Profile for bleydh > Reviews

bleydh

Precious Metal
Precious Metal

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Precious Metal (Kindle Edition)
I read this authors first book, My Beautiful England, and loved it. Waited patiently for her next book so pre-ordered this one, eagerly awaited it's arrival and was not disappointed.
The charcters are very believable, and the storyline keeps you eagerly turning the pages. Now eagerly awaiting the next one

While I Was Sleeping
While I Was Sleeping

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical story and a must read!, 31 Aug. 2013
'While I Was Sleeping' follows the story of Essie Levine who wakes up in hospital after a month in a coma. She doesn't remember anything apart from a man called David, but nobody seems to know who he is. Essie describes her memories of him to her art therapist and draws 25 pictures about her life. Each picture and each chapter uncovers something about her life, or does it?

In this book we never know what is quite real in the same way as Essie has to make sense of the world, the reader has to go through the same process. I loved this book because it wasn't just a simple love story. It had magic and also considered belief and faith. I also felt the friendship between the patients in the therapy unit was convincing and genuine. This is a book that will make you wonder what really happens in a coma and what life is like for someone waking up and having to learn everything all over again.

The story is told in the voice of the main character and while she sometimes seems odd, this is a book I won't forget in a hurry. It was very visual and the descriptions were beautiful. A wonderful love story and the ending was not what I expected.

My Beautiful England
My Beautiful England
by Michelle Flatley

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing first book from this author, can't wait for the next one!, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: My Beautiful England (Paperback)
I waited a long time for delivery of this book but it was really worth the wait. The book is an insight into the largely unseen but fascinating world of female immigrants in Burnley. The book really drew me in and I was reluctant to put it down it is both entertaining and thought provoking, it has left me wondering about the many women who must be in similar situations in the UK.
In short, a really good book, if you decide not to buy it you really will be missing out.

Pod Men's Ridge Slip On Shoe
Pod Men's Ridge Slip On Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Well tested!, 10 Mar. 2013
I'm a little late with this review as I bought a pair of these 22 months ago and they're starting to look a little the worse for wear, I'm terrible with shoes, never treat or clean them, just wear 'em until they fall to bits but these just won't die. Also should mention that they are also very light and extremely comfortable.
The rerason for reviewing them now is that I'm just ordering another pair, something I've never done before, can't rate them highly enough