Profile for Pandora > Reviews

Content by Pandora

Pandora

TP-LINK TL-WA850RE 300 Mbps Universal Wall Plug Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster with Ethernet Port for Wired Device (WPS Function/Easy Configuration)

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, 14 April 2014
The device worked with no set up problems at all. My only slight reservation was an apparently quite weak signal in some of the rooms to which I was extending the range - our house is only a little larger than average.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2014 5:01 PM BST

15 Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma MG5250 - Multipack
15 Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma MG5250 - Multipack
Offered by More Inks

4.0 out of 5 stars Good inks at good prices, 28 Sept. 2013
I have now used many cartridges from this supplier and with only a single exception (when I assume the cartridge was defective) they have worked perfectly - I could detect no difference between these cartridges and the branded Cannon ones, except for the substantial price difference.

Each time I've ordered, the goods have arrived very promptly - on one occasion, I placed an order mid afternoon and was astonished to receive the goods the following morning.

4 Black Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma MG5250 - PGI525BK
4 Black Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma MG5250 - PGI525BK
Offered by More Inks

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems - they just work -, 28 Sept. 2013
This is my fourth order of inks from this supplier. Each time the ordered goods have arrived quickly and correctly and (with one exception) have worked perfectly when installed in the printer. I have had only a single defective cartridge which for some reason didn't register as having any ink in it.

Three Men in a Boat
Three Men in a Boat

4.0 out of 5 stars An oldy but a goody, 9 July 2013
This is one well worth taking down from the shelf and re-reading.

Its easy to forget just how rewarding the best fiction of this era can still be

The Norm Chronicles: Stories and numbers about danger
The Norm Chronicles: Stories and numbers about danger

4.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating read, 9 July 2013
Having read a favourable review of this work, I bought it in the hope I would not just understand actuarial probability better but enjoy it too - I wasn't disappointed.

Quite apart from the intellectual arguments , the book is both interesting and amusing - and full of factual information about just how great (or vanishingly small) some of the risks we all worry about daily really are.

Not exactly the archetypal book for the beach but well worth a read.

Optoma DS211 2500 ANSI SVGA DLP Projector (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Optoma DS211 2500 ANSI SVGA DLP Projector (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleaed indeeed, 8 April 2013
I needed a projector for occasional business use making training and other presentations.

This item worked straight out of the box without me even needing to read any instructions other than "what plugs in to what".

The display is bright enough to be effective even in a well lit room.

I have not noticed any of the image distortions that other reviewers have reported and neither have any of those to whom I have made presentations.

The correct UK mains plug was supplied (as well as a plug for use abroad)

Hama Sportsline Projector Bag - Medium
Hama Sportsline Projector Bag - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars It does all that I require from a projector bag, 8 April 2013
I bought this bag at the same time as an Optima DS 2500 projector, for business use. I need to travel by public transport to make presentations carrying both the projector and a laptop and other materials. The bag is fine and does all that I need it to do.

Difficult to get too excited by a bag - but its a good, serviceable product at a decent price

Silas Marner
Silas Marner

5.0 out of 5 stars George Elliot at her best, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Silas Marner (Kindle Edition)
This book has been on my shelf for many years and I'm so annoyed I only just got round to reading it. Its very aggravating to realise that for so many years I'd been missing the delight of reading Elliot's work.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Burgundy Red (will only fit Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Classy Look!, 11 Jan. 2012
Having had a Kindle keyboard for some time and become increasingly worried about wear and tear, I finally gave in and ordered a leather cover for it. Frankly, it had struck me as a bit over-priced but I decided I deserved a treat.

The cover arrived quickly (and, as ever, sooner than predicted when I ordered it). As soon as I fitted my Kindle into the new leather cover I knew I'd made the right decision. It looks elegant and keeps the Kindle safe and secure. It just looks "pleasing" and I have noticed that when I get it out at business meetings (I use mine as a mobile filing cabinet for business documents), it attracts admiring glances.

Overall, well worth the money: a pleasure to have and to use.