Profile for Paul Barton > Reviews

Content by Paul Barton

Paul Barton

Page: 1 | 2
SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 30 MB/s SDSDQUI-032G-U46 - 32 GB
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a memory card that does just what it's expected ..., 9 Feb. 2015
It's a memory card that does just what it's expected to do - and at a fraction of the price on the high street.

LAYEN® i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver Adapter. With aptX for Superior Sound Quality! Stream Music Wirelessly from your Phone / Tablet / iPod / PC etc to Docking Station, Speakers, Stereo etc - Bose, Pure, Klipsch, Sony, JBL etc!
Offered by LAYEN

5.0 out of 5 stars A high fidelity little gem., 9 Feb. 2015
It appears getting the right module for a Series 1 Bose Sounddock can be a bit of an issue as apparently there are 3 potential versions. Initially I planned to get a Layen BS-1 or BS-2 based on the feedback and the product reputation. However, to be certain I got the right one I contacted Layen (messaging from their website only and no way to contact them by phone as far as I could see) but they couldn't have been more helpful. Based on the serial number of the Sounddock they recommended the i-Dock which, despite the description saying it isn't compatible with the Series 1 Sounddock, works perfectly. It streams music stored on my phone seamlessly and within the constraints of my slow broadband which keeps buffering digital radio is crystal clear. It pairs easily and first time every time so far but a word of caution - the transmission is so good it really shows up poor quality audio. One MP3 album which is fine on headphones and on my Amethyst Block is actually really quite hissy so I tried it on my HiFi and indeed it is a poor recording exposed by the high fidelity of this little gem. Certainly it’s one of my better purchases.

Amethyst The Block Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Grey
Amethyst The Block Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Grey
Offered by Techy Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Loud with Bluetooth, 13 Aug. 2014
Needed a portable speaker primarily to provide background music and audio on a presentation stand and decided on one of these as I was able to get it for £49 at a well known supermarket (T***S) which was cheaper than Amazon and I could return it easily if it didn't meet my needs - well every little helps!

It is certainly no Cambridge Minx or Bose Sound Dock but it is perfectly ok. Sound is clear and bass adequate although not stunning. One minor gripe is the audio is much louder via Bluetooth than via the 3.5mm jack so the soundtrack I wanted to use has to be played from my phone rather than the IPod - and I did try both transfer methods from the phone and the Bluetooth is significantly louder! It seems pretty robust although the markings for on/off and the top controls aren't the easiest to see thanks to the grey rubberised coating. Nevertheless I am perfectly happy with it overall and it'll be in my travel bag for music on my trips away.

Motorcycle roadcraft: the police rider's handbook
Motorcycle roadcraft: the police rider's handbook
by Penny Mares

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 11 Aug. 2014
Heard a lot about editorial errors such as reference to winding down windows and bikes changing to cars in the sequence pictures but glad to say this edition didn't have any such things (that I noticed anyway). A useful refresher for a seasoned rider and some interesting bits but I really got it for my son who had recently done direct access and to him it will be invaluable, especially if he reads it in conjunction with further training.

1 x - Doulton Ultracarb M15 Water Filter Cartridge - for Franke Triflow FRX01/FR9454 & FRX02/FR9455
Offered by Finerfilters Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems as good as a Triflow original, 11 Aug. 2014
At £47 for a Triflow original I thought I'd give this a try. Water runs freely and tastes as good as I recall it tasing with a new Triflow filter. Nice touch is a cross section of the filter showing exactly what you are paying for and I was surprised it is more than just a ceramic pot! At this proce I wil be changing filter much more regularly and the next purchase will be a 3-pack which makes it even better value.

StarTech 3 feet Micro USB Cable - A to Lefeet Angle Micro B
StarTech 3 feet Micro USB Cable - A to Lefeet Angle Micro B

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what is expected, 11 Jan. 2014
Bought to charge a Samsung Galaxy in the car and needed the right angle plug because the charge point is on the base of the phone which otherwise sits too high in the screen holder. Tried it in the house and it charges the phone - satisfied.

The SteakStones Sharing Steak Plate
The SteakStones Sharing Steak Plate
Offered by laZook

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present ..., 11 Jan. 2014
... for our son who loves cooking and enjoys steaks. Very good quality but ours arrived with a slight chip in the cooking surface. It is a natural product so occasional defects are to be expected an Steakstones very quickly replaced the slab for one in perfect condition. It came with quite thick glass bowls which looked like something you'd buy from Ikea for tea lights but again Steakstones replaced them for the porcelain bowls which might not be as robust but look a lot classier. It is a top quaity item and top marks for the service from Steakstones. If I ordered again I'd probably ensure that I got the white bowls but in the meantime I await my invitation to supper!

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker, White
Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bread every time, 10 Jan. 2014
No more stodgy bland bread. We very rarely buy bread now as making it is so easy and the end result much better in this machine. Not sure if it is cheaper than buying ready made but it certainly tastes good.

Polaroid Suction Cup Mount For Digital Cameras & Camcorders
Polaroid Suction Cup Mount For Digital Cameras & Camcorders
Offered by Smart Shop UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 10 Jan. 2014
Needed a screen mount for a Drift HD video cam but couldn't really justify the £25 for the Drift mount with quick release fastener on it. The camera fits to this firmly via the "tripod" screw and the suction on the car windscreen is very good. I like the lever on/button off meachanism for the sucker and the arms lock well in position. However, the ball mount at the end is a bit loose and whilst ok for my light camera when it's suspended it wouldn't work if the camera was mounted sideways or witha heavuier camera - I made a small modification and added a shim under the ball and that has made it a lot more rigid when tightened up. Overall an inexpensive mount with good suction that works fine for a light camera.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good on the motorbike, 10 Oct. 2013
I have used these for a number of years and although they tend to fail after about 18 months I put that down to the lead flapping arond in the "breeze" as I motor along. They give good quality sound, block out a lot of noise and are comfortable for long periods - I have done 5 hours on the bike with my helmet on with no discomfort. It's a bit of a concern that there seems to be some counterfeit ones around but I'm happy with the ones I have had and would certainly buy again.

Page: 1 | 2