Profile for John Swarzwelder > Reviews

John Swarzwelder "JS"

The Simpsons - Season 9 [DVD]
The Simpsons - Season 9 [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 9, 16 Sept. 2007
This season is interesting because to me it seemed to change into a more "sitcomy" style as if there were meant to be a laugh track on it. However that's a minor thought, there are so many great episodes in this season and also some under-rated episodes and also some not quite up to standard episodes (Kind of like every other season) here are my favourites from this season:

1. The Cartridge Family
7. Dumbell Indemnity
8. The Joy Of Sect
9. Lost Our Lisa
10. Miracle On Evergreen Terrace

Even though this season is great I must say "Principle And The Pauper" is one of the stupidest episodes of the Simpsons' history. If you listen to the commentery you'll hear Ken Keeler (the writer) saying that this is the best episode of television he ever wrote, after hearing that I insist you watch any Futurama episode he's written eg. Godfellas (season 3) and see if you agree with him

The Simpsons - Season 8 [DVD]
The Simpsons - Season 8 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 8, 16 Sept. 2007
This has got to be their best season. There's just so many amzing episodes, most noteably "Homer's Enemy" where seemingly a person from the real world comes into contact with Homer, this episode defines this season for me and is my favourite episode of all time. There are other great episodes here too like "Hurricane Neddy", A Milhouse Divided" and "Mountain Of Madness".
People think of this as the "end of the golden years" but I strongly disagree

The Simpsons - Season 7 [DVD]
The Simpsons - Season 7 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 7, 16 Sept. 2007
Just a great batch of Simpsons genious. Once again there's not point reviewing them all because they're all great in some shape or form so here are my favourites:

1. A Fish Caled Selma

The Simpsons - Season 6  [DVD]
The Simpsons - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Simpsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 6, 16 Sept. 2007
This season is in my opinion the perfect Simpsons season, and by that I mean amazing jokes, brilliant animation and guest atars not playing themselves. Every episode is 5/5 for me, there's not a dud in the bunch in my eyes but here are my favourites:

1. Homie The Clown
2. Homer The Great
3. Lemon Of Troy
4. And Maggie Makes Three
5. Homer Bad Man (even more true now than when it first aired)
6. THOH 5
7. Bart's Comet
8. The PTA Disbands
9. Bart Of Darkness
10. Bart's Girlfriend

The Simpsons - Season 5 [DVD] [1990]
The Simpsons - Season 5 [DVD] [1990]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsns Season 5, 16 Sept. 2007
This season of the Simpsons is definately one of their best. Some of my all time favourites are in this series including: "Rosebud", "Bart Gets Famous", "Homer The Vigilante" and THOH 4. This season also has some of my favourite Simpsons quotes including "Don't worry I've been working on plan. During the exam I'll hide under some coats and hope that somehow everything will out" and also "Son, when you particapate in sporting events it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get"

The Simpsons: Complete Season 4 [DVD]
The Simpsons: Complete Season 4 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 4, 16 Sept. 2007
Many people consider this to be the best season ever. I consider this to be te season were things ot silly, that's not to say I don't like this season (see rating) there are so many episodes here that I'd be quite happy to see on number one of top Simpsons episodes, this season also saw Homer (instead of Bart) being the centre of more episodes. Here are my favourites from this series:

1. Marge vs The Monorail
10. I Love Lisa

The Simpsons: Complete Season 3 [DVD]
The Simpsons: Complete Season 3 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 3, 16 Sept. 2007
This in my opinion is the start of the "golden years". The Simpsons' 3rd series brought even better animation, more layered, funnier storylines and is also where the voices became what we know them as now.

Stark Raving Dad: Really funny episode. The scene where Homer is in group therapy is priceless. Michael Jackson was also very good, the song he sings with Bart is very sweet 4/5

Mr Lisa Goes To Washington: An episode that's till as relevant today as it was when it was made 4/5

When Flanders Failed: Good episode. The noise Bart makes when he does his "death grip" or whatever is really funny 3/5

Bart The Murderer: One of the very best early episodes. Joe Mantenga as Fat Tony is so funny 5/5

Homer Defined: Good episode, shame "pulling a Homer" didn't catch on lol 3/5

Like father, like clown: I not sure how I feel about this episode. On the one hand it was quite funny and sweet but on the other it was kind of plodding along to an inevitable ending 3/5

THOH 2: This one is pretty funny, Bart having those special powers is my favourite 4/5

Lisa's Pony: Great episode. Homer falling asleep in the car is classic moment 4/5

Satudays Of Thunder: Great episode: I love the entire first act where Bart's asking where all the tools are 4/5

Flaming Moes: Best of the season. I love Moe and the whole "Cheers" parody was hilarious, also Aerosmith were funny "Mrs. Krabapple, I really need my drumsticks" 5/5

Burns Verkaufen Der Kraftwerk: Very funny episode: "ooooh help Smithers the Germans are mad at me" 4/5

I Married Marge: Another flashback show. This one is one of the best I love Bart as a toddler 4/5

Radio Bart: Good episode: The song for Timmy O' Toole is really funny and Sting is great in this too 4/5

Lisa The Greek: One of my favourites 5/5

Homer Alone: Another great episode. just great from start to finish 5/5

Separate Vocations: One of my all time favourites. Love every minute of it 5/5

Dog Of Death: This is pretty good. The whole thing with the lottery is hilarious, Homer fantasy of being giant and made of gold is so great 4/5

Colonel Homer: Fantastic episode. Homer annoying everyone in the movie theatre makes me laugh just thinking about it and the show that Lurleen sings on is so funny. Also a very sweet episode 5/5

Black Widower: I love Sideshow Bob. This is a good one 4/5

The Otto Show: Great episode. The first act with Spinal Tap is very funny and the rest of the episode with Otto is hilarious 4/5

Bart's Friend Falls In Love: I like this one but it is quite wierd to see Milhouse being successful in anything. Also the Sex Ed film the kids watch is a classic Simpsons moment 4/5

Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes: Great episode. Mr Burns making up a phony award is very funny and the baby translater is also great 4/5

The Simpsons: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
The Simpsons: Complete Season 1 [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 1 - Amazing, 16 Sept. 2007
This is a gr8 season, I know the voices sound different and the animation's very primitive by todays standards but there are a lot of great episodes here. Particularly "Life In The Fast Lane", "Call Of The Simpsons", "Moaning Lisa"