Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Kindle Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Upholding Law and Disorder: Police Tales from the Front Line
Upholding Law and Disorder: Police Tales from the Front Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny. Wonderful word use and flows wonderfully through the ..., 26 Aug. 2014
Very funny. Wonderful word use and flows wonderfully through the tales. Believable and straight to the point. Very similar to other books of this genre from other acting police officers, but this is a good one, worth the read and good value for money! I am still left wondering though about the day he left his trousers somewhere else.....(read the covenant of the cake, something all professions should adopt!)

Crappy Christmas - Crap Trumps
Crappy Christmas - Crap Trumps
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars a secret santa must, 16 Dec. 2013
great idea for a secret santa, better than the blow up priest i was thinking of, but then as this is for a lay clergywoman,,,,, maybe crap xmas is better. :-)

Vet on Call: My First Year as an Out-of-Hours Vet
Vet on Call: My First Year as an Out-of-Hours Vet

5.0 out of 5 stars james herriot?, 4 Nov. 2013
I bought this hoping it would be like Harriot and it was! Well told and showing a deep love and respect for animals, this book tells the tales of many wagging tails in one seaside town. At some points you are laughing at him because he's only young and he's gonna have to learn how to use sun block, but then on other occasions it is clear that here is a man who knows his stuff. Well done and I really hope you get a second done soon!

Hospital Babylon
Hospital Babylon

5.0 out of 5 stars laughed till it hurt, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Hospital Babylon (Kindle Edition)
it's a collection of stories and memories from around the NHS but it still feels like the view of one person. What it does, just as the airline and hotel before it, is put together the full range of stupidty and silliness that people perform on a daily basis. If you like the memoirs of real life docs and paramedics, you will love this.

Bad Science
Bad Science

5.0 out of 5 stars brain gym, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Bad Science (Kindle Edition)
All I can say is brain gym. I am a teacher. I knew it was mostly rubbish then and now!!!! I read this book with my jaw open and found myself getting annoyed at the increasing boldness of the modern 'emperors new clothes'. Read this and then ask why this man is not fronting Watchdog. or Crimewatch for that matter.

Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain
Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating., 4 Nov. 2013
Loved reading this and I bought it because it looked like it was going to be a bit off the wall. I ended up goggling the author and his father and being drawn into the pain he felt with his father's illness. Well written and easily a book that you cant put down.

Memoirs of a Fruitcake
Memoirs of a Fruitcake

5.0 out of 5 stars well done!, 4 Nov. 2013
Fab read. Very honest...almost painfully so. It lets you know what was going on behind the scenes whilst he was making the news! Well worth the read!

It's Not What You Think
It's Not What You Think

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Chris...., 4 Nov. 2013
Loved this book. Well written. Very personal. He lets you see his dirty laundry and understand what drove his demons when he was younger. I listen to him in the mornings now and understand him so much better.....I think. Worth the time to read!

All Balls and Glitter: My Life
All Balls and Glitter: My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars I had no idea!, 4 Nov. 2013
I had no idea about the life of this man! He tells it warts and all. In one fell swoop I have far more of an understanding now about the man who seems allergic to the 10 marks paddle on the show. He's had an utterly fascinating life so far and I can't wait to see what he gets up to next! His honestly is refreshing and makes this a more personal book to read.

The Real 'Dad's Army': The War Diaries of Col. Rodney Foster
The Real 'Dad's Army': The War Diaries of Col. Rodney Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Nov. 2013
this is a strange book to review. It's a diary. It has the most mundane items of everyday life such as the weather and yet such quality of information concerning the war. There is a dryness to his sense of humour and by the end I wanted to know so much more! I wanted to know about the diary extracts that were not in the book, no matter how mundane! This is a fabulous book. As a history teacher I will be referring to sections to bring alive the reality of life at home in the war, and about what happened to the houses left behind!

Page: 1 | 2