Profile for Irene Gabellone > Reviews

Content by Irene Gabellone

Irene Gabellone "Eneri" (Italy)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Power
The Power
by Rhonda Byrne
Price: 6.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Power (Hardcover)
The book is very repetitive and some chapters are a full repetition word by word of the MAGIC book from the same author. The bit which i liked the most and which was worth buying the book has been the explanation of a technique very useful to make your subconscius accept big goals as being very very achivable. For respect to the author I am not going to explain the technique.

You Were Born Rich
You Were Born Rich
by Bob Proctor

2.0 out of 5 stars This style did'nt click with me, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: You Were Born Rich (Paperback)
I am fascinated by the LOA. I have come to know of this author thanks to The Secret movie so I bought the book togheter with other author's books acting in the same movie. I found this book I bit boring and didn't even managed to go all the way through it. The only good point which stuck with me was when the author explains that we have to love people and use money, not the contrary and that money is just the servant and we are the master. Either than this the book did'nt appeal to me but it might just be that I did't personally click the the author's style.

The Crabapple Bakery Cupcake Cookbook
The Crabapple Bakery Cupcake Cookbook
by Jennifer Graham
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It made me happy!, 18 April 2010
I am very happy with the recipes in this book, altough I have had to make some adjustments. I think australian must have bigger sizes cupcakes, with the 24 cupcake batch stated in the book I actually make 36 standard european cupcakes. Also, when the recipe calls for liquids I find you should put half as much as suggested otherwise the bactch becomes too liquid.The cupcakes are never overly sweet and they stay very moist. No need of putting syrup over them, problem wich I have had with other recepies I have tried from other books. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because i live in Europe and we have the metric sistem over here so I have trouble translating the recipes in grams but I am managing all right since the cupcakes are coming out beautifully without fail! I can't wait to try all the recipes!

So far I have tried:

Lady Tarryn's wedding cakes (white choccolate cupcakes!)
Dinosaur rock cupcakes (choccolate/coffe cupcakes)
Carrot cupcakes
Banana fudge cupcakes

They have all come out beautifully!!

Fun and Original Character Cakes
Fun and Original Character Cakes
by Maisie Parrish
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic characters, 27 Sep 2009
Very highly recommended, Maisie has done an excellent job with this publication, shame there weren't more designs!!!!

The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby
Price: 33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jun 2009
It's amazing how this book is easy to understand and follow. Instruction are step by step and even I, who I am not famous for using the computer too well, was able to produce fantastic effects thanks to this fantastic book. The only down side is that the author could have done with not trying to be funny, his humor is awful!!:)

Bake Me I'm Yours... Cookie: Over 100 Excuses to Indulge
Bake Me I'm Yours... Cookie: Over 100 Excuses to Indulge
by Lindy Smith
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very elegant, 10 May 2009
The best cookie decoration book ever! Designs are elaborate so this is not for you if you are looking for quick decoration ideas. Resoults are astonishing!

Cakes to Dream on: A Master Class in Decorating
Cakes to Dream on: A Master Class in Decorating
by Colette Peters
Price: 26.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Color and happiness, 21 Feb 2009
I love this book. Not all the designs are my cup of tea but there are sooooooo many that surely everyone will like some. My favourite ones are the one on the cover and all those using pastel shades.
Stacking techniques and techniques to make crocked cakes are very well explained but also other useful techniques to make cakes look stunning. Very inspiring.

Couture Wedding Cakes
Couture Wedding Cakes
by Mich Turner
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish, 26 Jan 2009
This review is from: Couture Wedding Cakes (Hardcover)
This book has many beautiful cake designs that are absolutly fantastic, pur M. Turner style. Painting techniques, piping work (her piping skills are amazing...) Use of fresh flowers and also choccolate work presented.... Recpies include: choccolate plastique, Choccolate truffle torte, luscious lemon cake, moist carrot cake, rich fruit cake, date cake, lime and coconut cake. My favourite designs are Easter Promise (very oriental) Corsetiere (a bronze cake with corset embroidery). You will also find the Queen Elisabeth Diamond wich is the design that Mick presented at the diamond wedding anniversary of the English Queen. - Higly recommended.

COOKIE CRAFT
COOKIE CRAFT
by Valerie Peterson
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete, 21 Jan 2009
This review is from: COOKIE CRAFT (Hardcover)
This book is truly special! It has stunning designs in it, it shows you lots of different techniques, it lists excellent resources where you can buy anything you would need for this craft. It goes through the process from start to the end, including packaging techniques, selling ideas, igene methods. Lots of very nice recepies which are all soooooooooo tasty! Very highly recommended

Carol Deacon's Sporty Cake
Carol Deacon's Sporty Cake
by Carol Deacon

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to make, stunning results, 5 Jan 2009
This book is impressive, it's a shame that is not being sold anymore, you can only find it second hand. Designs are tons, they are quick to make and the cakes look 5 star! You will find the following sports represented:

swimming - water skiing - surfing - sailing - basdetball - baseball - cricket - bowls - ice hockey - golf - rugby - tennis - football - american football - athletics - trainers - sho jumping - motor racing - motorbike racing - fishing - snooker - judo/wrestling - bungy jumping - trophy - armchair supporte - aerobics (lol)

also for many designs there are shortcut variations!!!

Fantastic, if it had 6 stars i would give them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4