ARRAY(0xac47d510)

Profile for D. Phillips > Reviews

Content by D. Phillips

D. Phillips (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Maggie's Man (Family Secrets Trilogy 1)
Maggie's Man (Family Secrets Trilogy 1)
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 17 Jan 2014
I love Lisa Gardner's thriller but her romance is sadly lacking - she did the right thing abandoning this genre.

Maggie's Man starts of interesting but then it just sags in the middle. The heroine is boring and the emotional background doesn't make an enticing read. In fact I was quite bored with it and ended up skipping towards the end.

I wont be ready more in the trilogy but I have just bought her latest book Fear. Now that's a good read I can recommend.

Fear Nothing
Fear Nothing
Price: 4.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanging on the edge of my seat, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fear Nothing (Kindle Edition)
I love Lisa Gardners work and stumbled upon her books recommended by Karin Slaughter. As usual the suspect have interesting back stories and our heroine - Detective DD is fighting her own demons. This book had me guessing to the very last pages.
Lisa Gardner gives a psychological spin on the characters involved and it's the understanding of them that makes the read a thriller.

I'd recommend even as a standalone but really it'll want you reading all her books before.

Downton Abbey - Series 4 [DVD] [2013]
Downton Abbey - Series 4 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith
Price: 13.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Still love it, 17 Jan 2014
These series still does it for me and it baffles me why people are suddenly turned off by it. The dialogs are great, the drama there, Dame Maggie Smith still has excellent punch lines and the stories still keep me interested. It also depicts the trial and tribulations of that time well.

Can't wait for series to come.

Stanley Mini Trigger Glue Gun
Stanley Mini Trigger Glue Gun
Offered by chopshoptools2011
Price: 7.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, 17 Jan 2014
Great price on a little tool for doing the dirty work. I used it for upholstery and it completely worked. I like that it's a small size so you can get into anywhere you need and it lets out a little bit of glue.
Some customers complained about the stand - admittedly it doesn't work but really for the price I wasn't bothered and propped it against something more sturdy while it was cooling off. Not much of a problem really.
Would recommend.

40 Top Paleo Recipes - Quick and Easy Paleo Diet Recipes For Weight Loss & Optimum Health (Paleolithic Diet Cookbook)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars The paleo craze, 17 Jan 2014
I'm not sure if I'm up for the paleo craze - this book was ok - it was very cheap and had a few taster recipes. I think if you want to become a convert though you need something more substantial to help convert into this diet. The hardest thing is breakfast. Breakfast without bread or grain is very difficult for me and I didn't find any of the breakfast recipes appetising.

50 Sticks of 7mm x 100mm Hot Melt Glue
50 Sticks of 7mm x 100mm Hot Melt Glue
Offered by RightPrice Catering Equipment
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, did the job, 17 Jan 2014
I was using the stick for upholstery and they completely did the job. Great price too. Would recommend to anyone.

Unseen: (Will Trent / Atlanta series 4)
Unseen: (Will Trent / Atlanta series 4)
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The showdown, 5 July 2013
Lena is back and right in Sara Linton's face! I read the first chapter in the short story promo Busted and couldn't wait. Of course this resulted in ignoring the family around me and delving back into small town Georgia for a whole day until I finished the book.

This book has brought me back to the first books Karin Slaughter used to write: good plot, each chapter ending with a cliff hanger, a bit of time jumping and really allowing the reader to add imagination to the plots that weren't necessarily explained in depth. Emotional scenes didn't need in depth characterisation - it was simple and effective story telling.

I did guess the suspects and I don't think there were as many red herrings as in previous Karin Slaughter books, but it didn't matter, it was action packed and back to the usual gory descriptions of violence that the author is so well known for and that I missed in some of her latter books.

There is some absolution finally between all the main characters as well as a very intense scene between Sara & Lena where they have it out with each other.

As always does not disappoint!

Rock Chick Revenge
Rock Chick Revenge
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Rock Chick, 6 Jun 2013
Oh I love this book the most out of the series, and the heroine Ava has pipped my now second favourite rock chick Jet.

This is the love story of Luke (swoon) and Ava and it's full of twists and turns, bit of danger, lots of harm and generally a great read that will suck you in!

A lot of reviews focus on lying and insecurity... I loved this element and completely identified with Ava, the pretending not to care or running off in the effort not to get hurt... self preservation at it's highest!

Loved the twists and turns and my god it had me dreaming out my own personal Luke. Wow. Best hero ever.

Buy it!!!

DOMINOES SET. DOUBLE 9. SPINNER. TOURNAMENT.WOODEN BOX
DOMINOES SET. DOUBLE 9. SPINNER. TOURNAMENT.WOODEN BOX

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of large dominos, 6 Jun 2013
These dominos are quite big, which helps in reading the spots especially for double 9s.

Only faulty is that the box is flimsy and fallen apart - but I bought this for the dominoes, not the box.

Busted
Busted
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quick read, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Busted (Kindle Edition)
Luckily Karin Slaughter can pull off novella's which not all writers can. We are quickly captured into Will Trents mystery and also placed into his new shoes as an undercover agent setting it up nicely for new book released in July.

Did I think the evil person in this book was reeeealy evil. No. But it doesn't matter, it's the suspense that Karen Slaughter is so excellent at writing.

And I'm definitely in suspense until her new book, the opening chapter packed a punch, to say the least!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7