning tool, but for me, this is brilliant and can be used in conjunction with any other course. Even though Michel Thomas doesn't actually teach this course, it is still the same method, and Natasha Bershadski is a very good teacher. In summary; for the money, this is a terrific course, and I would highly recommend everyone to try it!

Total Italian (Learn Italian with the Michel Thomas Method)
Total Italian (Learn Italian with the Michel Thomas Method)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 6 Jan 2012
I am a massive fan of the Michel Thomas method. I did French up to GCSE level at school, but other than that I have no language learning experience. I didn't enjoy learning French at school at all, but this method makes language learning enjoyable and exciting. This won't provide you with vast amounts of vocabulary, but it will give you the basic foundations of the language, which can easily be built upon. The time and hours just fly by when you do this course, it's just so enjoyable. I accept that other people may prefer other language learning tool, but for me, this is brilliant and can be used in conjunction with any other course. I would encourage everyone to learn using the Michel Thomas method, especially as they have now added the visual aspect to the course, to benefit all types of learners. In summary; for the money, this is a terrific course, and I would highly recommend everyone to try it!

This is almost identical to the original version, other than a few visual things added, so nothing new for people who have already used a previous version!

Total French (Learn French with the Michel Thomas Method)
Total French (Learn French with the Michel Thomas Method)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 6 Jan 2012

Total Spanish (Learn Spanish with the Michel Thomas Method)
Total Spanish (Learn Spanish with the Michel Thomas Method)

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation to first person shooters!, 6 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this product for use on my Xbox 360. I was shocked at how good these actually are! My friends have been raving about turtle beach for quite some time, but I never thought they'd be that good! I use them when playing on CoD online and they are amazing! It changed my game completely, they give you an extra sense! You can hear everything, the depth of sound is amazing, it feels like you're there! So, as you can imagine for first person shooters they're really useful, as you can hear people around you and can tell when an enemy is close. Only downside is after a while the wire tangles up and twists, which shortens the length. Still, they're amazing and well worth it for any gamer!

FIFA 12 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 12 (Xbox 360)
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Game!, 6 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 12 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Once again, EA have improved upon the previous FIFA game, ironing out some of the flaws that have us all reeling every year. There are still minor flaws, but these are negligible, and are almost insignificant! The main change though, and a welcomed one in my opinion, is the tackling. Unlike previous games you can't just hold in pressure, which was just too easy and far too effective. Now that you have to manually tackle players it's more about timing and awareness. This will make it more difficult for people new to the game, or those who don't like football very much, but then they have left in the option to change it back to the old defending. For regular buyers of FIFA it may take a while to get used to, but will be well worth it when you do, as I think it could be so much more effective when you perfect it. It adds to the realism of the game and is a good thing in the long run, even if it is hard to get used to at first. Everything else is great and pretty much the same, just a bit slicker. Although, the new dribbling isn't really that much different, they could have made that so much better, but then that'll probably come in later FIFAs. In summary, the changes are all positive ones and is definitely the best FIFA yet! All FIFA and football fans will love this!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6