Profile for Alison Towers > Reviews

Content by Alison Towers

Alison Towers
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Lebanese (EASY) Recipe Book: Simple Lebanese recipes using everyday ingredients enhanced with SPICE (The Spice Kit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Nov 2013
I cannot recommend this little book highly enough. Beautifully and expertly laid out, with simple clear instructions, and fun fact the end of each recipe. It has many of the dishes I remember with longing from living there for a short year back in the day. Lebanese food is just wonderful, and this will help anyone to succeed in producing a very reasonable effort at their first try.

Mason Cash 500 ml Flour Power Stoneware Jug, Cream
Mason Cash 500 ml Flour Power Stoneware Jug, Cream
Offered by east2eden

5.0 out of 5 stars A great jug., 11 Nov 2013
Substantial, well made, sturdy, a traditional and unfussy design, and cheap. A great milk jug, larger than the norm but not a whacking great custard jug. Half fill for a big pot for one, and fill it for a table full of people. An ideal 500 mls size for recipes that often seem to demand 500 mls of something or other. A must have staple in your crockery cupboard.

Tri martolod (Live)
Tri martolod (Live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tri martolod (Live) (MP3 Download)
I love this song, but he is a bit shouty in this rendition. I prefer the version where he is a bit smoother and less harsh. Neverthless, all his other stuff that I have is on vinyl, and I need to update, so at least I have a version, if not the one I'd really like to have.

Blue and White Stripe Milk Churn Mug
Blue and White Stripe Milk Churn Mug
Offered by Crackers Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 11 Nov 2013
A nice sized milk jug, and very attractive, but the lack of a pouring spout is a bit of a nuisance. You don't pour milk so much as splash it not your cup. One of those ideas that didn't quite work.

Sunshine After The Rain: The Collection
Sunshine After The Rain: The Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Nov 2013
One of my favourite singers. It's been a while but I used to attend at least one of her concerts annually. I love her music and am so very glad to now have it on Cioud do can download it to any and all of my devices, rather than the tapes that would get all chewed up in machines, or the CDs that get stolen or covered in muck.

The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking
The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking

5.0 out of 5 stars The Italian Cookery Bible, 11 Nov 2013
This is the one must have Italian Cook book. I have had it in hardback for a while now, and it is getting very dogeared and mucky, covered in various ingredients that got transferred off my hands in use, so I now have it on Kindle, and can display pages in huge print on my laptop I can see clear across the kitchen now. It explains all the basic of Italian cookery and has the standard recipes you need. You're in the hands of the master when working with this tome, and if you love Italian food, then you just can't be without this book on your shelves.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too sure about this stuff at all, 11 Nov 2013
I got two bites on my foot that urned red, itchy and burned so after looking around this seemed the best product to deal with it. A reviewer said it took seven tubes to heal her own problem, I've now been through 4, and although it seems to be working at first, and did immediately stop the itching, the redness has returned with a vengeance and had gone flaky as well as itchy. I'm now trying the Tea Tree and Manuka cream, and if that doesn't work it will mean the very long walk up all uphill to the doctors once I can get an appointment.

Invero® 2M Micro USB Data Sync Cable for Amazon Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD 7"
Invero® 2M Micro USB Data Sync Cable for Amazon Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD 7"
Offered by siatelecoms_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 11 Nov 2013
I'm going through a lot of these as these micro USB wotsits are very fragile, and they fit my Kindle just for my one most often used bit of gear that I now have. They get bent, come apart, get snapped off, and it seems I'm always having to replace them, so at this price I'm not getting too furious and tearing my hair out, just a little.

Prices Tea Lights (25 x Citronella)
Prices Tea Lights (25 x Citronella)
Offered by SM Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 11 Nov 2013
Good quality tea light but I can't honestly say I like the scent. It is just too stringent and sharp for my nostrils, so I'll give them to my relations. Pity. The quality is obvious.

Tea Tree and Manuka Cream in a 60ml amber glass jar by Amphora Aromatics; Antiseptic and anti-fungal - great for use by the whole family. Particularly useful for feet, but can be used over the whole body. Can also be applied to insect bites and stings - Paraben free
Offered by Spiritual-Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely stuff, 11 Nov 2013
I'm using this for a patch of red, burning itchiness that developed on my foot after a couple of bites turned nasty. It is a lovely light cream that absorbs quickly and soothes. It is antiseptic and anti fungal so am hoping for the very best, after going through four tubes of Lyclear, (a reviewer said they used seven tubes before their problem started to clear and it isn't cheap in those quantities), that seemed to help at first but hasn't got rid of the problem. In fact after the problem seemed to be going away, it has now flared up again as bad as ever, if not worse. In the meantime this cream helps with the itchiness, and also hydrates the skins well. I'm hoping the medicinal qualities does the trick and gets rid of the problem, so iI'll persevere with it, and in quantity it is better value.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30