Profile for Rev Linda > Reviews

Content by Rev Linda

Rev Linda

Lamentation (The Shardlake series Book 6)
Lamentation (The Shardlake series Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Nov. 2014
Amazing as usual

The King's Curse (Cousins War Series Book 6)
The King's Curse (Cousins War Series Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 3 Sept. 2014
I couldn't t put it down. It gave a real insight what it might have been like to live through the turbulent times of the reign of Henry VIII

Dazzling Darkness
Dazzling Darkness
by Rachel Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing, thought provoking read, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Dazzling Darkness (Paperback)
Once I had started this book I couldn't put it down. When I'd finished it I couldn't stop myself telling others they should read it. Rachel Mann writes honestly about gender and human sexuality in a manner which is engaging, thought-provoking and compassionate, sharing with us her own experiences and struggles. I found what she said useful and challenging with regard to my own response to these issues.
Even more profound are the chapters where Rachel speaks about the God she knows to be at the centre of her life, who can't be slotted into the God box and brought out when we feel like it and who is not the masculine God, who is the creation of the Church, not the God of faith in whom we live and move and have our being.