Profile for MR J C GREGORY > Reviews

Chasing the King of Hearts
Chasing the King of Hearts
by Hanna Krall

5.0 out of 5 stars New slant on holocaust survival, 10 Mar. 2014
An excellent, heartwarming story of love surviving the ghetto, the camps and the holocaust. Such a strong and admirable heroine.

The Wipers Times: The Famous First World War Trench Newspaper
The Wipers Times: The Famous First World War Trench Newspaper

1.0 out of 5 stars Froze my Kindle, 11 Dec. 2013
I had difficulty downloading this e-book. Then it wouldn't open. Then it froze my Kindle. I tried three times, and followed the Amazon advice to delete the book and download from the cloud. This didn't help. It is the first time this has happened to me with a Kindle e-book. Very disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 3:18 PM GMT

Stretching It
Stretching It

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for chicks, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Stretching It (Kindle Edition)
Loved it! A thoughtful, entertaining and very funny novel, full of interesting and believable characters. I identified and sympathised with the main character, Jennifer, perhaps because I am northern and overweight - but I am also a bloke. This is so much more than lit for chicks!

Tyke on a Bike
Tyke on a Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Canal Towpath Cycling Memoir, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Tyke on a Bike (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book - really well written - a rare example of the canal towpath cycling literary genre! I followed the story with the waterways canal guide for added route detail. Only disappointment was the lack of a contents page and photos - both included in the Kindle version, which I also possess. Really well done Mr Priestley- much appreciated by another out-and-back canal towpath cyclist - and tyke to boot!

Copenhagen Noir (Akashic Noir)
Copenhagen Noir (Akashic Noir)

3.0 out of 5 stars A dark read, 9 Feb. 2013
Well written, but rather depressing - as you would expect I suppose. Took it to Copenhagen to read on holiday - but by no means a light holiday read!