Profile for Ian Tulloch > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
IQTELL Email app and GTD®
IQTELL Email app and GTD®

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 7 April 2014
This review is from: IQTELL Email app and GTD® (App)
This app fully integrated with Evernote and completes my ability to be in full control of my daily to dos. This gives a full overview of your daily tasks and longer term projects.

It offers full control. A must for Evernote users and vis versa.

The Snowman and The Snowdog
The Snowman and The Snowdog

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute delight, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Snowman and The Snowdog (App)
Real quality this. Kids well no doubt love this but I have to be honest and say I thought it was brilliant as I was the one playing and I'm well over twenty something......plus!!!!

Arcus Weather Pro Key
Arcus Weather Pro Key

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Arcus Weather Pro Key (App)
Very accurate weather app this one. Nice and simple, pleasing to the eye. Overall does what it says and does it very well. This being the paid version knocks out the adverts and for the price is well worth it. If you need to know if it's going to rain etc then this is all you need. I have tried a few weather apps and they generally come with bells and whistles and plenty of floss. However their accuracy is often suspect. This app really does the job.

Arcus: Hyper Local Weather
Arcus: Hyper Local Weather

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on with your weather needs, 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Arcus: Hyper Local Weather (App)
Great simple weather app. Very accurate and gives me what I want. Easy to understand accurate weather. I don't want to know if but when it will rain. This does the job.

Unwanted
Unwanted

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed....want more!!!, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Unwanted (Kindle Edition)
I not a fan of thrillers although i am a fan of TV drama from this area of the world such as 'The Killing'. I gave it an open mind hoping to capture something that reflected the enjoyment i felt in watching such drama. I wasn't disappointed.

This is fast paced and each aspect of the story is carefully crafted to ensure your never left wanting. The characters i found interesting and left wanting to know more after the book was finished. The story never looses reality and this only aids in the fact that it deals with some shocking aspects of crime although your never left feeling cold and desolate and in need of counselling.

It was a pleasure and i really do look forward to the next read from this author.

1888: London Murders in the Year of the Ripper
1888: London Murders in the Year of the Ripper

4.0 out of 5 stars Broken Britain!!!!, 4 Mar. 2013
We hear so much in recent times of a 'Broken Britain'. An assumption that more recently our life in Britain was somehow 'Perfection'. It reflects that somehow our feelings that 'things' just are not right are correct and its the current government that will recover Britain to its former glory.

This book takes a snapshot of past British life. 1888.........reading through its pages the reader begins to recognise a world that proved harsh for the working poor let alone the non working poor. A belly of underclass resided within the squalor of daily London life. The police held a thin blue line that makes todays analogy of the 'Thin Blue Line' look about as thick as the channel tunnel.

Once read the reader recognises that the current terms of 'Broken Britain' are laughable. If you hold any perceptions that we really do live in a 'Broken Britain' then please do read this book and once read reflect on it.......i suggest you may feel differently.

Shakespeare on Toast: Getting a Taste for the Bard
Shakespeare on Toast: Getting a Taste for the Bard

5.0 out of 5 stars Iambic pentameter, 22 Feb. 2013
The title of this review was what summed up Shakespeare for me. A term that meant nothing and therefore blocked any way into the world of Shakespeare. However this is the point of the book....it was for people like me........

What Ben does is to to jump in with both feet with all the excitement of a lottery winner that just cant wait to share his winnings. He starts of by stating he understands me....he knows just why i never read Shakespeare and to top it all he states he was just like me. Not bad for a start and i have to say it had been my intention to just step in the first chapter. .......however the book became glued to my fingers as Ben was able to skillfully pull me in then guide me through the codes that would allow me to read, understand and above all enjoy Shakespeare.

Lambic Pentameter becomes a simple concept and i soon realised this was a key to understanding full stop.

If like me you never touch Shakespeare but secretly hold the urge and want of understanding then this book is for you. It opened my world to Shakespeare and it was Bens understanding, enthusiasm and back to basics approach that did it. Nice one Ben!!

Sambucol 120ml Black Elderberry Liquid Extract for Kids
Sambucol 120ml Black Elderberry Liquid Extract for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars A little piece of mind, 16 Feb. 2013
Its difficult to say whether this is a product that works or not. It boils down to personal opinion. However what i can say is my little boy loves this stuff. Amazon do it for a very good price and the product itself states it is clinically tested and proven to work....Who knows????

My little one was a prem baby so any reassurance is good for me and if it acts as an insurance against winter illnesses then thats good as well.....all in all i am happy top continue with this.

Scottish Fine Soaps Classic Male Grooming Shave Soap and Bowl Set
Scottish Fine Soaps Classic Male Grooming Shave Soap and Bowl Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice soap this one, 14 Feb. 2013
Great soap this one. Of course coming in its own dish really adds to the product. I just place the whole thing in my bowl of warm water along with my brush and razor.....leave for a min and bingo its ready to go. Living in a soft water area i get a whopping soap fix in less than thirty seconds on the brush. No need to return for a second or third reload the brush is set for the whole of the shave.

The smell is fantastic and not too strong but lingers which is great for me. Being triple milled and in soft water (so not much work needed on the soap) i expect this to last at least three months if not more. Triple milled soaps can last for months and some have stated six months of use if easy on soap.

This makes what appears an expensive soap great value in our times of austerity and i can never understand why more men do not choose to dump the expensive un sophisticated rubbish of the mainstream and turn to enjoy the pure joy of a real shave with quality soap.

Yep its a good soap and worthy of a try out.

50 Psychology Classics: Who We Are, How We Think, What We Do
50 Psychology Classics: Who We Are, How We Think, What We Do

4.0 out of 5 stars Only the beginning, 22 Jan. 2013
This is a starter and initially bought as a good overview of Psychological literature. Instead i found easy to digest tasters which left me chapter after chapter needing more. I now am left with a plan to read a number of books on the very classics this book introduced me too. Such an eye opener and wonderful introduction.

Page: 1 | 2