Profile for Mr. Cr Hewitt > Reviews

Content by Mr. Cr Hewitt

Mr. Cr Hewitt "Cowbananas" (UK)

Sony Vegas Pro 11 (PC)
Sony Vegas Pro 11 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but buggy., 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sony Vegas Pro 11 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I've been using Vegas pro since v2 back when it was an audio program. I've tried the others and I do use this software in a pro capacity pretty much all the time.
It's true what other sare saying, it will crash when you least expect it to so save with each edit. Vegas has pretty much always been like this in one way or another, it's a quirky program but it can do wonders if you accept it's habits.
For those here who say it doesn't crash for them, believe me, the time will come with some update or some other bit of software you install and then it will drive you mad and you won't have a clue as to the cause. It happens to all of us users.

Vegas does not crash 'for no reason' like someone else wrote here, it crashes because something makes it. Something as simple as using a jpeg with massive resolution, monitoring audio plugins on the fly can do it. After a while, you recognise the signs and deal with it.
It would be great if Vegas didn't crash, but that's just how it is. On a PC, who on earth knows what can crash a program....and where do you even start to look?
So 4 stars for a 5 star program if it didn't crash.

Wedding Photography - a Guide to Photojournalism (Invest in Knowledge)
Wedding Photography - a Guide to Photojournalism (Invest in Knowledge)
by (Photographer) Kerry Morgan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to expectations., 12 Jan 2013
I found this book disappointing really. It could have been so much more but I've found much better books on this subject.
Most of it is common sense and there is an awful lot of waffle or padding in it.
If you're serious about wedding photography as a career, you would know most of what is talked about already so you have to wade through a lot of text to get anything worthwhile. My copy will probably end up in the charity shop.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2013 10:19 PM BST

Sheila Chandra: ABoneCroneDrone
Sheila Chandra: ABoneCroneDrone
Offered by MILANO DISCHI S.R.L. / STRADIVARIUS

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!, 24 Dec 2012
Not much to add to the other reviews here....the concept of this album isn't meant to be listened to in the conventional way.
For me, it takes me places in my head (man) and different every time. I've used this soundtrack in my work (films)and everyone remarks on it.
I'd recommend this album to anyone with an open mind.

Down By The Jetty
Down By The Jetty

5.0 out of 5 stars The day the earth stood still..., 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Down By The Jetty (Audio CD)
I was 16 and everyone was listening to Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis etc etc and Roxy Music/Eno in my case and then I saw Dr Feelgood on TV playing 'She does it right'. It really did change everything. For those of us who were in bands playing dull covers, the Feelgoods also changed attitudes too and this album blew away all before it. I saw them a few weeks later at Surrey University, they had Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets as support band and really, that was it...no going back! Paul Weller was also at that show and you can see where 'In the city' came from.
Music was never the same again, it's sad in a way for those concerned, but the Floyds et al never had the monopoly again. This album was a cornerstone and a signpost.

Stranded
Stranded

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely timeless, 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: Stranded (Audio CD)
I totally agree...Psalm, for me, is the weak link on this album....but A Song For Europe and Mother of Pearl get played to death. I would like to see Roxy Music play Serenade live just once, it is a belting classic like a runaway train.
I remember buying this album the day it was released, waiting in the shop for it to arrive. This at a time when Roxy Music were considered 'too out there' by friends at school, who were all into Floyd, Genesis and 'sensible music.' Anyway, it surpassed any expectations I had and I was a Roxy obsessive. It still has that effect on me.
If you're wondering why Roxy Music were so important, buy this,the first two and Country Life....the rest, better just avoid.
And get Eno's brilliant Here Come The Warm Jets to tie all the ends together and get a complete picture.
Stranded is a classic, always will be.

This Is The Modern World
This Is The Modern World

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Jam album of all!, 17 Oct 2012
Opinion is a strange thing...for me, this album is their best. It's been generally dismissed over the years and I don't know why.
(My least favourite Jam LP is The Gift and Absolute Beginners the worst 45.)
Classics are Standards, Here Comes the Weekend, Life from a Window, Tonight at Noon and I Need You.
I've lived with this Lp since it was released and it still grows on me, so I'd say if you are new to the Jam, get this one...it's as valid as any of the others.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 9:39 PM BST

PANASONIC VW-VBG6E-K Li-ion 7.2V 5400mAh
PANASONIC VW-VBG6E-K Li-ion 7.2V 5400mAh

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off!, 7 Aug 2012
I use a Panasonic AG-AC160 video camera that takes this battery. One came with the camera but of course, one isn't enough.
Panasonic have the nerve to charge extortionate amounts for their pro batteries which is only going to make people buy the well priced third party brands.
I also use a Sony Z1 cam and the Sony batteries are much, much better, last for years with no sign of deterioration, very affordable and you can depend that when the Sony battery reads 'five minutes remaining', that's EXACTLY what you have left in the tank. Not so with these, it's more like a gamble.
For that reason, Panasonic have lost me as a future customer. Pretty poor service!

Dark Side of the Moon
Dark Side of the Moon
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album of all time, 25 April 2009
This review is from: Dark Side of the Moon (Audio CD)
Thirty six years now and still this album takes me different places. I thought it was over-rated when it was released but the reason for that was 'Money', everyone would play that and for me, it doesn't belong.
Each time I've made a tape of this album, I always leave 'Money' off but that's just my taste because this really is such a special album. Yes, it is a great song but what DSOTM does for me, 'Money' is like a commercial break in a film, it disrupts the flow.

The Dark Side of the Moon, in my opinion, is the greatest album ever made and I would also put Meddle in the top ten greatest but....I still can't stand The Wall.

I wouldn't politely recommend this album to anyone, I'd lock them in a room, turn off the light and only open the door when 'Eclipse' finished. Job done! 40 million plus one.