Profile for Alison Towers > Reviews

Content by Alison Towers

Alison Towers
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Orthopaedics and Rheumatology on the Move (MOTM)
Orthopaedics and Rheumatology on the Move (MOTM)
by Terence McLoughlin
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly laid out, 7 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Extremely well laid out and well written handbook covering orthopaedics and rheumatology. Wanted something that would enable me to understand the nature of my condition and be able to fully understand what the advice was being giving so I could make clear and informed decisions. Obviously an entire field of medicine cannot be covered in depth in one handbook, for me this was an introduction vocabulary and general principles, and it certainly acted as a springboard that aided in being able to cope with the details of conversations and ask far better questions.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Overnight Foot Mask 60 ml
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Overnight Foot Mask 60 ml
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cream, 4 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used this three nights in a row, and put the cream on quite generously late at night. I've noticed that my feet are noticeably softer and the hard ridges on my heels particularly have softened, so it does work but not quite as dramatically as maybe I'd expected, but possibly I was a bit over optimistic. I'm not sure how this is that much better than a good quality body cream, but I have noticed sufficient softening of hard patches on the balls of my feet and heels that I would probably seriously consider buying this again.

Tacwise Z1-140 Staple Gun. Staple Gun Tacker
Tacwise Z1-140 Staple Gun. Staple Gun Tacker
Price: 11.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool to have around, 2 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have only used this once so far to staple the upholstery that had come loose on an armchair, and it was perfect for the job. It is lightweight and very easy to use, and easy to direct at the area you wish to staple. An ideal addition to the kitchen toolbox for those jobs that were otherwise a real conundrum in the past without getting in an expert or finding someone with the right equipment or skills. I'm actually delighted with it. Recommended, highly.

Sistema Porridge Bowl
Sistema Porridge Bowl
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bowl, 2 April 2014
Pretty much identical to another bowl I have in this range, but with a handle. A great buy and a very useful bowl to have for soups, left overs, rice, noodles and desserts. Quick to heat the contents, and lightweight but very sturdy. A great bowl to have around.

Cura-heat Air Active heat arthritis knee 4
Cura-heat Air Active heat arthritis knee 4
Offered by Chemist Counter Direct
Price: 5.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but tight on swollen knees, 2 April 2014
These are a great relief for aching knees, but if your knees are badly swollen they can be tight especially at the back where they scrunch up and then dig into right into your leg. A couple of different sizes would be welcome. Otherwise, they provide a lovely soothing warmth that alleviates the aches and pains.

Sistema 915 ml 1-Piece Microwave Bowl
Sistema 915 ml 1-Piece Microwave Bowl
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent microwave bowl, 2 April 2014
This so great. For soups or noodles or just warming up left overs. The perfect size. The lid means no splashes to clean up and has an adjustable vent which means the steam is released. If food gets caught in the vent then a soaking usually shifts it. I use this all the time. It's lightweight, the food heats quickly and it is now an indispensable item in my kitchen.

AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air
AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy cover sleeve, 2 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a basic cover and reasonably padded and rigid although not the best I have owned, but as a staple it's not bad at all. It feels good and has a non slip texture which is a plus, as again, I have one for a laptop that slides in my hand and feels very insecure. With a little extra padding this would be pretty close to perfect.

LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
Offered by Tools365
Price: 32.90

5.0 out of 5 stars The best torch I've ever had, 24 Mar 2014
This is brilliant. 5" long, lightweight and incredibly powerful. Compared to the huge and heavy torches I have had in my cupboard the past, this is nothing short of a miracle, excuse the pun. It won't give you the same security of feeling that it would act as a cosh in an emergency if you are worried about wandering around outside in the pitch dark, but it will fit neatly into your handbag without taking up a lot of space or weighing you down. It comes in a neat little nylon case with a velco fastening. It has a very powerful high beam as you press the end once and then dims on a second press, switches off on the third. Recommended highly.

A Hundred And One Middle Eastern Delights
A Hundred And One Middle Eastern Delights
Price: 3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Mar 2014
Great recipes and clear explanations and descriptions. I have found it an indispensable addition to my collection.
Would recommend highly.

Yankee Candle Votive Sampler (Pink Sands)
Yankee Candle Votive Sampler (Pink Sands)
Offered by yankeedirect
Price: 1.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scent, 19 Mar 2014
This is one of my favourite Yankee Candle scents, and a very pretty colour. A bit expensive unless you only use them for short periods over time, but they create a really lovely ambience and scent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20