Profile for A. Matheson > Reviews

Content by A. Matheson

A. Matheson "andy30041" (Portsmouth UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Lost In The Dream
Lost In The Dream
Price: 7.98

4.0 out of 5 stars A great, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Lost In The Dream (Audio CD)
I heard one track on 6 music and it caught my attention. A really well crafted album without a bad track on it..
I have to say is a better listen than Kurt Vile's 'Wakin On A Pretty Daze' album (which I liked a lot).
Highly recommended

Monkey Minds In The Devil's Time
Monkey Minds In The Devil's Time
Price: 9.18

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album, 20 Mar 2013
An album worthy of the five stars. Great production, great songs and probably Steve's best work. Powerful messages throughout and highly recommended

Bose  Computer MusicMonitor  (Metal Silver)
Bose Computer MusicMonitor (Metal Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 July 2012
I run training courses for a living...Sometimes as many as 80 delegates in large conference rooms
I use these to play the sound for movies projected onto a big screen. The sound is fantastic. They are nice and small and don't even have a huge transformer to go with them. I fit them both and the cables in a padded camera bag.
Perfect.

Speedlink Aero Flexible USB Message Fan
Speedlink Aero Flexible USB Message Fan
Offered by Eliware
Price: 8.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 6 Jun 2012
The fan itself is fine. It seems well made. The lighting effect is good too. BUT... you can't change the messages it contains. So you are stuck with four including one that says 'I love you'...
I was taken in by the description and assumed you could edit the message.. You can't so it doesn't do what I bought it for...

John Dee Holeman & the Waifs Band
John Dee Holeman & the Waifs Band
Price: 6.27

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Waifs Fans, 2 Feb 2008
I bought this on spec being a big fan of the Waifs. It is disappointing. I'm sure they had fun making it but it is pretty much an impromtu jam with John Dee Holeman. The sound of the Waifs never really makes it onto the album with no vocals and not much to inspire the imagination. If you are a blues fan, look for something better, if you are a Waifs fan, buy something else

Under The Blacklight
Under The Blacklight
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 16.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Q were right and wrong, 19 Sep 2007
This review is from: Under The Blacklight (Audio CD)
I read the review that Q published...I bought it on spec and admit I have played it a lot ever since... Some great songs but I do disagree when they compared it to Steely Dan's Can't Buy A Thrill. The Dan this is not! But shades of Blondie, country and pop ...really catchy infectious songs. Certainly makes me want to explore more of the back catalogue.

World Without Tears
World Without Tears
Price: 7.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Treat, 17 Jan 2007
This review is from: World Without Tears (Audio CD)
I came across Lucinda through A Q magazine list of the best live albums of all time. I bought her live CD and have been gradually buying the studio material. This album is just terrific. I can't listen to 'normal country' music but this is a clearly a crossover album that steps over the divide between rock and country. So shades of Neal Young, some Ryan Adams...If you like to seek out different artists.... try this..

Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Mobile Edition) (PC)
Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Mobile Edition) (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't work, 30 Aug 2006
I was very dissapointed. It may be that the software has some initial problems to iron out but this is going back. I have an error message every time I load it. Whenever you activate the microphone within minutes something crashes on the PC. The strangest thing is that this is the mobile edition and comes with a Phillips Digital dictation machine (this is great by the way)The Phillips instruction manual makes no reference to the software and the Nuance manual makes no reference to the dication machine so it is guesswork as to how to link them together. I did manage to get the system working when I was going through the training and I liked the idea but as a practical tool, It is back to ye old keyboard. Maybe Bill Gates and his crew will provide a better solution with the next release of windows?

Car Wheels On A Gravel Road
Car Wheels On A Gravel Road
Price: 5.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a listen, 9 July 2006
Someone suggested I buy this and not long afterwards I spotted it featured in one of those 100 albums to listen to before you die books. I have to say, I do get it. The only song I don't enjoy that much is the title track as the lyrics are working too hard to find a melody... But other than that, I love it. I also bought the live CD which is also great.

Working Class Hero - The Definitive Lennon
Working Class Hero - The Definitive Lennon
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 15.24

4.0 out of 5 stars The only John Lennon you will need, 24 April 2006
I have to say I was concerned about buying this. I have heard Imagine just too many times and many of the tracks are too familiar. Whats nice about this collection is that most of the less well know tracks serve as great reminders to lennon's talent. It is a terrific summary of a brilliant solo career. Several reviewers have criticised this release for 'cashing in'. Well 38 damn fine tracks on one release seems like a good idea to me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2013 12:22 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2