Profile for C. J. Hughes > Reviews

Content by C. J. Hughes

C. J. Hughes (indonesia)

Philips Lumea Precision SC2002/01 IPL Hair Removal System with Facial Attachment
Price: 265.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, 2 Feb 2013
I bought the LUmea IPL because the philips website says it has a special attachment to remove facial hair. Well, what the website doesnt tell us is that it is only suitable for women's faces. I bought this particular model because, being a man with sensitive skin (white), I was led to believe that I could use it to remove my facial hair. I was especially interested in removing the hair around my neck where i get a shaving rash. But, after purchasing the Lumea and reading the manual, the small print says that men cannot use the device on their face. So for me it was pretty much a waste of money.
Philips should state very clearly that the device is ONLY suitable for women's facial hair. I feel like ive been tricked.

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad (4th Generation) - Black
Offered by amazin 4 U
Price: 58.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, worth buying, 11 Dec 2012
Like everyone else, I bought this keyboard to make my ipad more productive. To be honest, I was thinking of selling my ipad and buying a MacBook Air becuase I study at university (OU) and travel a lot. I originally bought the ipad to help me study (reading websites, PDFs, taking notes on Evernote, writing essays), but quickly discovered that typing anything longer than a short message was ridiculusly messy and time consuming. I thought about the mac book air but realised I wouldnt be able to just pick it up, crash on the sofa while reading PDFs. Then i discovered the logitech ultra thin keyboard case and thought id give it a try. Well, it is excellent and solves all my problems. My ipad is still extremely portable and light enough, looks really slick and i can be very productive because the typing experience is excellent. The keys feel great with just the right amount of feedback. It doesnt feel cramped at all. THere are only two improvements id like to see: Firstly, id like to have a key that can do the 4 finger swipe gesture to swipe between open screens. Secondly, would be great if it protected the back and had little rubber feet to protect the actual keyboard case, but then i know these features would add weight and thickness, so it woudnt be 'ultra thin'. All in all, this keyboard is definitely worth buying if you plan to type a lot and it is so simple to carry around that your ipad wont lose its convenient portability. Finally, i didnt want the solar folio case because it is more difficult to take the ipad in and out of that case and its heavier, so what makes the ipad special is lost. But with this ultra thin keyboard, your ipad remains an ipad, its easy to snap on and off. Buy it!

Good Essay Writing: A Social Sciences Guide (Published in association with The Open University)
by Peter Redman
Price: 12.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 9 Nov 2012
I'm not going to waste my time explaining how bad this book is. Suffice to say that better writing advice can be found freely available online. I only wasted my money on this because OU recommended it

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)
Price: 30.99

1.0 out of 5 stars not delivered, 21 Dec 2010
I ordered this product at the same time i purchased my kindle. I had both sent to my grandfathers house in northern Ireland. The Kindle arrived but the very expensive case did not. Now, I have no case, yet I have been charged for this product. Very disappointed but cannot seem to contact amazon.co.uk to tell them the problem. As a result, the only action i can take is to complain here as a review.

Amazon.co.uk, if you are reading this, please send me my leather kindle case.

Discover Ireland - Land Of Majesty [DVD]
Discover Ireland - Land Of Majesty [DVD]
Dvd ~ Discover Ireland
Price: 23.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Discover Ireland-Land of Majesty DVD, 21 Jan 2010
The content of this DVD is disappointing, very boring.the DVD suppose to describe and explain the travel and tourism in fun way and enough showing the places of interest like culinary experience, the city and the people however this DVD talked too much history instead and is not nice to watch at all. Really big disappointment. Ireland is a really interesting place to visit but this DVD did not describe the good and best part of Ireland but boring history which is too much details in facts of history . I am a potential tourist for Ireland but this DVD has kept away my interest to visit Ireland. Probably this DVD is suitable for 70 ++ of age Audience.