Profile for Mrs. S. M. Booth > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. M. Booth

Mrs. S. M. Booth (Faversham, Kent, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every kitchen!, 19 Mar 2014
This book is a must for everyone, not just vegetarians as it gives wonderful ways for preparing vegetables and salads, such that I have not seen in any other cook book (and I have hundreds of them!). If you are wondering whether to buy it or not, wonder no more and just go for it.

Garmin nuvi 2597LMT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 19 Mar 2014
We bought this to replace our old Garmin as we were about to go to Poland, by road, for the first time. Amazingly you can put in your destination, which was across five countries (England, France, Belgium, Holland, germany and Poland) and it will just find the shortest route. It not only tells you, as do the others, to turn right or left but gives you the name of the street too. The only negative is that it sees delays on the route (anywhere on the 12 hour route) and asks you if you would like to take an alternative route. At first we were taking the alternative route until we realised that these delays were often 200 or 300 kilometers away and not likely to affect us but that the diversions would probably delay us more! Wish it would say how far away the delays were!

Vinalito TM Wine Aerator Oxygenator Flavour Bouquet Enhancer
Vinalito TM Wine Aerator Oxygenator Flavour Bouquet Enhancer
Offered by CKB LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome aerator!, 15 Jan 2014
I bought this for my husband as a stocking filler for Christmas and I think he was more delighted with this than his main presents. He uses it every time he has a glass of red wine and says it makes a huge difference.

Cantley - 4 Person Colourful Striped Lining Picnic Hamper Wicker Basket with Waterproof Picnic Blanket & Accessories
Offered by Fine Food Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hamper, 15 Jan 2014
I bought this as a gift for my daughter and put it away for her birthday. It has everything that one would need for a picnic except for the food. It is also attractive.

Bees, Birds and Butterflies in Lace
Bees, Birds and Butterflies in Lace
by Edna Sutton

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds bees and butterflies, 12 Sep 2013
What a beautiful book! I just want to do all the designs at once! The instructions are very clear and there are several designs in each lace technique.

Technique of Bucks Point Lace
Technique of Bucks Point Lace
by Pamela Nottingham

4.0 out of 5 stars Bucks point lace, 12 Sep 2013
Great book for anyone wanting to learn Bucks. My only disappointment was the lack of mats and other designs as they all seem to be borders.

Character World 135 x 200 cm Disney Cars Spy Single Rotary Duvet Set
Character World 135 x 200 cm Disney Cars Spy Single Rotary Duvet Set
Offered by scificollectorshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Cars duvet set, 12 Sep 2013
I purchased these for when my grandsons come to stay. Before they arrived I did wonder what the quality would be like as they were so inexpensive. The instructions told me to wash them before use, which I did, and they came out really soft and appeared to be of really quite decent quality. On side has a huge picture of one of the cars and on the other side there are lots of smaller pictures. The boys love them so they were a great hit.

Character World 54-inch Disney Cars SpyCurtains, Multi-Color
Character World 54-inch Disney Cars SpyCurtains, Multi-Color
Offered by Price-Right-Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Cars curtains, 12 Sep 2013
My dressing room doubles as a bedroom for my grandsons when they come to stay so I purchased these to make the room more child friendly. They really are quite nice quality and the boys absolutely love them.

Morphy Richards 70495 2 in 1 Steam Mop with Detachable Handheld Steam Cleaner
Morphy Richards 70495 2 in 1 Steam Mop with Detachable Handheld Steam Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Steam mop, 12 Sep 2013
We spent ages pondering which steam mop to purchase as each had such mixed reviews. In addition, we had purchased one previously which leaked water everywhere! However, this one is brilliant! Using it as a mop is so easy. We have a huge kitchen and dogs who spend much of their time in it so we need to clean the floors in it and the breakfast room every day. The kitchen floor has tiles and the breakfast room has solid oak floors. The ease with which it cleans both is a delight. Even my husband is eager to clean them without being nagged.

It then easily beaks down into a hand held piece for cleaning cookers, ovens, wall tiles etc. It is light and easy to handle, which is essential as I am not as strong as I used to be and have arthritis in my hands.

This machine is highly recommended.

Buck's Point Patterns: 50 Patterns with Tear-out Prickings
Buck's Point Patterns: 50 Patterns with Tear-out Prickings
by Henk Hardeman

4.0 out of 5 stars Bucks point patterns, 10 July 2013
This is a great book from a great set. I just needed this one to complete my set and was delighted to receive it. However if you are looking for patterns other than borders this is not the book for you. I wanted it because I was just starting Bucks Point and loved the technique and also this would complete my collection of these Hardeman lace books.

Page: 1 | 2