Profile for theweekender > Reviews

Content by theweekender

theweekender "colin4053"

The Next Moon (Penguin World War II Collection)
The Next Moon (Penguin World War II Collection)
by André Hue

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Heroes, 29 July 2014
Great read, dare daring stuff! Real heroes risking their lives for the liberation of France. Well written, enjoyed this book immensely.

Case Buddy TM Transparent Clear Soft TPU Gel case Cover and Screen Protector for iPhone 5S 5
Offered by Case Buddy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case for the money!, 10 Feb. 2014
Nice and cheap, fits well. Wanted to be able to still see my new iPhone 5S gold, just the job!

Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout

4.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement, 4 Jan. 2014
Bought this Combo to replace the one that came with my PC and I'm glad I did, it is so much better! The mouse is a tad small; however it is responsive and works so much better than my previous one. The keyboard keys have a nice feel to them and the illuminated capital 'A' to indicate caps lock on is a very useful addition. I would definitely recommend this combo for the price.

Gadgeo Black Gel Silicone TPU Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4 & 4S with Screen Protector and Cleaning Cloth
Offered by TypeandColor

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking case, 17 July 2013
A good looking case, nice to hold. The only negative is pressing the on/off button, which sometimes can be difficult to press. However don't let this put you off buying this case, at the price it is a snip.
Delivery was excellent.

The Sugar Girls
The Sugar Girls
by Duncan Barrett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Sugar Girls (Paperback)
I love social history books and this one is very well researched and written. I only ever have time to read on holiday and I bought this one to take away with me last month. Even though I was lying in the sun in another country, I was transported back to 40's and 50's London through the pages of this excellent book. The stories of the featured women are so interesting and it makes you feel that while we may have more today, their lives were richer. As the Daily Mail critic says on the cover review, it would make a great TV series to rival Call the Midwife. I have read both books and I would say this one is better!
Highly recommended!

Silvertown: An East End family memoir
Silvertown: An East End family memoir
by Melanie McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 24 Oct. 2011
I am really interested in social history and this book gives a very good account of the decline of the East End of London. It is well written; however a minor critisism, is from time to time the author goes into too much detail when for example listing all the sweets in the sweet shop. Don't be put off by my personal gripe, after all it is only a minor one!
I took the book on holiday and couldn't put it down. It was bliss lying in the Ibiza sunshine reading this book. If you like British social history and or tales about life in old London, you will love this book!

Kodak Universal Case for Camera - Neoprene Black
Kodak Universal Case for Camera - Neoprene Black
Offered by mopodo-uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but...., 29 July 2011
This case looks good; however it is too tight for the Kodak Zi8 even though it is supposed to be a Zi8 accessory. The zip goes around the first corner, but is very difficult to get around the next one. Had I known, I would not have bought it.

E-Samba [CD 2]
E-Samba [CD 2]

4.0 out of 5 stars Ibiza Memories, 14 Nov. 2003
This review is from: E-Samba [CD 2] (Audio CD)
Every day that we lay on a lounger at Mariners beach bar in Santa Eulalia, this would belt out across the sand. Even during the miday sun it made you want shake your body. Only thing was we didn't know what it was! Luckily on returning to Blighty it was played on the radio and later released here...bliss.
Great tune, simple lyrics. If you have been to a Spanish speaking country for a holiday, you can't fail to be transported back to the sun, when you listen to E Samba. Buy it!