Profile for Brian Bailey > Reviews

Content by Brian Bailey

Brian Bailey "captain b" (St Neots, Cambridgeshire UK)

Racundra's First Cruise
Racundra's First Cruise
by Arthur Ransome

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Photocopy, 24 April 2013
The text has been photocopied, missing text at the end of each line. The maps and photos, important to follow the journeys described, are barely legible. I ordered the hardback version, but was persuaded to change to this paperback, as it's delivery kept lengthening. I returned it and reordered the hardback. I cannot recommend it under any circumstances.

PowerPlanet replacement (1.5m) for Samsung i.LINK IEEE-1394 FireWire Cable. Fits Samsung VP-D305i, VP-D307i, VP-D323I, VP-D325I, VP-D327I, VP-D340, VP-D340i, VP-D34i, VP-D351i, VP-D352i, VP-D353i, VP-D354i, VP-D355i, VP-D361i, VP-D361Wi
Offered by PowerPlanet Europe
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars CapB, 12 Jan 2012
I purchased this item for a friend who had lost the origional data cable. It was a nightmare finding out if she needed a firewire or usb connection or even the model number. PowerPlanet gave the clearest description and more by luck than design, I chose correctly. The item was well made, arrived rapidly and, I'm told is doing the job expected of it. On this basis, I recommend highly.

Peanuts 1960's Collection [DVD] [DVD]
Peanuts 1960's Collection [DVD] [DVD]
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars With Trepidation, 3 May 2011
I bought the DVD for a little girl who I wanted to share the pleasure I remember in seeing the 1960's episodes on TV. I had nothing to worry about. She was entranced by the quirky humour and strangely deep understanding of the human condition, that the characters in Peanuts engender. Perhaps the stangest result was I enjoyed it more than the first time round. Perhaps maturity allows you to see more. Anyway the little girl wanted to know if there was more and could she have them. Notice the word have and not see. Obviously she wants to go back again and again; the sign of a new fan.
Recommended to all the young at heart, no matter what their age.

Kitchen Craft Master Class Deluxe Traditional Carving Fork
Kitchen Craft Master Class Deluxe Traditional Carving Fork
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 14.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional Carving Fork, 19 Oct 2010
The item was delivered the next day and met all my expectations of a top grade piece of kit.

10m Ethernet Cable (Straight) PC to Router / Hub (Enhanced CAT5e White Cable)
10m Ethernet Cable (Straight) PC to Router / Hub (Enhanced CAT5e White Cable)
Offered by GFS
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Network, 8 Feb 2010
The cable arrived before it was promised, was fitted between a PC ethernet card and router, and worked first time. What can one say? It was purchased for a friend and he is very pleased at the price and efficiency of Amazon.