Profile for Mr Mendip > Reviews

The Wildest!
The Wildest!
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Time Music, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Wildest! (Audio CD)
This album cheers me up every time I hear it! Full of life and fun, I'd loved to have seen Louis and his band live!

Man On The Rocks
Man On The Rocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Man On The Rocks (Audio CD)
I took a chance and ordered this album on the strength of the single, "Sailing". I must admit, I had my fingers crossed, 'cos I've been caught out before! On this occasion, however, I'm so glad I took a chance. What a cracking album! I should say at this point that I am a 50 something whose favorite era in music is the 70's, particularly rock and pop. If your tastes are similar, you are going to love this album. From the first track, the a fore-mentioned "Sailing", through "Man on the Rocks", "Dreaming in the Wind", "Irene" and "I Give Myself Away", all cracking tracks in their own right! Luke Spiller's vocals are brilliant, Mike Oldfield's guitar playing superb, production overall wonderful. The only thing I can find to criticize - I don't like cardboard CD covers!
Seriously, just buy this album! It's the best!

Ricco P18 MINI DSP 2.0 Channel Aluminium Portable Travel Speaker with BUILT-IN BATTERY and SD MEMORY CARD READER upto 16GB Compatible with ANY 3.5mm Audio Line-in Device mobile phones mp3 players iPhone 3GS 4 iPad iPod Nano Touch Classic 3G G3 G4 G5 (1X RED)
Offered by Gadget Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced, compact, portable speaker., 29 Jun 2013
Ok, lets cut to the chase. This product is a very reasonably priced, good quality, compact, portable speaker. Battery life, very good. sound, good but not excellent. Build quality, good considering the price. So many of the bad reviews are based on misconceptions. It connects to your chosen device, phone or mp3 player via the 3.5 mm jack. The USB socket is for charging. It plays songs from an SD card, it will remember where you were- if you stop the playback before switching off the unit. And yes, you can plug cables into the back without it falling over as there is a slot in the stand to allow this. I sometimes wonder if the people who post reviews have actually used the product! In summary, ignore the negative reviews: if the one you get is faulty, Amazon will refund you, so whats the problem?

Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio
Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product at reasonable price, 1 Oct 2011
Ordered this after buying two cheap "own brand" radios from supermarket. After discovering they were a total waste of time (poor reception, using batteries like no tomorrow) decided to go with a branded one. What a difference! Excellent quality sound for a small portable radio, and the batteries last ages! Well done Roberts for producing a quality product and well done Amazon for selling it at a good price!

iClever ® Wii Remote Controller with Silicone Sleeve and Wrist Strap (Non OEM)---ChargerBuy product

5.0 out of 5 stars Save a packet, don't worry it's not made by Nintendo!, 31 Mar 2011
It's a Wii remote at about 30% of the price! The build quality, style and finish of this remote are identical to the Nintendo product.In fact, I wouldn't mind betting they come from the same factory. Don't be afraid to order this because it is not a genuine product. It will do everything the Nintendo version will for a lot less money.

Crime Of The Century (Remastered)
Crime Of The Century (Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Supertramp album by far, 14 May 2009
I totally agree with all the other reviews. This is a superb album. I was fortunate enough to see Supertramp perform this album from start to finish in Bristol back in the 1970's and I was totally blown away! The quality of the songs, the performance and the production is absolutely first class.
If I had to pick one album from my collection, this would be the number one - and I own well over 300 CD's!

Soon We'll Be Found
Soon We'll Be Found

5.0 out of 5 stars Why is Sia not A BIG star?, 7 Mar 2009
This review is from: Soon We'll Be Found (MP3 Download)
This is a haunting, catchy, memorable song and I don't why it wasn't a huge hit. Sia is every bit as good as the likes of Duffy and the rest. Why isn't she as big?

Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing [DVD]
Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Mcintyre
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Words - Buy It!, 10 Jan 2009
The best way I can sum Up Michael McIntyre is " A posh Peter Kaye"
Enough said!!