Profile for pinkisback > Reviews

Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Prometheus [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Nothing much happens and when it does it's dull and disjointed. This was done 30+ years ago and to a much higher standard.

FAMOUS FIVE 1 (Five On A Treasure Island)
FAMOUS FIVE 1 (Five On A Treasure Island)

5.0 out of 5 stars Original text version, 10 May 2013
Would-be buyers may be interested (relieved?) to know that this version of Five on a Treasure Island is as Enid Blyton wrote it - no text amendments or updates. Just as it was when I first read it 45 years ago!

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work - it works very well., 30 April 2013
I've been doing 4:3 since February and I have lost just over 1.5 st. This is the first time I have dieted for any length of time - usually I start, weigh myself the next day, find I haven't lost weight and so pack in! So the Fast Diet: I decided to try this because I thought I could manage it - a day with a limited amount of food and then back to normal - how difficult could it be? My first fast day was hard - I had a horrible headache - but this may have been due to dehydration. The next couple of fasting days weren't easy but you just have to keep repeating the mantra 'tomorrow I can eat what I want' and you can get through. I find drinking sparkling water helps me - I even warm it up on cold days. You do need to be organised though regarding what you are going to eat; you can't wing it or you're going to overindulge. Just have everything to hand, calories counted and you're almost there. When I started fasting I had lunch and an evening meal, but I have now cut out lunch and eat more in the evening and I've found this much easier to cope with. I haven't been very well behaved on feast days - I still go for an Indian meal, have KFC, takeaways, cakes etc etc but I am still losing weight; I do though, try to be more sensible - if I'm having a takeaway I make sure I don't overindulge for the rest of the day. When I do reach my goal weight I am planning to switch to 6:1 and I believe that this is a plan I can easily do for the rest of my hopefully, healthier life. Once you get used to it it really isn't difficult and you wonder why you never thought of it yourself. The book, although padded out somewhat is interesting and worth a read especially if you want some guidance to get you started.

LADIES NAVY WATERPROOF BOOTS,HIKING,WALKING,LEATHER
LADIES NAVY WATERPROOF BOOTS,HIKING,WALKING,LEATHER
Price: £29.94 - £34.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Northwest Territory Boots, 14 Oct. 2011
I love these boots. They're very well made and look great. They're also true to size - I'm a 6 and there's plenty of room for thick socks - something you want to know when ordering by mail order, so no messing about with returns. I like the colour choices too, makes a change from the usual dreary colours. As other reviewers have said, they do feel quite hard (although they're not heavy) but I think they'll relax with wear.

Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years
Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years
by David Talbot

5.0 out of 5 stars Brothers - Thought Provoking, 23 Aug. 2011
I enjoyed this book very much and even though I knew what was coming I found some parts incredibly sad and hard to read. I was very young when the Kennedys were assassinated and until I read this knew very little about RFK so hadn't realised how utterly broken he was following the death of his brother and how much it haunted and tormented him for the remainder of his life. This is a thought provoking book that will make you want to find out more - not only about the relationship between the brothers but also a terrible period in American history.

Ravensburger Degas Ballet Class 1000pc jigsaw puzzle
Ravensburger Degas Ballet Class 1000pc jigsaw puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Degas Jigsaw 1000 pieces, 6 April 2011
This is a lovely jigsaw. The pieces fit together well and the quality is very good. It didn't take as long to do as I thought it might given the muted colours and painting style but it was very enjoyable.

Ravensburger Tarot 2000pc Jigsaw Puzzle
Ravensburger Tarot 2000pc Jigsaw Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarot 2000 Piece Jigsaw, 15 Mar. 2011
I really enjoyed completing this jigsaw. It's good quality and the pieces fit together well. There's lots going on in the picture and it's lovely and colourful. An absolute pleasure.