Profile for S. Kumar > Reviews

Content by S. Kumar

S. Kumar "Medical Student" (London)

Rice and Kari: Traditional Sri Lankan and Other Asian Cooking Adapted for Modern Living in the West
by Sivakamy Mahalingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must have recipe book!!, 15 Mar 2011
I would really recommend this book for anyone interested in Sri Lankan cusine (And asian cooking in general)! It has managed to act like an encyclopedia of sri lankan cusine, I was surprised by how many different recipes the author has managed to document. If there is a particular type of Sri Lankan recipe you're looking for, it's definitely in there. I particularly liked the author's tips and tricks!

Furthermore all the recipes are really easy to follow (and I'm one of the most accident prone cooks ever), and I was impressed to see that I am now finally able to recreate the wonderful tastes and smells of my grandmother's cooking!

Overall a very very satisfied customer.

Iron Man [DVD]
Iron Man [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 4.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing film, 13 Feb 2009
This review is from: Iron Man [DVD] (DVD)
I actually saw this in the cinema, but my dad wanted to watch it, so bought it, it's absolutely amazing, Lots of action, fast cars, exciting new technology and just one lovey dovey scene! Don't get me wrong i like chick flicks too, but if you want to watch just an action film then this is certainly the one i'd choose!

Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain (**)
Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain (**)
by Mark F. Bear
Price: 32.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for understanding concepts, 13 Feb 2009
This book is great for explaining concepts and integrating the stuff you learn with the real world (it has little boxes now and then, with an article written by a leading neuroscientist / molecular biologist etc, which i found really nice), It's also good at teaching the neuroanatomy involved, but with a lack of real pictures (as in all the neuroanatomy diagrams and hand drawn, nothing wrong with that, but i'm used to going down to the dissection room to learn anatomy). I would definitely recommend this book, especially becasue of the added extras that it comes with, the CD is really useful in helping to test yourself and the online help is also amazing, my only but would be that i find Crossman and Neary's textbook a lot better in explaining the ascending and descending pathways and think that their images and diagrams are better. =P