Profile for Mr. M. J. Gamble > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. J. Gamble

Mr. M. J. Gamble "MotherGoose" (Sussex England)

Basic Algebra and Geometry (International Mathematics Series)
Basic Algebra and Geometry (International Mathematics Series)
by A. E. Hirst

5.0 out of 5 stars Algebra..Yes! But Geometry..?, 9 Oct 2011
When I was at school - at least x nth. years ago, we had a Geometry Text Book, a Maths Text Book and an Algebra Text Book. I was used to this formula. In buying this book I was looking for Pythagorian Proofs. You know the one that goes 'The Square on the Hypotenuse is equal to the sum on the opposite two sides... But Pythagoras (poor chap) isn't even mentioned in the Index. Now my son (13yrs) tells me Pythagoras is part of the 'Advanced Curriculum'. Back to the drawing board-cum-Google and try again. BUT this book IS full of the most interesting mathematical hypotheses and, 'Basic' or not I'm going to plunge in and come to grips with those old saws 'Simultaneous Equations' But WOW!. A good text book for co-ordinate Geometry, Vectors, Matrices and Lagranges' Theorem - but not for poor old Pythagoras! I only wish there had been a 'Look Inside..'
feature.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0130866229/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title

V Reg +6.0v, 7806, To-220-3
V Reg +6.0v, 7806, To-220-3
Offered by Thinkprice

3.0 out of 5 stars Following Acer Battery instructions..., 26 July 2011
I have followed implicitely the instructions which came with the battery to my Acer9301AWSMI. This is the big machine with the 17" screen. The battery doesn't last as long as the readout suggests. Note now - there are TWO rechargeable batteries available for this machine and this is the smaller of the two. It could be I should have pushed the boat out a bit more and got the larger SIX cell instead of this five cell unit. This is my second new battery in six months - which is why I was very particular about following the enclosed instructions. I assume the English translation from the printed Chinese(?) is accurate. Has anyone else had this experience?

Chamber Music Repertoire for Amateur Players: A Guide to Choosing Works Matching Players' Abilities
by Harold George Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars How to choose your repertoir, 19 July 2011
As a piano trio of varying degrees of ability we were able to choose pieces which, though slightly above our level, we could enjoy. We were able to download the parts of many free of charge from MSLP (Petrucci Music Library) This wonderful little all-embracing booklet is a 'must' for any aspiring group of classical musicians.

XLR plug, 3-pin, set of 2, Red (Product Code: 53059 P762.023)
XLR plug, 3-pin, set of 2, Red (Product Code: 53059 P762.023)

5.0 out of 5 stars These XLR male connectors, 16 Jun 2011
THese XLR male in-line connectors are ruggedly constructed and straight-forward to fit. They feel firm in use and hold the microphone cable rigidly. For me the red identifying back shell ideally matched up with the black of the two other microphones.

Five Little Kittens (Rhyming Stories)
Five Little Kittens (Rhyming Stories)
by A.J. Macgregor

5.0 out of 5 stars They only meant to be helpful...!, 8 Feb 2011
Five Little Kittens - is really a most entertaining story, beautifully crafted in rhyme. It is timeless and gets the 'message' across to little ones. It is also full of memorable catch phrases like: 'I will wash the pots I think' when the kittens were setting to cleaning up the house while mummy was out shopping. My own children can recite much of this tale even 30+ years later. I heartily recommend it to anyone seeking a simple, entertaining short story.

Bergerac: Series 8 [DVD]
Bergerac: Series 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Nettles
Offered by Helgy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bergerac Series, 9 Jan 2010
This review is from: Bergerac: Series 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Alas, this is a series which comes to an end with No.9. - so I only have one series to go. Hugely enjoyable, no violence and no sexual connotations worth talking about so safe for general viewing. The views around the Jersey Island are stunning, though as the series goes on the producers have unfortunately tended to bring in the UK mainland more. Though it doesn't hold a candle to 'Morse' it does have a niche in its own right as being more 'laid back'Bergerac: Series 8 [DVD] [1989]

Bambi [Disney 1942] [VHS]
Bambi [Disney 1942] [VHS]
VHS
Offered by shannon-raven

5.0 out of 5 stars A Major Junior Tear-jerker, 28 July 2003
I saw this movie when it was first released. There's no doubt it visits the interaction between members of the family circle extremely well. Bambi, a fawn, is seen through his life-cycle from baby to full adult and through the major traumas he experiences - including the loss of his father in the forest fire. Here the magic of Disney is seen at its best. I can thoroughly recommend this movie. Better than Dumbo (in my opinion) but then Dumbo fans will surely disagree. You'll really like the music - you probably already know some of it without realising its source.However DO see this one. My VHS copy is now worn out and I'm waiting anxiously for the DVD to hit the shelves.

Diggers & Dumpers [DVD]
Diggers & Dumpers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Children

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Diggers and Dumpers!!!, 15 May 2003
This review is from: Diggers & Dumpers [DVD] (DVD)
My son Maxim has played the VHS so often over the last two years - yes, he was three when I bought it - we decided to go for the DVD edition. We feel the producers could have used the facilities of DVD format to better effect though and were disappointed they had not! I had hoped it to be "interactive". There is no doubt, though, that the subject matter is very appealing indeed to boys of an inquisitive nature and when a new title about "Fire Engines" came on the market we bought that too.
On this Fireman video the same tunes are used, the message "Fire Is Dangerous" is put over very well - but"Diggers and Dumpers" is the best. This is a format that could well do with amplification. More subjects - Transport of all types, Very Heavy Vehicles would well suit. If you're still undecided.... get it!