Profile for Vlad Sandu > Reviews

Vlad Sandu

Talk on Corners [Special Edition]
Talk on Corners [Special Edition]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The music is gorgeous as we all know it, but there is something screwey in the way the disc is manufactured., 30 April 2014
I don't want to give a low rating cause there is absolutely nothing wrong with the music. The Corrs are the most elegant pop group that was around while I grew up and at least four of their albums are great from end to end. A joy to listen to, even years down the line.

Warner Music however has added, I suspect, something in the manufacturing process that makes the discs unplayable on some computer cd/dvd players. My ASUS can't handle it. I must use an older external LG to play these. No problem whatsoever with hundreds of classical music cd-s from other labels, but all four Corrs albums I ordered have this issue. I've read about other people having this issue, so I am not alone in this. Well.. off to the Internet I go and download some flacs. And never touch a Warner CD ever again.

And if someone asks why I play my cd-s on my PC it's because I can only afford so much technology. Labels should make life easier for their clients, not harder.

tl;dr ? Awesome music. Disc unreadable on some computer drives.

The Complete Poems of John Keats (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
The Complete Poems of John Keats (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
by John Keats

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the updated edition, 17 Dec 2013
Not meaning to review the work of a classic, I am not the one to do that.

Just want to mention that the edition I got is the newer one, with similar cover to what we can see now for Yeats, Blake, Tennyson.
The printed font size is a bit larger than other budget books I've seen, and that is very welcome for someone with perpetually tired eyes, like I am.

Forefront Cases NEW KINDLE 4 Red Leather Case Cover with LED NIGHT READING LIGHT For New Amazon Kindle 4 / Wi-Fi 6" / Latest Generation October 2011 / New Kindle 4 WiFi
Offered by Forefront Cases

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 3 Dec 2013
The Kindle is protected and held tightly. The materials they used are nice to the touch even if they feel more like soft plastic than leather.

The light is strong enough but the cold white color of the led is not something I'd use for a longer read. It's completely detachable, which is a good thing, because it does not get in the way during daytime.