Profile for Bex > Reviews

The Pirate Cruncher
The Pirate Cruncher
by Jonny Duddle

5.0 out of 5 stars Our 3 year old boy loves this book!, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Pirate Cruncher (Paperback)
What a brilliant book! From the first page this book had our little boy hooked in to the story. The combination of the sea shanty-style rhyme and the detailed and captivating illustrations make for an interesting read for me and my boy. He loves to point out the tentacles of the 'octopus/sea monster' sneakily hidden on every page with an 'uh-oh!'

We have read this story pre-bedtime for weeks now and its popularity shows no sign of waning. It isn't a scary story - it's just good fun! As a bonus, it has expanded my little boy's vocabulary hugely.

Buy it - you wont be disappointed.

Flip Flap Airport (Hide and Seek)
Flip Flap Airport (Hide and Seek)
by Rob Lloyd Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars More flaps than the average flap book!, 5 Dec 2011
I bought this book for my 2 and a half year old boy to take with us on holiday to keep him occupied on the plane. He loved it! There are so so many flaps to look at and under - even flaps within flaps - that it took us a few reads before we had spotted them all. He loves to learn about what is happening on each page from arriving at the airport to seeing the planes taking off to coming home, and talking about the people on the pages (that's you mummy, and that's daddy with his sunglasses on etc). It is a big and sturdy book - so not the most light and compact we could have chosen to take with our hand luggage - but it was worth it as it kept him amused and he still loves reading it now another 6 months on. I think he will still love it when he can read the words for himself.

Diggers Lift-And-Look (Lift-and-Look Board Books)
Diggers Lift-And-Look (Lift-and-Look Board Books)
by Felicity Brooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but could do with a few more flaps, 24 Oct 2011
I bought this book for my 2 year old boy. He really enjoys looking under all of the flaps in the book and saying what's under each one and what everyone is doing. We like spotting the mice instead of Pip the puppy - the puppy is too easy to find. It is really sturdy so a good one if your little one is a bit enthusiastic at opening the flaps (they can withstand it). My only criticism is that on some pages it could do with a couple more flaps. Especially the last page which is a bit of a let-down compared to the others.

Tales of Acorn Wood:Postman Bear(PB (Tales from Acorn Wood)
Tales of Acorn Wood:Postman Bear(PB (Tales from Acorn Wood)
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars My little boy can't get enough Postman Bear, 29 Nov 2010
This is a lovely book that my 19 month old adores. Right from the first page he is pointing out the illustrations and learning and using new words like 'acorn' and 'mix mix' - all will become clear if you buy the book! It also starts them off with some basic counting - 1, 2,3. A really lovely book that is a nice length for a story before bed.

Hello, Jess! (Postman Pat)
Hello, Jess! (Postman Pat)
by John A Cunliffe
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice short Postman Pat book that helps to form new words, 29 Nov 2010
This is a nice board book for little ones - my little boy first started to look at this when he was about 16 months old and it is still a book that he will happily read again and again almost 4 months on. It is a nice sized book that he can hold and turn the pages for himself which as they get older is something that they really like to do. There isn't that much content to it which is why I didn't give it 5 stars - but if my boy were in charge he would probably say mummy was being mean.

Fizz The Fire Engine!
Fizz The Fire Engine!
by David Wojtowycz

5.0 out of 5 stars Fizz is a hit for 19 month old boy, 29 Nov 2010
This review is from: Fizz The Fire Engine! (Paperback)
Fizz the fire engine is a nice short story for little ones. My little boy of 19 months loved this story book from the first read and we now regularly read it before bed time - several times! It is a good story length for before bed time and when you get bored of reading it for the upteenth time in a row you can revert to looking for things on each page - where's the birdie, where's the sheep etc etc. The illustrations are nice and bright too. Haven't tried the other books from the same author but might on the strength of how well this one has gone down.

Maisy's Amazing Word Book (Maisy) (Maisy)
Maisy's Amazing Word Book (Maisy) (Maisy)
by Lucy Cousins

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets your little one talking, 2 Oct 2010
My 18 month old son loves books and this is one of his firm favourites. It is a big and sturdy book with lots of pages and lots of pictures to hold his attention. He loves to point out different things in the book and it has really helped to bring on his words.

I'm Alan Partridge : Complete BBC Series 1 [1997] [DVD]
I'm Alan Partridge : Complete BBC Series 1 [1997] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Smell my cheese!, 9 Dec 2009
A DVD of pure genius comedy (once you overcome the test of how to get the main event started). Chances are if you have got as far as looking at the DVD on amazon you know how good the series was, so there's no point going over old ground. Buy it, you wont be disappointed but you will be uttering Partridgisms for weeks.