Profile for Fred > Reviews

Fred

Love and Marriage
Love and Marriage
by Bill Cosby

5.0 out of 5 stars He taught me everything I know about relationships., 8 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Love and Marriage (Hardcover)
10/10, gave me the perfect place to high my quaaludes.

Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano
Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 24 July 2015
Useless compared to my old dongle. Half the time, I would have to re-start the computer to be able to connect to a network at all. When my house got a new Wifi network, it stopped working entirely. Would not recommend.

Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder
Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder
by Michael Savage

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I have ever read!!, 14 Aug. 2012
This book is absolutely brilliant! I have not laughed so hard in ages. From start to finish, it was packed with non-stop hilarity.

The book is set in a truly imaginative world, where politics and logic have been twisted out of all proportion to allow for the content of the narrative. This may sound confusing, but as a matter of fact, it gives us real insight into the author's mind, letting us understand the stupid ideas and contradictions they had to work hard on to build such a great story. The aforementioned narrative itself is a grippingly well-written conspiracy theory about a liberal plan to destroy the world. This may sound ridiculous, but that's the very point! It asks us to let go of the reality we know and, by immersing ourselves, see the wonder of this new, crazy world laugh at the humorous and impossible paradoxes it throws up. It was a great read and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sadly, Amazon length constraints prevent me from showing my full review, but I've done it here, and it allows me to express my full feelings on this masterpiece. [...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2012 10:30 PM BST

Liberty in the Age of Terror: A Defence of Civil Society and Enlightenment Values
by A. C. Grayling

3.0 out of 5 stars Not terrible, but the title is very misleading., 10 July 2012
I picked this book up after being told that it would be an interesting insight into looking at the balance between current law in the war on terror and the need for civil liberties in our society. However, as I read through, it seemed to be the case that this was more about Grayling promoting his strong liberal ideology in relation to current legislation. Such a motive for writing this book became obvious when I researched Grayling to find him specializing in philosophy rather than law. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it does mean this book may not be what you were originally looking for.

In terms of its actual merits, the book itself isn't too bad. Grayling's actual material is interesting, but it feels a little unrefined at times and in need of a little more editing. Grayling covers very interesting ideas about philosophy and social structures, he often ends up repeating himself or using overly dense and complex legal language. The overall result is a somewhat disorientating pacing that can make it difficult to read at times, but it's still not impossible.

Overall, if you're interested in a liberal viewpoint towards modern society, rather than the examination of current law promised, this will be a hard, but rewarding, read. For those expecting what was promised on the cover, however, it will be somewhat dissapointing.

Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Duke Nukem (MP3 Download)
Damn, that's good. Highly recommended to anyone who played the old Duke Nukem or even anyone who just likes a good piece of fast-paced metal.

Portal 2 (Xbox 360)
Portal 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Online Entertainment Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Portal 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is, without doubt or hyperbole, the best game of 2011. Great fun, brilliant story and dialogue and mind-blowing scope. If you say you don't like this, you are actually WRONG. There is absolutely NOTHING you could dislike about this. And if you think so, fix pull the bycicle pump out of your head before contacting me because you're clearly thicker than a yard of lard.