Profile for Lee > Reviews

Content by Lee

Lee (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Casio GW-M5610-1ER Wave Ceptor Radio Controlled G-SHOCK Mens Digital Resin Watch
Offered by Watches2U
Price: 84.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch., 15 Jun 2014
Good watch, I use mine for work.

It's not big, just a nice size.

I forget I'm wearing it, it's that comfortable.

My watch auto sets on my wrist most nights, no need to place by a window.

The battery seems very good as it has been on nothing but full since I bought it, even tho I work inside.

If I had to be picky, the 2 things I would change on this watch are, the date from USA format to UK, and the backlight to have the option, as some other G-Shocks do, to have the light on for 3 seconds instead of 1.5 seconds, as in the dark at night, 1.5 seconds can be a little to quick to focus your eyes and read the time.

The Summit
The Summit
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor documentary., 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Summit (DVD)
I love a good doc, but this was very poor, it was edited badly, jumped all over the place, hard to know what the point of it was.

The opening of the doc even says no one is sure what happened that night but it then goes on to tell the story! how they just said they don't know what happened! a great start to a doc!

Apart from the bad story telling, bad editing, the climbers themselves were hard to like, hearing them say they would not help a dieing man because it was too hard but then go on to say they carried on climbing up K2 and would then have to come down again, which surely takes more effort than it would have to have stopped and helped them get down, one woman that lost her partner on K2 even tried making the daftest reasoning why they don't stop and help, saying that people that drive on the motorway that see an accident don't stop and carry on and may have an accident themselves!!!! what? how on earth does that compare to walking past a dieing man on a mountain! but the best was the climber that said he would have refused to let a dieing man that had lost his tent to the wind, in his tent because it would have stopped him from getting a good nights sleep so he could carry on climbing the next day, luckily someone did let this man in their tent but even they were upset because this man dared ask for help.

So if you want to watch a documentary that doesn't know the truth of the story it's trying to tell, by people that are unlikeable and selfcentred then this is the doc for you.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2014 11:06 PM BST

English Tea Shop English Breakfast Fairtrade and Organic Loose Tea 100 g
English Tea Shop English Breakfast Fairtrade and Organic Loose Tea 100 g
Price: 5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars good brew., 27 Jan 2014
At last I have found a tea that makes a good brew every time, not just the odd time.

I've tried loads of different teas and they all seem to vary with how the brew will turn out, some make a decent brew but none seem to make a decent brew every time.

I use one teaspoon full, add to a cup with a metal filter in the cup (from a glass teapot I already had), let it stand for about a minute, and you get a very decent drew every time, nothing to blow you away, just a good old fashioned cup of tea, not had a bad one yet, it's on the strong side, but doesn't look it, very miss leading as the colour stays quite light.
I probably could get away with adding less tea and letting it stand for longer, I like a strong brew but not one that's brewed for too long, so this works for me.

Comes in a good tin too, will be adding another one to my next order that's over 10 for the free delivery option.

Pack of 2 Thick Strong Cubed Sized Home Removal Packaging Cartons - Double Wall Cardboard Boxes - 20" x 20" x 20" / 508mm x 508mm x 508mm
Offered by Globe Packaging
Price: 11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality boxes., 21 Nov 2013
These were to transport some heavy speakers (14k in weight), they were just right for the job, nice and strong.

Tesa Draught Excluder P Profile, White, 10 m
Tesa Draught Excluder P Profile, White, 10 m
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars wow this stuff is good., 11 Nov 2013
I bought this because my bedroom window was very drafty, in the wind and rain you would see the curtains move, I was hoping it would cut out some draft but didn't think it would cut out the noise too, as I could hear the rain hitting the ground outside and the wind blowing the leafs around the ground etc it's blocked all the daft, no more moving curtains and better than that even it's cut out the noise, hearing rain dripping on the window ledge and ground is worse than a bit of daft imo.

The bedroom was cold before but now it's noticeably warmer, going from the bedroom to the hallway you can feel the difference, whereas before it was all just cold, it won't mean no more central heating but at least I'm not making it any worse than it has to be now.

But it did take me a couple of tries to fit it, the only instructions are about 3 or 4 pictures, they are line drawings so you can't tell what is the frame and what is the window, I ended up sticking it to the frame, next to the original seal the frame already had, this didn't make much difference so I tried sticking it to the window itself, right on the edge, this worked a treat, yes you can now see it when the window is open but it's not very noticeable and the window isn't going to be open any time soon anyway.

It stuck better than I thought too, and was very easy to fit in a straight line, luckily I had a tin of alcohol so I gave the frame a wipe with that.

Worth every penny.

PVC Sticker No Junk Mail (1 SINGLE SIGN ONLY) (U-GS24W01)
PVC Sticker No Junk Mail (1 SINGLE SIGN ONLY) (U-GS24W01)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 16 Sep 2013
TBH I thought it looked a bit naff in the pic, thought I would order it anyway, just to take a look and maybe not end up using it, but I have to say it looks a lot better than I thought it was going to, doesn't look cheap and nasty, the metal effect looks very realistic, glad I bought it now...hopefully the postie will take note of it as he hasn't taken notice of my cancelling their junk mail using their own cancelling service on the Royal Mail site.

