Profile for Peter D. Mark > Reviews

Content by Peter D. Mark

Peter D. Mark (Seattle, Washington)

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Wrapping Case for Camera
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Wrapping Case for Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars nice case, 18 May 2013
This case is serving the purpose I hoped it would: to keep the glass of the OLED display on the back of the camera from getting scratched, and to generally protect the camera when I'm not using it. It's well-designed and fits the OM-D well. One nice feature is that you can pull the flap over the top of the camera and attach the velcro on the part of the case that covers the back of the camera regardless of which lens you have on the camera ... at least for the lenses I have currently. (This may not be possible with really long telephoto lenses.) Another nice feature of this case is that when you're not using it, it's easy to fold up and put in a pocket. Also: the service I got from the seller (Carmarthen Cameras, in Ireland) was great. They answered my questions accurately and promptly.

The only problem with this case is that I had to pay high shipping from the UK to the States, since the product is not sold in stores in the States or on USA-based websites. On the other hand, it's nice that I was able to buy this case at all, using Amazon.co.uk instead of Amazon.com.