Profile for Goodwoodsadie > Reviews

Lovers Knot Quilt
Lovers Knot Quilt
by Eleanor Burns

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 23 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Lovers Knot Quilt (Paperback)
I just love this book. Eleanor Burns is a great Author and teacher and her words just seem to talk to you as you are reading through the instructions. There is a pattern for the lovers knot in three sizes of quilt and a table runner with the same knot. There are photos of other colourways which are good to see and helps with the inspiration. I cannot wait to finish the quilt i am working on to start the pattern for this one, i am so glad i bought it.

Why Does My Dog Do That?: Because It's A Dog
Why Does My Dog Do That?: Because It's A Dog
by Robin Glover

5.0 out of 5 stars Why does my Dog do That, 22 Mar. 2011
This is a brilliant book that is written in plain english with a touch of humour. It is a sensible down to earth approach to handling dogs and their problems and it works. He has investigated dog behaviour for a long time, and being a police dog handler, has had a lot of experience. He tells you how to understand your dog as much as the dog has to understand you as you are the alpha dog and if your dog believes that then he will become your best well behaved friend for life. I have met the author of this book when he came to see our rescue dog with her many problems and i can 'hear' him talking as I read the book. I would highly recommend it.

Quilting by Machine (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
Quilting by Machine (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
by Cy Decosse Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars My little helper, 19 Nov. 2010
This book is one of my most referred to books in my vast collection of patchwork and quilting books. It has helped me on various occasions showing me the right way to do things and the pictures are quite simple to follow. I am glad I bought it.

The Log Cabin Quilt Book
The Log Cabin Quilt Book
by Carol Anne Wien

3.0 out of 5 stars Log Cabin Quilt Book, 3 Sept. 2010
I found this book a little disappointing as there are many better books on log cabin quilts to choose from. It seemed to me to be a little boring and old fashioned in its approach and it was one that went straight in my bookcase rather than be left out to read.

Miss Rosie's Spice of Life Quilts
Miss Rosie's Spice of Life Quilts
by Carrie L. Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought it, 18 Jun. 2010
I have only received this book today and love it already. I wasn't sure what to expect as i hadn't bought any of the Miss Rosie books but i needn't have worried. There were 13 quilts in all looking very complicated but we are assured at the beginning in the introduction that they are not hard at all. On looking through the instructions, i must admit they look fairly easy, and i am not an advanced quilter at all. Can't wait to have a go at them. The instructions are on the back 8 pages so when you open the book it goes straight into the patterns and gets the imagination twirling. I shall be buying some more of Miss Rosies quilting books if this is anything to go by.

Easy Japanese Quilt Style: 10 Stylish But Simple Projects Inspired by Japanese Fabric
by Julia Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 1 July 2009
I bought this book at Sandown Quilting Championships from Ann Muxworthy one of the authors and what can i say. The photographs are really beautiful and although the panel used on the front cover of the book has sold out there are plenty more similar ones to chose from in shops and on the internet. The instructions are simple to follow and there are many projects to make from small purses, pin cushions etc to larger items like wall hangings and bed quilts for the more experienced. After many years of quilting I always stayed clear of japanese fabrics but when i saw how beautiful they were and their depth of colour, I just had to give them a go and bought many fabrics and the book home with me from the show. I have to say, I would like to make all of the things in this book and maybe one day i will.

Tessellation Quilts: Sensational Designs From Interlocking Patterns
Tessellation Quilts: Sensational Designs From Interlocking Patterns
by Christine Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, with interesting patterns and very colourful, 10 Mar. 2009
I must confess to being a fan of Christine Porter and have all her videos and books at this time. I really like this book as it has full instructions on quilting for the beginner and there is something for the more experienced quilter to work on as well. It is full of colourful patterns and some variations too in the colouring so you can see what different effects can be achieved by simply changing the colour. I am fairly new to quilting and have made a couple of these quilts already and in my opinion the individual instructions were fairly straightforward

Claire Shaeffer's Fabric Sewing Guide (Creative Machine Arts)
Claire Shaeffer's Fabric Sewing Guide (Creative Machine Arts)
by Claire B. Shaeffer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabric Sewing Guide, 30 Sept. 2006
Although I only received the book this week and havent read it from cover to cover the actual content looks brilliant and I wouldnt imagine anything has been left out of this book at all from information about fabrics and what to do with them through to special tecniques used for sewing etc. I was surprised at how thick the book was and, in my opinion, is well worth the money and I can see this book being well used.

Page: 1 | 2