ARRAY(0xb51df678)

Pokémon X (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon X (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW...., 14 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm writing a review as an excuse to tear myself away from this thing. It's frighteningly addictive. I've played it for 38 hours since I got it just 2 and a half days ago.
I've been totally addicted to Pokemon since 1st generation (I collect all manner of poke-junk, especially Zukan figures, and have thrown thousands at the cards down the years). I was ALMOST of a mind not to get this generation, because it meant buying yet another DS (this time a 3DS XL) just to play it on.... but thankfully I did.
I am seriously impressed with most of this. The main plus is the look of it. It looks just stunning, especially in 3D on an XL. Old pokemon literally come alive (Mr Mime is amazing!). The new pokemon are a mixed bag. Some great (the water starter 2nd evo), some truly awful (Binacle and that bunny with the fists on its ears). The game play is basically... erm.... "familiar". Same old story, just tweaked for the new generation. They always stick to it, every generation. But that's ok. Because it works. There are SO MANY pokemon available in this... I'm only on my 6th badge and I've already caught about 220 species?
There are a few negatives, I have to admit. The game mechanics have been dumbed down, and the worst thing is the new GTS (global trade station) where you can seek or ask for ANYTHING (you don't have to have seen it.) In theory you could camp out once you find the day-care, breed starters and GTS trade your way to a complete pokedex. The game wasn't challenging enough... this makes it less so.
I also don't like the endless "other" parts... the dressing up, dancing, mini-games, baking cup-cake, poodle-clipping silly nonsense that has become so vast and confusing... I steer clear of most of it.
Ok, I need to grab a couple of hours before I'm up again to water my berry bushes...

SORA Acrylic CD Rack with transparent back-panel
SORA Acrylic CD Rack with transparent back-panel
Offered by Sora Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I hoped, despite my concerns, 2 Oct 2013
Had read all the reviews about arriving broken and fiddly to assemble, so ordered two of these with a little trepidation. They arrived very swiftly, well packaged. Nothing remotely broken, all pieces present.
I like a puzzle, so putting them together was a fun challenge. Yes, it took me about 90 minutes to do the first one, mainly because I got the nuts and bolts the wrong way round and had to take it all apart again. But once I'd done one, the second one was little more than 30 minutes.
And they're beautiful. As I had hoped. Very pleased. Would recommend them, but be patient with putting them together and think logically and calmly. It's actually quite simple.

Loud Like Love
Loud Like Love
Offered by davehopetrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally exceeded my expectations, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Loud Like Love (Audio CD)
Let's face it: you either love Placebo or you don't. Brian's voice is a bit of a "marmite" voice. So if you're in the "don't" camp, you're not going to like this, and actually you won't be reading this. So this is to those with taste.
I have to say I was a little worried about this album. The lead single had that very dodgy line "on the Champs-Élysées" that just jarred with me as naive and forced. That said, I totally fell in love with the song, and then the title track, which is even better.
But what of the album? Well it's fantastic. Music critics have trashed it in the press, but so what. They know nothing. Placebo have made consistently great albums, with their signature style and sound all over them. They can't sound "different" - this IS what they sound like. And for those of us who love that, this album is a gem.
I won't critique all the songs individually, but my favourites are Rob The Bank, Loud Like Love... and Bosco, which is the best song of the year for me, and probably my favourite Placebo song of all-time. It is pure perfection. In writing. In execution. They should be so proud of it.
This is a five star album to my ears. And my second favourite album of the year after John Grant's Pale Green Ghosts. I never tire of Placebo. They are my comfort music.

Futurism, Pt. 1
Futurism, Pt. 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh how I LOVE this!, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: Futurism, Pt. 1 (MP3 Download)
A big fan of Abakus, and have loved all he has done up to this point. But this is possibly my favourite so far. I've listened to this dozens of times on my iPod and never tire of it. Hoping for Pt.2 to come soon.....

Fitness-Mad Pair of Neo Dumbbells - Orange, 3 kg (2 Piece Set)
Fitness-Mad Pair of Neo Dumbbells - Orange, 3 kg (2 Piece Set)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 14 Aug 2012
I use these every day and find them just the right weight for me to do exercise with. Nice feel, well finished and with free delivery from Amazon, a total bargain. Thinking of investing in the 4kg ones or even the 5kg ones soon. Certainly wouldn't go lighter than this.
I'm a 46yr old male, 6', 188lbs, 32" waist in moderately good shape. Only saying that for comparison!

