Profile for paulam > Reviews

Content by paulam

paulam

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - Premium Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Long Touch Stylus Pen + Mini Touch Stylus Pen + Screen Protector & Polishing Cloth (Wallet HotPink)
Offered by GB Online Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little case, 8 May 2014
Wasnt sure what I was expecting but when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The case is perfect. The last one I had was a flip case and I had to keep taking my phone out to plug in my headphones which was why the inner casing cracked. This one, however, is perfect, the headphones can be plugged in without removing from the case and it still fits comfortably in my pocket. Would definitely recommend.

Live While We're Young
Live While We're Young
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars One Happy Little Girl, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Live While We're Young (Audio CD)
Thought my daughter was going to burst with excitement. Danced her little legs off! Bought with other CDs - worth every penny.

Story of My Life
Story of My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars One Happy Little Girl, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Story of My Life (Audio CD)
Daughter was ecstatic with this cd - danced round the room singing at the top of her voice - happy days!!!!!

Tamagotchi Friends - Blue Gem
Tamagotchi Friends - Blue Gem

2.0 out of 5 stars Tamagotchi ? - Tamaripoff, 8 May 2014
Please, can someone explain to me what the attraction is with this, in my opinion, complete waste of money! How my daughter doesnt suffer with eye strain and headaches after playing on it is beyond me and quite frankly a miracle.

The basic prinicple is quite fun; you hatch an egg, it gives you its name, weight and sex which is quite cute. The different activities on it; playing in the park, shopping for food, playing games, feeding it, cleaning up after it when it goes to the toilet (eeww) all designed to capture the imagination. The let down is the graphics. Its on a ridiculously small screen and is so faint - even with the contract adjusted. The advertisement shows a clear picture but it is nowhere near this clear when you are playing on it. I am at a loss to understand how, considering how advanced technology is - paper thin mac books, mobiles to fit in your palm, the manufacturers get away with selling this product with a screen and graphics that look like theyve come from the 70s and how they can possibly justify £25 for it is staggering! I got ours on Amazon for £15 and I still feel we were ripped off. Im saying "we". My daughter bought it with her birthday money. Her birthday was in January and she still had some money over but she said she wanted to spend it on something "special". Ha! The one and only reason it didnt go straight back is that my daughter loves it. If she hasnt played with it for a while and it starts beeping for her attention she is practically giddy! I just dont get it! Weve been through some fads before but this one takes the absolute biscuit.

I have to be honest and say, now Ive read this review, I feel bad because I dont normally complain about things, but I feel I have to be honest about this product. Maybe if I was a kid I could understand the fascination and at the end of the day, as long as my daughter is happy, thats all that matters.

Spy Net Ultra Vision Goggles
Spy Net Ultra Vision Goggles

4.0 out of 5 stars Spy Goggles, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Spy Net Ultra Vision Goggles (Toy)
Jakks Pacific Spy Net Ultra Vision GogglesMy son couldnt wait for these to arrive having bought them with his christmas money. When they came I have to say I was a little disappointed with how they looked - quite cheap and as though none of the buttons would actually work. But, even so, my son was ecstatic. Everything described in the instruction book the goggles did - you have two modes of vision - both of which work very well. Only one of the infra red lights at the front of the goggles light up; I thought this was a fault, but my son told me that that was how they were supposed to be. Hes already been out in the garden watching all the little creatures in the garden - he loves them and in his words "....they look cool!!" How can I argue with that? I think Im looking at them from a parents perspective instead of the intended recipient - a 10 year old boy! From my son's point of view they are fab and do exactly what he wants them to do so that is good enough for me. As for durability I couldnt hazard a guess as he has only had them a couple of days - time will tell.

Limit Boys Round Black Plastic Digital Watch 5391.56 With Black Bezel And Red/White Markers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 11 Dec 2013
Love this watch. Perfect size for my 10 year old son. Clear face and easy to change time etc.

Love the stand the watch is in as its a racing car seat and the seat belt keeps it in place - its fab. Cant wait for my son to see it on christmas day. Well worth the money. Obviously dont know how sturdy it is as its not been used yet but it seems fine.

Pure... '80S Soul Grooves
Pure... '80S Soul Grooves

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 Nov 2013
Theres four CDs in this case and I think I could confidently put all the really good songs on one CD with some room to spare. I know, and have experienced in the past, that when you get a multiple CD collection its always the case that some of the songs are not very good - but this has to be one of the worst. The better songs were very clearly scattered through the discs and in the end I just gave up listening to it - its now in the charity bag.

Of course, this is just my opinion of the CD and Im sure a lot of people have bought and liked it but it wasnt for me.

Ugglys Electronic Pet (colours may vary)
Ugglys Electronic Pet (colours may vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good toy, 7 Nov 2013
This is so funny - I couldnt stop playing with it when I got it. Its for my son for christmas and I cant wait for him to see it. Its so funny, the noises are really loud and its actually bigger than I thought it was going to be. Great christmas gift.

Baby Doll Magic Feeding Bottles
Baby Doll Magic Feeding Bottles
Offered by Nicolas Nursery World

3.0 out of 5 stars Baby Doll Bottles, 7 Nov 2013
The bottles are a good size but when you have tipped them up to empty them, and then turn them upright again its more bubbles than milk. Also the milk disappears within a couple of seconds even if you tip the bottles slightly. But overall, I think from my girls' point of view they will be pleased with them. Theyre only for their dolls after all.

Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate
Classic Kaleidoscope - Tinplate
Offered by Otherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Kaleidoscope, 6 Nov 2013
I wanted a kaleidoscope for each of my girls and have looked around the shops for one. They are either made of cardboard or plastic and very flimsy in design. When these arrived and I opened them, I was immediately transported back to my own childhood. I had one almost identical to these!! The colours in it are amazing. The end piece turns very easily. They are exactly the right size for little hands to hold. The tin is very durable and can handle being dropped and knocked about (as can happen). I cant wait to give them to my girls for christmas. (Im sure mine was even the same colour!). Great product.

Page: 1 | 2