Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Explore Asian GF Mung Bean Fettuccini 200 g (Pack of 6) (Organic)
Explore Asian GF Mung Bean Fettuccini 200 g (Pack of 6) (Organic)

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware import duty., 27 Sept. 2014
It is not clear from the listing that this is an import from outside the EU and therefore the advertised price is incorrect. I got hit with and £8 Royal Mail fee for inspecting it and collecting the import duty of £3, and had to go an pick it up to pay the fee.

Bird Bingo
Bird Bingo
by Christine Berrie
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb lyrebird, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Bird Bingo (Misc. Supplies)
I was introduced to this game over Sunday lunch with friends and it was a huge hit all round. We were 8 children ranging in age from 10 to 1, and 4 adults and everyone was able to participate in equal measure.

The illustrations are so beautiful that those who are too young to read can play the game a bit like matching pairs and find the bird in question on their board by matching pictures.

Older children are taxed with pronouncing names like Vulturine Guineafowl and Andean Cock of the Rock which, needless to say, provides endless entertainment for the adults.

The game advocates one caller but we have also played it by taking it in turns to pull a bird out of the bag which works wonderfully too.

An absolute winner!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2015 11:24 AM GMT

Widek Dingdong Bell - Chrome, 80mm
Widek Dingdong Bell - Chrome, 80mm

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Widek, cheap quality, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Widek Ding Dong Bell (Sports)
The two tone noise of the bell is lovely, but this is not a Widek brand bell as described, it is a copy. It arrived in bubble wrap with no attached branding. I ordered two, and with one of them the black thumb lever fell off on the first bike journey without me noticing. On opening it up by simply unscrewing the top half, I found it rusty inside. The mechanism is very loose and on the other bell the lever spring came off inside the bell a few times. Like another reviewer, I found that the bell just rattled more or less permanently as I rode along. I applied for a refund because the product was not Widek as described and was not fit for purpose. However, the seller instead sent me two replacement bells, this time branded as Vavert. They are fantastic and much more solidly constructed. The top half does not unscrew, meaning the gap between the two halves, each with their own tone providing the ding dong, are solid and kept apart. The thumb lever is strong and returns to the start position reliably unlike the cheap copies I was sent where it would get stuck half way on the ding, and would come off if I pulled it back. It does not rattle at all, even on a cobbled road. Why was I not sent Widek initially? [...]

Bike Red Silicone Skull Colorful Flash LED Lights Lamps
Bike Red Silicone Skull Colorful Flash LED Lights Lamps

1.0 out of 5 stars fake and faulty, 28 Sept. 2012
These are not real 'Skully' bike lights and even if they worked, would be inferior. The on/off button under the nose does not work on either piece. Whilst I am holding the button down, I sometimes briefly get flash mode which demonstrates the batteries have power. When they do flash, I can see these LEDs are not bright and have a blueish tinge, so are probably cheaper than pure white. It's a shame that they don't show the packaging on Amazon, since you can quickly gather from the spelling of 'SAFTY REAR LIGHT' on the front that these are cheap - and innacurate and sloppy - copies.