Exo Terra PT3012 Plastic Plant Mandarin, Medium
Exo Terra PT3012 Plastic Plant Mandarin, Medium
Price: 4.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Look good but..., 5 Sep 2013
These are worth the money, but be aware they are quite stiff, so if buying for say a crested gecko I would suggest buying silk plants instead, the leafs are also too small for a crestie to hang off, they do look half decent though but just better out there for the use I wanted them for.

Timeguard TG77 Day Compact Electronic Timeswitch
Timeguard TG77 Day Compact Electronic Timeswitch
Offered by Surplus Trade Supplies
Price: 9.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Be carefull you may not get what you order., 22 Aug 2013
I don't like when people write "reviews" and then talk about the delivery etc but in this case I'm going to and also about the product.

As this product was not sold by Amazon(at the time of me buying), it seems to be pot luck with what you will receive.

I thought I would buy from Maplin as a 3rd party Amazon seller, as it is a well known store, it costs more from them so I was thinking I would get the real Timegaurd Timer, as some people say they are getting fake Timegaurd Timers from some of the other (cheaper)3rd party sellers, well good on Maplin it was a real Timer but just not a Timegaurd one, it's a totally different make, I checked on the Maplin site and they don't sell this timer, so unless they stock them just for Amazon, and have sent me the wrong one, maybe? but I doubt it.

So now I have to mess about with "asking" them for a return number, waiting for that, then printing the address label, then waiting again for the correct timer to be sent but I'm guessing they don't even stock it, so I'm ordering elsewhere, found one on John Lewis, a bit more money with postage but it's sure to be the real thing!

Edit, Received the timer from John Lewis and it's great, even has a quick change time function for British summer time,looks well made, setting is fairly straight forward, I did find that if you make a mistake when setting either the on or off time, eg setting 8pm instead of 9pm and just correcting that part instead of going back and setting the date and both on and off times again, during the setting mode, it tended not to work, to get round this I would just start from the beginning again instead of part way through the setting process.
Also if you were to pull the plug/timer out it tended to throw the timer off it's game, so it would not go on or off when it should, until the next days scheduled time, took me awhile to understand how to correct this, there is a button on the timer, press this and a very small "auto on" or "auto off" will show on the display, so if you pull the plug/timer out and the timer should be off, just check the "auto off" is showing on the display and not just "off", if it isn't, just press the big button to scroll through the on/off/auto options(with the pointing finger) I guess this maybe why some reviews say the timer doesn't work...oh and it also has a override button, so if you want to turn the appliance on when the timer is telling it to be off or off when the timer is telling the appliance to be on, just press this button (again the big buttom with the pointing finger)but remember to check the correct "auto on" if meant to be on or "auto off" if the appliance is meant to be off, is selected on the display when you have finished, or again the timer tends to not work correctly until the next scheduled setting.

Into The Wild [Blu-ray] [2007]
Into The Wild [Blu-ray] [2007]
Dvd ~ Emile Hirsch
Price: 8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 17 May 2013
Watch this film! Everything about it is great,the script,direction,photography,acting and sound track.The story is a simple one, about a guy looking to find himself and the relationships he makes along the way.

It seems by reading other reviews the guy this story is about,is a marmite kind of guy,you either understand why he needs to go into the wild (run away) or you just think he's a spoilt uncaring brat, that leaves his family behind without a care for their feelings, I'm the former,if you think you are the latter then you may not enjoy watching the travels of this spoilt brat,whilst his family are left wondering if he's alive or dead.,. if you fancy a nice night in front of the TV with a big bottle of wine and do a little soul searching, then this is the film for you.

Gorilla Glue 60ml
Gorilla Glue 60ml
Price: 4.28

4.0 out of 5 stars good but to get a good finish is not easy., 13 May 2013
This review is from: Gorilla Glue 60ml (DIY & Tools)
Good glue, and at a great price too, just be aware unless you really clamp the objects that need gluing as recommended by the product,then you will have a layer of expanding foam between them, which is quite visible, as it's yellow, the colour of a Crunchie! and if you use to much, you will have expanding glue coming out the sides too.

It can be hard to clamp a lot of stuff you may be gluing, such as gluing something to the wall, as I was. The object slide down the wall after a few mins, as it doesn't set that fast, so I ended up sellotaping over the object until it set, the tape is not as strong as a clamp, so I ended up with the item stuck to the wall but slightly lifted off it with the expanded glue, so not the best of finish. I guess under the correct conditions, and to be fair as stated by Gorilla, such as two small objects that can be clamped, then the finish will be perfect but as said not every job has the perfect conditions.

A tip...when closing the glue hold the bottle the correct way up i.e nozzle up, squeeze the bottle until a bit comes out the top, then replace the lid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6