Profile for Else > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Distant Hours
The Distant Hours

5.0 out of 5 stars suspense!, 9 May 2014
This review is from: The Distant Hours (Kindle Edition)
The mystery continues right to the end - I had made up my mind that I knew "who dunnit" but was wrong! Told in Kate Morton's usual excellent way, holding the reader's interest all the way through, with a wish that the book did not come to an end. I hope she will go on to write many more.

Pettson's Inventions
Pettson's Inventions

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Pettson's Inventions (App)
Easy and because of this enjoyable for someone who struggles to play some games! Nice to be able to complete the game!

Simon Leach's Pottery Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Throwing Beautiful, Functional Pots
by Simon Leach

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 25 April 2014
I have watched Simon Leach on YouTube and can now read the book and watch his clear instructions on my own dvd. I am an amateur potter so it is very good to get these basic instructions to try on my own wheel and fire in my own kiln. Simon has a relaxed way of teaching which I like and hope to put it all into practise - as he says all the time "keep practising!"

Kamor® Amazon All New Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 inch 8.9" Case 2013 smart case leather cover with Stylus, Automatic Sleep/Wake Function, Built-in 2-view angle stand) for new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 8.9" 8.9 inch 2nd gen 2013 new generation model Tablet(8.9" HDX Display, Wi-Fi, Optional 4G LTE Wireless, 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB)- Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, 25 April 2014
This case was very reasonably priced, arrived quickly and does a great job standing at the right angle for comfortable reading - especially as it came with a stylus which is a great help. I had considered buying one which was very expensive, but am very glad I changed my mind. I can't imagine I would have found it any better than the Kamor case. I am very pleased with my purchase, so "thank you" Kamor!

Mini Piano ®
Mini Piano ®

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Mini Piano ® (App)
I have just got this free app and it immediately appeared on my Kindle Fire HDX. I used to play the trombone and found I could "play" the trombone with this app - without disturbing the neighbours! It is quite a realistic sound and you can't imagine how pleased I was to be back 50 years "playing" the trombone! I don't know what it would be like for a piano player, who plays many notes at the same time, but the trombone only plays one note at a time anyway so it is brilliant as far as I am concerned. Thank you so much for this free app, which will give me a lot of pleasure.

The Forgotten Garden
The Forgotten Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 31 Mar. 2014
I enjoyed reading this book from beginning to end. I would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone who enjoys a good long read with mystery and just the right amount of romance. I will certainly read more books by Kate Morton.

Lord of the Abbey (Lords of Avalon Book 1)
Lord of the Abbey (Lords of Avalon Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Mar. 2014
Sorry to see a good story ruined with filthy language and content and more importantly, inventing a totally misleading history of the Lord Jesus.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2016 5:43 PM GMT

Samsung UE32F4510 32-inch Series 4 Smart HD LED  Widescreen Television (discontinued by manufacturer)
Samsung UE32F4510 32-inch Series 4 Smart HD LED Widescreen Television (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars great tv!, 23 Mar. 2014
As I would expect from Samsung, this is a really good buy! As it is in white it goes very well in my bedroom and at the price was not a lot more than a small smart TV bought earlier. Very good value!

The Great Interior Design Challenge - Decorate your home with style
The Great Interior Design Challenge - Decorate your home with style
by Katherine Sorrell

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 17 Feb. 2014
The diy instructions are good, but why are the names of the contestants not mentioned in the articles about their own creative transformations of the rooms? I would have liked to have been reminded of who did each of the rooms - and some of my favourite rooms are not there, even though they were featured near the end of the challenge.

Lakeland 1.5 Litre Brushed Chrome Electric Slow Cooker
Lakeland 1.5 Litre Brushed Chrome Electric Slow Cooker
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job!, 17 Feb. 2014
This is a great little cooker, which I mainly use for stews as it is very easy to use cheaper cuts of meat, diced, with chopped onions and other thinly sliced vegetables and let them cook all day on low. Nice not to have to start preparing a meal in the evening. The cooker also makes lovely rice pudding. This model looks nice and doesn't take up much room on my kitchen counter.

Page: 1 | 2