Profile for Mr. S. A. Bradford > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. A. Bradford

Mr. S. A. Bradford "avid reader" (West Sussex, U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Connected Essentials CEA40 Flashing Telephone Ringer Amplifier
Connected Essentials CEA40 Flashing Telephone Ringer Amplifier

5.0 out of 5 stars Very loud!, 31 Jan. 2014
I bought this item as my wife was finding it more and more difficult to contact her mother on the phone. Mother-in-law is very deaf and not hear the bell ringing. As she lives 70 miles away this is worrying when there is no answer. This ringer amplifier is very loud but also has a flashing light and can be fixed to the wall, skirting board etc.. It requires no mains power, simply connect between the phone and the BT socket. I have placed it near the TV so she can see the light flashing when see is watching her favourite programmes.

TP-LINK TL-PA411 AV500 Powerline Adapter - Single Pack
TP-LINK TL-PA411 AV500 Powerline Adapter - Single Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars quick set-up, 31 Jan. 2014
I purchased this product to add to an existing powerline network I had for my PC. This item is used to connect a smart TV to my BT home hub. It was simplicity itself to set up and works perfectly. It is also smaller and neater than my existing powerline adapters. The LEDs are not so bright which makes it less noticeable when plugged in, particularly useful when (as mine is) used in the Lounge.

Chickens: The Essential Guide to Choosing and Keeping Happy, Healthy Hens. Foreword by Joely Richardson
by Suzie Baldwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Chickens!, 14 Aug. 2013
I bought this book for a friend who has recently started keeping chickens (only 4 to start with). He was very pleased and told me that he picked up a lot of good tips about looking after his new feathered friends. Would recommend this book especially for a someone looking after chickens at home for the 1st time.

Hozelock Ultra Flex Hose, 30 m
Hozelock Ultra Flex Hose, 30 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 26 May 2013
Bought this as a replacement for an older hose that had gone a bit hard with use. Very pleased with quality and price.

Devolo dLAN 500 AVmini (IEEE 1901/ HPlug AV) Starter Kit - (2x plugs)
Devolo dLAN 500 AVmini (IEEE 1901/ HPlug AV) Starter Kit - (2x plugs)

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time!, 26 May 2013
I bought these Devolo Ethernet over Mains adaptors as since switching to BT Infinity I could not directly connect my PC to the Home Hub using Ethernet cabling. I carefully researched the feedback on Amazon and purchased these in preference to other makes although more expensive. I spent a whole afternoon attempting to get them to work without success. There is very little instruction in the pack as to how to set them up or what the various LED signals mean.The next day I phoned the Devolo helpdesk and explained the what was happening when I plugged the AVmini's in. They said that, from the situation that I described, both plugs were faulty! I sent them back to Amazon (who incidentally were excellent in their handling of the return & refund) and ordered a pair of TP-Link PA411s instead. They were simplicity itself to set up and also came with very clear and comprehensive instructions. Not only that but over £15 cheaper!

TP-LINK TL-PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy set-up, 26 May 2013
I recently changed my Broadband to BT Infinity as since my wife got a Kindle Fire for Christmas we have been exceeding our Broadband download limit of 10 Gig. We use one of our bedrooms as an Office/Study at the rear of the house and the main BT point (where the Infinity Modem is situated) is in the Lounge at the front of the house - about as far apart as is possible! I tried Wi-Fi but was getting only 9 to 10 Meg on download. It would be very difficult to hard wire an Ethernet cable between the 2 points so after surfing the net for a solution I came across these Powerline Adaptors. These are a replacement for a Devolo product that did not work (and which I spent a whole afternoon trying to set up). These are simplicity itself to set up and worked straight out of the box. Not only that but they are quite a bit cheaper than the Devolo product. I am now getting 38 Meg on download. Would recommend this product to anyone in the same situation as myself. Incidentally, Amazon were fantastic in handling the return (and refund) of the faulty Devolo product and I cannot praise them enough.

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars simplicity to set up, 15 Jan. 2013
I purchased this wirless keyboard and mose to replace a previous one that had started to 'play up'. Very pleased with the quality and ease of set up. Unlike the previous model which required a receiver on the top of my desk, this model has a USB 'dongle' that simply fits into a USB socket on the back of my PC. Very pleased with this product.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 15 Jan. 2013
Good quality product at a very reasonable price.Would recommend especially if you find tying a tie knot a chore first thing in the morning!

Underground: How the Tube Shaped London
Underground: How the Tube Shaped London
by David Bownes

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent momento of Tube 150, 15 Jan. 2013
I decided to treat myself to this book for Christmas as the Tube 150 celebrations were coming up in early 2013. I was not disappointed. The quality of the book is excellent and is very well written with plenty of photos/maps etc. Several of the photos I had not seen before so the authors (there are 3) had done their research well. Would recommend to anyone interested in the history of the London Underground.

The Polar Express [2004] [DVD]
The Polar Express [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas cracker, 15 Jan. 2013
This is an excellent Christmas film for all the family. It has a real 'feel good' factor without being mushy or over sentimental. I have seen it on TV before but the DVD is the full length version and included several scenes I had not seen before. Kept the kids quiet for an hour or so before Christmas!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3