Profile for Han > Reviews

Rebuild
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 9.62

4.0 out of 5 stars feels much too different, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Rebuild (Audio CD)
this was mix of hit and miss for most part. Sounded a lot different from their first album, can't say I loved it.

The Human Contradiction
The Human Contradiction
Price: 14.29

5.0 out of 5 stars heavier, still delain, 7 April 2014
This review is from: The Human Contradiction (Audio CD)
I started listening from their April Rain, and while I liked Lucidity, I liked April Rain and following albums more so than Lucidity. If felt more mature.
New album, unlike Interlude, actually contains full list of new songs (yay!) but have departed from their much lighter music that was We Are The Others and went with much heavier sounds.
Not complaining, as I like this just as much. Got to give it a good listen before I can decide which will be my favourite.

PS Now fees more like metal!

Icon For Hire
Icon For Hire
Price: 17.59

4.0 out of 5 stars different from Scripted, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Icon For Hire (Audio CD)
I feel songs in here are much more geared towards pop...makes it so much different from Scripted.
It isn't by all means bad, and most of songs are fast, upbeat, catchy

Still, personal preference to certain genres mean I can only give 4 stars.

Casio Edifice EF-527D-1AVEF Men's Analog Quartz Watch with Chronograph, Steel Bracelet and Date Indicator
Price: 89.75

4.0 out of 5 stars nice watch but.., 29 Nov 2013
been very happy with the purchase and I have been using it for past 6 months. Only complaint I have is that despite being water resistant, it somehow built up moisture inside watch face. Never happened to any of other watches so this will be a matter I just have to go to local jewellery shop or something (not even sure if it is my fault or not). Apart from that, solid quality nice design

Interlude
Interlude
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Good interlude to keep fans happy, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Interlude (Audio CD)
I purchased CD, which came with bonus DVD. Been waiting for this so long..only now I have to wait for their next one. Too bad I will miss them out this weekend :/

CD contains 13 songs, although only track 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 are 'new'. Other songs are from Live or new versions of old songs.

Opening song, 'Breathe on me', starts strong and is already favourite song. It's not to say others are bad, but Breathe on me was just so quick to catch my attention. Others are likely to be my favourite soon too anyway. I very much liked ballad version of 'we are the others' too.

Bonus DVD, containing few live clips, footage, and official MVs for 'Get the devil out of me', 'we are the others, 'April rain', and 'frozen'. Didn't get time to check all videos out yet, but as this is DVD, don't expect full HD quality. (looked like 480p to me)

Lastly, this time there is lyrics included which was bugging me on the last album. (although only for songs in this album)

Well, now wait for next album begins.

The Nexus
The Nexus
Price: 7.08

4.0 out of 5 stars nice follow up, 18 April 2013
This review is from: The Nexus (Audio CD)
I don't know. Listening to the album few times... made it better every time I listen to it.
Still, I think their debut album was more solid. Some tracks are just unbrearale for me (electroheart..*shudder*)
Afterlife quickly became my favourite, although I would've appreciated a bit more mellow song or two from the album (like Amaranthe from the first album). I feel there are just too many songs in the album that are fast-paced, that sounds too pop-ish
Overall, enjoyable but I can see it isn't going to be everyone's favourite.

Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
Offered by Terminal 1
Price: 57.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good..but big, 9 April 2013
Mouse design is nice, with adjustable weight to make it comfortable for any users. Adjustable sensitivity and programmable (I found it somewhat limited but still..) keys are great.

My only complain is its size. I found the mouse to be slightly too big for my use. Yes, it may be due to fact I have smaller hands, but this thing is huge in my opinion. I would suggest looking at dimensions to see if it is right one for you. I have no problem using it tho.

QPAD MK-50 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard-Red
QPAD MK-50 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard-Red
Price: 80.95

5.0 out of 5 stars nice keyboard& good value, 9 April 2013
Ivan's review is probably the most helpful review on this product.
I found the keyboard to be quite good overall and have no problem with it. I do have a minor quib about armrest, but then again I have a separate one I use so not a major problem. Armrest that comes with the keyboard isn't brilliant but for price, keyboard is exceptional.

We Are the Others [Special Edition]
We Are the Others [Special Edition]
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars best one yet, 9 April 2013
We Are the Others is, by far, the best album yet from Delain. Their previous album 'April Rain' was amazing, but the band has matured further. Since their debut album 'Lucidity' Charlotte's vocal has gone progressively improved and it really shows on this album.
Staying true to symphonic metal roots, there is not a single song that's bad or even okay. Cannot wait for 'Interlude' now, and 10th May cannot come fast enough. The band have not failed me since Lucidity, and each album just seem to get better and better

Eastpak Messenger Bag Delegate - 20 Liters - Black
Eastpak Messenger Bag Delegate - 20 Liters - Black
Price: 33.26

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed, 28 Oct 2010
my old bag was knackered hence this purchase.
i needed a bag big enough for a laptop (although I have a laptop bag, I can't fit in all my uni books and notes) and durable.
It had enough pockets both inside and outside to suitably arrange it to my needs, clip for shoulder strap which meant it will not get twisted.
all in all, pretty darn good. :D