Profile for Mr P Davison > Reviews

Content by Mr P Davison

Mr P Davison

Page: 1 | 2
Forgotten Voices of the Great War: A New History of WWI in the Words of the Men and Women Who Were There  (Forgotten Voices/the Great War)
Forgotten Voices of the Great War: A New History of WWI in the Words of the Men and Women Who Were There (Forgotten Voices/the Great War)
by Max Arthur
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read, 12 May 2014
As with Forgotten Voices of the Somme,another interesting read and most informative. Once again, highly recommended to anyone interested in the subject matter.

Forgotten Voices of the Somme: The Most Devastating Battle of the Great War in the Words of Those Who Survived
by Joshua Levine
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars God bless the Accrington Pals., 12 May 2014
Being born and bred in Accrington, I have read a great deal about the Accrington Pals. The accounts in this book by the very people that were in or fought alongside the Accrington Pals are most interesting and I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in the subject matter.

Polar FT4M Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Silver
Polar FT4M Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Silver
Price: 53.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for checking your heart rate with ease., 20 Feb 2014
I am only just getting used to the Polar FT4M Heart rate Monitor, but am finding it more and more user friendly as I use it.

Trucking Down Memory Lane - Transport Cafes
Trucking Down Memory Lane - Transport Cafes
by Ted Connolly

5.0 out of 5 stars A mouth watering review of cafes., 20 Feb 2014
A trip down memory lane for many ex drivers and a glimpse into the past for today's young truckers who wil never know the like of these cafe's.

Omron HJ-112 Premium Digital Pedometer
Omron HJ-112 Premium Digital Pedometer
Offered by Shop Radiance
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Why no reset facility??????, 20 Feb 2014
The only thing I dislike about the Omron HJ-112 Premium Digital Pedometer is that it is not possible to reset the readout at will. For example, when travelling to a walking venue by car, the Omron clicks up a reading. It is not possible to reset the machine before setting off on the walk. This slight disappointment apart, I find the machine quite good.

Delkin Pop Up Shade Universal 3.0" LCD Black (DU3.0M BLK)
Delkin Pop Up Shade Universal 3.0" LCD Black (DU3.0M BLK)
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Delkin Pop Up Shade, 28 Sep 2013
I don't think this shade makes a great deal of difference to viewing the screen on my Lumix TZ70, but it does protect the screen and it looks quite good when in use.

Panasonic DMC-TZ30EB-K Compact Camera - Black (14.1MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Lumix TZ30, 28 Sep 2013
This little camera is all I expected and more. I use it for photographing lorries both stationary and on the move and it has never let me down, plus of course, it fits into my pocket. My SLR camera is great of course, but as I get older, it is becoming heavy to carry about. This is where the TZ 70 comes into it's own. Obviously the Leica lens must make the camera what it is and I would recommend this camera to anyone wanting a top quality compact.

SODIAL(TM) 2.5-inch HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270 degrees whirl
Offered by A Brilliant Planet
Price: 9.61

3.0 out of 5 stars a cheap and cheerful anti crash camera, 18 Mar 2013
I am a very keen lorry stills photographer, and have never had anything to do with video cameras, so bought the Sodial (TM) to see if it would film passing lorries as I was driving about. Unfortunately, the images are not clear enough for my purpose, but I any must say that the camera does do the job for which it was advertised, i e it records any vehicle that gets to close for comfort and would identify " crash for cash " merchants or anyone reversing into my vehicle. Frankly, I don't see how they can produce a camera and all the cables and the mount for the price they sell it for. Perhaps a better quality model would be more suitable to my individual needs.

Ex-Pro® Red Hard Clam Shock proof water resistant Digital Camera Case Bag CR9003C for Canon Powershot / Ixus A30, A80, A95, A310, A410, A420, A430, A450, A460, A470, A510, A520, A560, A580, A590 IS, A640, A720 IS, A810, A1300, A2300, A2400 IS, A3400 IS, A4000 IS, S80, SX110 IS, SX150 IS, SX210 IS, SX220 HS, SX230 HS
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 5.97

Canon PowerShot A4000 IS Digital Camera - Red (16.0 MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Powershot is brilliant!!!, 4 Feb 2013
I am an lorry photographer and use a Canon EOS 400 which gives me good results. However, I find it a little heavy to carry around when just out for a walk and so purchased the Powershot A4000. This fits into my pocket and gives me terrific results when photographing stationary lorries. I never leave home without it.

Page: 1 | 2