Profile for Mr. C. I. Dean > Reviews

No Pryor Restraint: Life in Concert
No Pryor Restraint: Life in Concert
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A GENIUS AT WORK, 2 Jun 2014
A superb collection of stories from the legend that is Richard Pryor!

I bought this set recently and laughed my ass off on the trips into work - started my day off fantastic!!!

Lots of love put into this set - some of the stuff I have heard before but it is just so lovely to hear his voice again and this set will be something I will always treasure.

A must buy for any fan young or old. I do not have any of the previous collections (yet) but this is very enjoyable!!

Sexy Beast [Blu-ray]
Sexy Beast [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone

3.0 out of 5 stars Great film, blu-ray case damaged, 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: Sexy Beast [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The package arrived and I received several blu rays that were in perfect condition although the case for Sexy Beast looked like it had been bitten by a dog. This is the first time I have experienced this and doubt that the company packaged this knowing that so assume that maybe customs got involved somewhere. Anyway, great great movie - Winstone and Kingsley on Top form!!!!!

Trainspotting: Ultimate Collector's Edition [Blu-ray] [1996]
Trainspotting: Ultimate Collector's Edition [Blu-ray] [1996]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blu Ray, 26 Oct 2010
Enough has been written about Trainspotting - we all know how fantastic the film is but I was intrigued to see what extras are on the Blu-Ray disc.

Just watching the stars of the film looking back at their memories was really interesting and there are several other interesting extras on this disc.

It was nice to learn that Ewan Bremner originally starred as Renton in the original play but was moved aside to play Spud in the film, and you can see how gutted he was with this decision, but he put in a brilliant performance with Spud and may have even stolen the show.

Why can't more retrospective efforts be put on to the Blu-Rays - some new releases don't even have the extras that were on the DVD. Just studios being money grabbers again bringing out several collector's editions of films who then moan about people buying pirate copies - I consider them as bad as each other!

Anyway, enjoy a fine blu ray disc!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2013 1:08 PM BST

American Gangster [Blu-ray] [2007] [Region Free]
American Gangster [Blu-ray] [2007] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Russell Crowe
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars All round quality! Denzel and Russell on fine form!, 15 Jun 2010
How on earth was this film overlooked by the awards panels? I am at a loss to understand this. Great acting, magnificent direction and a fascinating story all points to major awards success but why did it not get the acclaim it deserved? I loved every minute of this and is right up there with other gangster films - it just oozes quality from the outset. Denzel and Russell are perfectly cast, the support is fantastic and even has a great soundtrack!

To top all of that, the Blu Ray has hours of extras and it is really interesting to see the background story and just how well researched it all was. Probably my favourite film from Ridley Scott - excellent in every way! Enjoy!

Man On Wire [Blu-ray] [2007]
Man On Wire [Blu-ray] [2007]
Dvd ~ James Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 15 Jun 2010
Not many people are aware of this event that happened back in the early days of the WTC. It really is a great story and the characters are very interesting and clearly have a great affinity for what happened that day. To see those towers again after 9/11 really shows just how amazing a feat this was. I strongly recommend this as essential viewing and have loved watching it again and again.

Extras are fairly light but the amazing story is why you would purchase this....enjoy!

Stress
Stress

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 24 Mar 2009
This review is from: Stress (Audio CD)
These guys used to go to my school and I was at first drawn to their music because of this. They were actually fairly successful in the US without really hitting the big time over here. They did manage to support Lenny Kravitz on one of his European tours but after agreeing another album with Warner, some internal arguments prevented them from releasing it. What might have been??? This album was produced by Guy Chambers who went on to produce all the good stuff ever released by none other than Robbie Williams!! I have just listened to the whole album after many years and is still as good as the first time. A rare gem of an album at a knock down price...go buy it!!!!