Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "jayf888" (London)

JETech® APPLE CERTIFIED USB Sync and Charging Cable for iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3G/3GS, iPad 1/2/3, iPod 3.2 Feet (White)
Offered by JEDirect UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a while..........., 14 Nov. 2014
This worked fine for about 2 months but then I started getting messages on some occasions on plugging in the charger that the ipad wasn't charging and another message stating 'this accessory may not be supported'. Sometimes I would plug the charger in and it would start charging fine but I'd come back later to find that it had stopped charging at some point before being fully charged.

The instances of it refusing to charge have been steadily increasing in frequency until it's reached the point that it won't charge at all now and I will have to get a new charger - and not one made by JETech

Rosewood Catwalk Collection Luxury 2-in-1 Cat Bed
Rosewood Catwalk Collection Luxury 2-in-1 Cat Bed

1.0 out of 5 stars Very badly made - had to return, 16 Oct. 2013
You assemble this bed with a push and click method, however at every single point where a hole had been drilled in the metal - the metal in the interior had warped inwards and created a blockage in the pipe and it's therefore impossible to push a single metal pipe in to another one. I can't even get a pen down any of the pipes.

Returned and will not get another in this style again

100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo DS)
100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Potential!!, 8 Jan. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I wasn't too sure about this at first, my main problem is that the DS screen is so small that it's hard to fit a lot of text on to it, even at the smallest possible font size. This means having to flick on to the next page every couple of seconds and I found it really hard to get as engrossed in the book as I would do with a normal paper book. However, I stuck with it and got used to it and by the time I was coming to the end of my first book I was completely hooked and couldn't put it down!!

The choice of books on this game is a little bit random. For example there are two Sherlock Holmes books, but they are not the first two books of the series, they are from some other random spot in the series

Somebody asked another reviewer if there was a dictionary - in fact there is! I have only read Tom Sawyer so far and yes there was a dictionary - but it only had two entries for the entire book!!

The DS works very well as a reader, the backlight is at a perfect level, it's easy to turn the pages, go back to the main menu, go to a different book or do whatever you want to do. If you close the DS, you are at exactly the same place when you open it. If you turn it off, it asks you if you want to go to your previous location when you turn it on again. You also have the option of placing bookmarks.

So although I'm not 100% happy with the choice of book in this collection, as an experiment to see if the DS can be used as a reader, tha answer is a resounding YES. I look forward to more collections coming out!!

Sony Ericsson W880i Sim Free Mobile Phone
Sony Ericsson W880i Sim Free Mobile Phone

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but you pay a price, 18 Jan. 2008
I think this was one of the first 'slim' phones no the market, and Sony seems to have traded technology for good looks and skininess. It worked fine for about the first 2 months, and then I found it keot turning itself off. At first it was maybe once I week. Now 6 months later it's doing it at least once a day. PLus the buttons have grown extremely slow to respond. These days whenever my phone rings, I push the answer button and have to wait about 3 or 4 seconds for the call to be actually answered. If an alarm goes off on my phone, it can be terribly embarressing as often the 'turn alarm off' button won't respond at all and I have had some bad times on tube train where the alarm has gone off, I'm jabbing buttons furiously but it won't turn off and the whole carraige is staring at me.

I'm so disappointed in this phone as I had 2 Sonys previously to that and loved everything about them. But this phone is a massive let-down. Don't be fooled by it's good looks, it's the blonde bimbo of phones!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2008 4:51 PM GMT

Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD]
Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rosemary Conley

4.0 out of 5 stars Not much of a challange, 29 Oct. 2003
I do enjoy this dvd, though I think that people who are already moderately fit will not find it a challange. I can jog about 5 minutes at a go to give you an idea of my fitness level and I found this workout too easy.
For able-bodied people - there are two sections - an aerobics workout and a toning session. For the aerobics, you can follow one of 4 people who are doing the workout at different levels. I found that from the start - I had to follow the person at the advanced level and I do not consider myself very fit at all! The workout is enjoyable and easy to do, the music is good but if you are already somewhat fit - you most definitely won't be out of breath by the end of it.
The toning section does have some very good exercises which really target important areas. However, I feel that the number of repetitions of each exercise is completely inadequate to do any good. Maybe you could take those particular exercises and do them in your own time with a lot more repititions. Conley says at times during the workout things such as "now you can really feel the pull on such and such" and I'm thinking that I can't feel any pull whatsoever as it's only been 4 repetitions!
There are chair exercises for people with disabilities but I have not looked at that section so I can't comment on it.
Despite all this, I think that the dvd is well laid out, the exercises are good, and Conley is a good teacher with a good attitude. If you are already fit, the dvd will keep you from becoming stagnant and will keep you moving. However, if after your aerobics you like to be sweaty and puffed out, and after your toning you like to feel sore and burning - then this is definiely not for you.