Bike Jock Adult Supporter Jockstrap
Bike Jock Adult Supporter Jockstrap
Price: £10.99 - £17.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Mis-sized., 26 July 2012
As with others, NOT happy. I have several old Bike Jocks, but thought a blue one would be nice. I have a 32" waist. So I got the size I always do MEDIUM (says on the packet for a 32-34" waist). It is STUPIDLY small and painfully tight. More suitable for a 28" waist! This is just ridiculous. Not sending it back, so a waste of money.

One2Fit Resistance Bands for Exercise - set of 3 - 1.2 m long (each)
One2Fit Resistance Bands for Exercise - set of 3 - 1.2 m long (each)
Offered by One2FitnessUK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for adults! Pathetically weak., 15 May 2012
Was so disappointed in these things. All three bands are just thin and weak. I would recommend them for a very weedy child, but seriously.... these are NOT what you need if you're an adult who wants some resistance in them. They're as thin a balloon.

Not good.

Sci-MX Nutrition Mass System 2000 g Strawberry Mass, Bulk and Strength Shake Powder
Offered by Discount Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Working WAY above my expectations!, 15 May 2012
Ok, so I can't quite believe how well this is working. I'm 46, 6' tall and started my "rebuild" project at 170lbs, just eight days ago.I'm a vegetarian, so protein was not so simple to max out on.
In just eight days, I've put on over 10lbs. Not a sign of any of it being fat. Which to me seems insanely good. So, this is what I've done.
1. Creatine... powder. Dosed up for five days of loading, and am now on 1 a day for 11 weeks.
2. Sensible muesli breakfast, with coffee. High carb lunch (eg pasta). High protein evening meal - a bean salad with quorn pieces, cottage cheese... that sort of thing. I'm still drinking coffee (about 4-5 a day) but NO ALCOHOL.
3. I work out at home, with weights, to music (Kraftwerk is the best in surround sound). Take the protein shake during... and then again in the evening during a lighter work. Combining with my food I'm aiming for 100gm of protein a day minimum, and that's not hard. Cottage cheese is great. As are tins of beans. Eggs.

And it's all seemingly working. I'm gaining shape and definition in my upper body that I have never had. It's only day 9 today, but I'm thrilled about this project.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 1:18 PM BST

The Big Penis Book 3D
The Big Penis Book 3D
by Dian Hanson

2.0 out of 5 stars limp., 23 May 2011
This review is from: The Big Penis Book 3D (Hardcover)
I hadn't realised until I got this that it wasn't the same book as the original (which I'd seen in a shop), just made into 3D.... despite it having the identical cover.
It's really poor. Not remotely interesting or arousing in the modern age. Yes, if I'd seen this as a teenager 30 years ago it would have seemed "interesting" and VERY "arousing", but back then, so did the men's underwear section in catalogues.
The description said "TWO pairs of 3D specs included", which was not the case. Just one. Which to be fair is probably all anyone needs. But seriously.... a google search is more interesting than this. Or, hey.... get out there on a few dates and see real 3D.

Pokemon - The Rise Of Darkrai [2007] [DVD]
Pokemon - The Rise Of Darkrai [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kunihiko Yuyama

2.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare., 25 April 2010
Ok, so yes, I'm not the target aucience as such. Way too old, but I'm a bit of an Otaku, and have been OBSESSED by all things Pokemon since 1999. The TV and Films have always been the weakest part of the Pokemon world for me - shockingly poor production values, naff scripts and preachy or boring plots. However, a few of them are watchable if seen in Japanese (far less painfully hammy in Japanese). I had actually liked a few of the recent movies I'd seen. The Lucario one was watchable, as was the Latios/Latias one (mainly for the nicer animation of the streets of Venice).
This one was just AWFUL though. It has the thinnest of "plots", truly awful general animation (the Barcelona inspired computer stuff is a little better), but its biggest sin is that it is just plain dull. Endless, ENDLESS repeated scenes of Palkia and Dialgia getting nowhere as they blast energy at each other to no effect. I'd rather watch two level 100 weedles string-shot each other to death.
There are better Pokemon movies. There are one or two equally poor Pokemon movies. But if you love Pokemon, you really don't need to see this. You can do a lot of more constructive things with 90 minutes of your life than waste it watching this.
Low IQ children "might" enjoy it. Normal children will be as bored as I was.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2010 2:14 PM BST