Profile for alimabel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Pax Britannica
Pax Britannica

2.0 out of 5 stars A good idea badly executed., 1 April 2016
This review is from: Pax Britannica (Kindle Edition)
A promising start but then went downhill from there. I found myself flicking past whole pages at a time when the author gets boringly descriptive. Some of the conversations between the "gamers" are so mind numbingly tedious that I came close to giving up a few times. As it turns out I got through 77% of the book before I called it a day. By the way this is the second time I've tried to read this book and it's the second time I gave up 3 quarters of the way through.

Time Travel (One Way Ticket) (31 Horrifying Tales From The Dead Book 6)
Time Travel (One Way Ticket) (31 Horrifying Tales From The Dead Book 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book everrrrr!, 6 Mar. 2016
It's rare I leave a review, but for this book I just had to. It's frankly, the worst book I have ever read. It reads as though it was written by a 5 year old. Don't waste your time.

Peace World (Peace Warrior Book 3)
Peace World (Peace Warrior Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars far fetched but brilliantly entertaining, 23 Aug. 2014
ive read this trilogy twice now and found it to be escapism at its best. it reminded me of the matinees i used to go to see as a kid. the ones where the hero faced certain destruction only to be rescued at the very last second. would make a great movie.

Spartacus II: The Gods Demand Sacrifice (Spartacus Chronicles Book 2)
Spartacus II: The Gods Demand Sacrifice (Spartacus Chronicles Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars a must!, 4 May 2014
thoroughly enjoyed this and the first book in the series and will certainly buy the next ones. i gave it 4 stars only because of the incredibly high number of spelling and grammatical errors. aside from that, two of the best books ive read in a while.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2014 3:33 PM BST

Outlaw (Outlaw Chronicles Book 1)
Outlaw (Outlaw Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 13 Dec. 2013
I have really enjoyed this whole series. Its been like a breath of fresh air to read about Robin Hood and the rest without Robin actually being the main character. There are also many moments when Robin comes across as a bit evil, which is a totally different take on the Robin Hood stories and which made it so much more enjoyable.

Peace Warrior
Peace Warrior

5.0 out of 5 stars escapism at its best, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Peace Warrior (Kindle Edition)
I got the first book in the trilogy, basically because it was free ! And I'm so glad I did. Its been a while since I've read anything that had me itching to buy the next two.
A great ride through time and space that didn't need plot twists and over complicated time travel theories to provide a thoroughly entertaining story! Keep up the good work Steven Hawk, I will certainly keep an eye out for your next offering!

The Last Roman (The Praetorian Series Book 1)
The Last Roman (The Praetorian Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast in the past!, 11 Sept. 2013
I loved this book and the sequel. An elite team of modern soldiers interacting with some of the famous names from Roman history. Kept me riveted from start to finish and i will definitely buy the next one.

Golden Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy Book 1)
Golden Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty dull, 3 Sept. 2013
I have to say i was very disappointed with this book. So much so that i havent bothered getting either of the other 2 in the trilogy. Its about a family of time travellers who pop back in time to alter things etc. However, its more teen romance than time travel. Of the approx 230 pages, only a dozen or so are about travelling back in time. The rest of the book (about 95%) is all about a teenage romance and how bad the girl feels about it. Its wrong, its right, its wrong again. I frankly got quite irritated by it.

DUSIEC Metal Mini Smart Bluetooth Vibrating Bracelet with Caller ID For Mobile Phone Vibration Function + Digital Time Display

4.0 out of 5 stars cool gadget, 25 Aug. 2013
Im very pleased with this bluetooth bracelet. I have a habit of missing calls due to not hearing my phone and this solves that problem. It looks nice and fits comfortably. The display is nice and bright and looks good as it is lit up blue all the time. A couple of things that prospective buyers need to be aware of: The bracelet is quite small, i have small wrists and normally have to have links removed from watches but this just about fits and is on the last hole. Plus, the description states that the charge lasts approx 100 hours on standby but it doesnt. It just about lasts a full day. Though this isnt much of an issue, i simply charge it overnight. On the whole i would recommend this.

Dollhouse (The Dollhouse Books Book 1)
Dollhouse (The Dollhouse Books Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars starts well but over reaches, 21 Aug. 2013
I read most of the series of The Dollhouse books. The first was great but from the second book onwards the plot gets stretched to breaking point. It begins as a very inventive kind of horror but as the series goes on it becomes all about parallel worlds and different versions of the same people. I went from being gripped by the story in the first one to being utterly disinterested in the story by the third book. In fact i have deleted the third one only half way through.

Page: 1 | 2