Profile for a10694 > Reviews

a10694

Walimex 86mm Circular Polarizing Slim Filter
Walimex 86mm Circular Polarizing Slim Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars a Sigma 50-500 is a pretty small aperture lens, 5 Nov. 2014
referring to the previous comment, a Sigma 50-500 is a pretty small aperture lens, and if you were to put a light reducing filter on it, I would not expect the AF to work regardless., as there would be so little light reaching the camera.

My Cool Bike: An Inspirational Guide to Bikes and Bike Culture
My Cool Bike: An Inspirational Guide to Bikes and Bike Culture
by Chris Haddon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book., 28 Nov. 2013
However, I could not find the bike on the cover inside the book, and no description either of the cover photos. But, I knew what the Holdsworth bike was, and have bought one off Ebay for restoration.....

Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for Galaxy S3
Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for Galaxy S3
Offered by Branded and New Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 7 Nov. 2013
The transparent screen that covers the display is made of plastic that is too soft, and scratches even with a fingernail. The same piece also had raised hard plastic lumps in it, which make it not smooth and flat. Don't bother.

Conwy Mulberry Harbour
Conwy Mulberry Harbour
by Mark Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars conwy mulberry harbour, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Conwy Mulberry Harbour (Paperback)
Excellent book, many (rare ?) photographs. I've been past many times, and knew of it, but knew none of the detail. Time to go back.....

Sony SEL18200 Alpha NEX Series Lens 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
Sony SEL18200 Alpha NEX Series Lens 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Nex 18-200 lens review, 19 Oct. 2011
Quite heavy, dwarfs the camera body. Excellent picture quality, and a build quality that Nikon could only dream of with it's 18-200.

Disappointing that it does not include a lens case, or even a bag.

Iomega 34514 EGO Encrypt PLUS Portable 500 GB External
Iomega 34514 EGO Encrypt PLUS Portable 500 GB External

1.0 out of 5 stars Iomega Encrypt Plus 500 Gb disk, 30 Jan. 2011
It does as as it says, it does encrypt your data, if you use it exactly as it suggests (actually, the documentation is not so good, and tells you only how to use it in ideal circumstances).

My issue is that if your PC should shut down, crash, power off, hibernate for any reason, then it loses all your data, and has to be reformatted, and you have to start all over again.

It reckoned that it would take around 1 day to copy my 450Gb / 129k files over to it, so I have been backing up my files several folders at a time to it. They all worked, until the last one, which I left overnight. The next day, the PC (W7 / Vaio i7) was in a hibernated state. When the PC came out of hibernation, the Iomega Encrypt Plus 500 Gb disk was corrupted, would not mount, and had to be reformatted. I confirmed this on 3 separate occaisions. Epic Fail. To be returned, better to use Trucrypt on a non-encrypted disk, which is also free.

I guess that the problem is something in the area of should the PC does not shut down correctly, or the disk power off, or become disconnected, then it is not possible to write some bit maps or mapping info back to the disk, and it ends up corrupted.

It also only gives you 15 attempts to get your passwords right, and I swear that I was typing mine correctly, but because of some corruption the password was lost, hence I cannot change my admin password.

Don't bother.