Profile for rocket ron > Reviews

Field Guide to the Micro-Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
Field Guide to the Micro-Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
by Phil Sterling

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for any nature photograher, 19 Sept. 2013
I bought this book around 10 months ago & it is really brilliant. Micro-moths were always very tricky & I often didn't bother to photograph them because they took so long to identify. I now photogragh as many as possible & found numerous ones that are quite rare (authenticated by an expert & displayed on their site). Once I have found the moth I double check it with photos on the internet, but the illustrations really are precise. Lots of useful text with flight periods, habitat etc. Although I live in France the vast majority of micro moths are in here & if not there is a close relative.

Concise Guide to the Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
Concise Guide to the Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
by Martin Townsend
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend it to anyone interested in moths or nature in general., 19 Sept. 2013
We were given this book about 5 years ago & I use it all the time. I take lots of photos of moths in the day & also at night on a wall around a night-light. I use the book to find the moth & then double check it on the internet sites. It is so much quicker than trawling through the internet & gives valuable information such as flight periods & close relatives. The vast majority of the moths I find are in here despite the fact that we live in France. The pages & spiral binding are probably good for at least another 5 years, no problems there. I have just bought it for a friend.

Seben DKA2 Universal Digiscoping Digital Camera and Videocamera Adapter
Seben DKA2 Universal Digiscoping Digital Camera and Videocamera Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Digiscoping here I come, 24 Oct. 2012
The adapter arrived in less than a week, much quicker than they had said. It was well packed in bubble-wrap & sent in a padded jiffy bag, so it arrived in perfect condition. The large padded hole clamps nicely onto the eyepiece of the scope. It seems to be very ajustable in all directions & at the same time clamps solidly in place.
I can't wait to get out there taking photographs.