Profile for kat sknom > Reviews

Content by kat sknom

kat sknom (Lancs, UK)

Redemption: Chosen #4 (The Chosen)
Redemption: Chosen #4 (The Chosen)

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent but bad language distracting, 4 Jun 2014
I loved this quadrilogy and read all 4 books in less than a week. I really wanted to know what happened and to continue on. Unfortunately I found the bad language very distracting and wished it wasn't there. It certainly didn't make it more "real" to me. The parts where jake was telling his story were heart wrenching; I cried many times for him. Very well written and intriguing but the language spoiled it for me.

How To Lose 10 Pounds In A Week - The Ultimate 7 Day Weight Loss Kick Start
How To Lose 10 Pounds In A Week - The Ultimate 7 Day Weight Loss Kick Start

4.0 out of 5 stars some good tips, 6 April 2014
I was hoping for more ideas of what specifically to eat, but all in all it was a great, comprehensive read. There were some good tips in here recounted in short, concise chapters. A good start for anyone embarking on a weight-loss journey.

Kiss My Name
Kiss My Name

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kiss My Name (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the story and especially the references to places that I know! There was some swearing and sexual references which I don't like to read. But overall the story was amusing and well thought out.

Christmas Decorations to Cut, Fold & Stick (Usborne Activities) (Decorations to Make)
by Fiona Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 28 Dec 2012
This book has some lovely ideas of decorations to make and includes all the papers you need to make the decorations. They have scissor and fold marks to make the instructions easier to follow. Some of them were tricky for my children to do completely on their own, but once I showed them one time, they were then able to do them on their own. I was proud to have these decorations up in my home this Christmas!

Summerhouse
Summerhouse
by Jude Deveraux
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 18 Jun 2010
This was a book I read for our book club, suggested by another member and I had not heard of it before. I was ill the day it arrived so I began the book and immediately got so into it that I only stopped to make dinner for the children, then carried on reading it until I had finished! It was a great read and I really enjoyed it. The story was interesting and different, if not a little far-fetched in places, though, as it is a book, it is allowed to be! I liked the characters very much and the style of writing. I did not want to put it down and was disappointed to finish it. Our whole book club thoroughly enjoyed this read and we would recommend it to anyone.