Profile for Rhys Clement-Evans > Reviews

Content by Rhys Clement-Evans

Rhys Clement-Evans (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Queen's Poisoner (The Kingfountain Series Book 1)
The Queen's Poisoner (The Kingfountain Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A well written fantasy piece with characters who draw you in., 5 Mar. 2016
After his father's treachery a young boy is pulled into the king's court to act as hostage for his noble family's good behaviour. Add a touch of magic and a whole lot of double dealing and you have a delightful piece from an author who is now definitely on my list to follow. I quickly found myself not only caught up in our young hero's fate, but also in the character development of those around him, and the book did not disappoint. Now if you'll excuse me, I feel an urgent need to find out if the sequel is available yet. Fingers crossed.

CSL - 3m Premium Micro USB to USB Cable Nylon Braided | Data,Sync + Charging Cable | Aluminium plug | Android,Samsung,HTC,Motorola,Nokia,LG,HP,Sony,BlackBerry
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars This seems like a well constructed, 10 Nov. 2015
This seems like a well constructed, durable product. The ends look solid and after using it for a month I am very happy with it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and does the job., 25 Mar. 2015
Cheap and effective pouch to keep your earphones clean and undamaged in your pocket. I have used this for several weeks and it is showing no signs of deteriorating.

Turboflame - Delta Twin Laser Jet V Flame Lighter
Turboflame - Delta Twin Laser Jet V Flame Lighter
Offered by willy banjo ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality, terrible performance once it came time to refill., 25 Mar. 2015
Positives:

This is an extremely well constructed lighter, with metal and solid rubber that gives every impression of being durable. No cheap plastic here.
The twin flames are excellent. I have had no need to use this in windy conditions so cannot comment upon the comments from others in that area, but for me this was reliable (on the first fill) and did everything I needed.

Negatives:

Despite using a good quality gas (Ronson) I could not get this to reliably stay lit once the time came to refill it. I tried the trick suggested in another comment of completely draining the lighter and then performing a single refill, with no top-ups, however this did not improve the situation in my case.

In short, excellent build quality, but ultimately something that has proved to effectively be a non-refillable lighter. With great regret (because it really does feel like a quality piece of equipment in the hand), two stars and the back of a drawer.

Kitchen Craft Cook's Blowtorch
Kitchen Craft Cook's Blowtorch

4.0 out of 5 stars A birthday present well received., 20 Mar. 2015
I bought this as a birthday present for my wife, and now that she has used it for the first couple of times I thought it might be worth sharing our experience with it. The device functions well, with the mechanical parts seeming to be well constructed and well though out. The top part is a rotating valve that has a three-quarters rotation covering from off to maximum gas. The red side button ignites the flame, which jets out to a little over two centimetres from the tip. The metal nozzle is recessed inside a black plastic cowl, which is undoubtedly a safety precaution to reduce the chance of anyone touching the heated parts, so definitely a good feature. The only negative is that the shiny silver parts that you see in the picture are painted plastic. This doesn't affect the performance (which is fine), and with reasonable handling there is no reason to think that the device won't last for a good few years. Overall it seems great value for money, and does the job nicely.

Ex-Pro AA/AAA Battery Case Tough Store Storage - Clear (Pack of 3)
Ex-Pro AA/AAA Battery Case Tough Store Storage - Clear (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to get excited over some plastic battery cases ..., 20 Mar. 2015
It's hard to get excited over some plastic battery cases, but for anyone looking at these and trying to decide between them and the variety of others available I can say that these seem well made, and after a few weeks of use give me no reason to think that they won't serve me well for years.

Samsung Flip Premium Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Yellow
Samsung Flip Premium Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Yellow
Offered by outlet-empressia

5.0 out of 5 stars ... cover for my wife's phone and she is very happy with it, 20 Mar. 2015
I bought this as a replacement cover for my wife's phone and she is very happy with it. It's a cheap, solid clover that provides excellent value for money, and so far after a few weeks seems to be lasting well.

Offered by Abrafix

5.0 out of 5 stars They are doing the job fine and there is no sign of them coming loose, 20 Mar. 2015
Not a lot you can say about something so basic, but they do the job, and are extremely cheap, so it would be churlish not to give them five stars. I have had a couple of these on the inside of my phone case to prevent the front cover pressing down on a raised front button. They are doing the job fine and there is no sign of them coming loose.

Kit Me Out UK PU Leather Printed Side Flip + Screen Protector with MicroFibre Cleaning Cloth for Amazon Fire Phone ( 2014 ) - Red / White / Blue UK Flag Union Jack
Offered by Kit Me Out UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, great value for money., 20 Mar. 2015
I have had this case for a few weeks and it is serving me well. I do like the worn Union Jack appearance, and in terms of value for money it has turned out to be an excellent purchase, Only one small niggle prevents me from giving this a five star review, and that is that the front cover can (and does) very easily press down on the bottom front button of my Amazon Fire phone (only a problem when I listen to audio books or music with the phone in my pocket). This was easilly overcome through the purchase of a couple of small rubber feet to stick to the inside of the case's front cover, alongside where it would press down upon that button. In short, great case, much recommended. Incidentally should anyone else want to add the rubber feet, I obtained those through Amazon for just over two pounds (Clear Self Adhesive Polyurethane Bumper Stops Feet Bumpons Coaster Feet, 6.4mm x 1.9mm Domed (Pack of 25))

Steel Breach (Steel Legion Book 1)
Steel Breach (Steel Legion Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Alien invaders and robot assassins, what's not to like?, 20 Mar. 2015
It's always nice to stumble across a fast paced, well written story. When it also includes self-assembling killer robots it's hard not to smile and give it a five star review. This book has a solid plot that has both breadth and depth, the characters are well written with a good half dozen that make me want to see how they fare in future books (which I very much hope are forthcoming). Casey Calouette obviously has a creative mind and is definitely going on my list of authors to watch.

Page: 1 | 2