Profile for Michael Smith > Reviews

Content by Michael Smith

Michael Smith (Melbourne, Australia)

Olympus Mju 9000 Compact Digital Camera - Midnight Black (12MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent camera!, 21 Nov 2009
I have had the Olympus U9000 for several months and I have to say it the best one I have had so far. It is small, lightweight and easy to use with a logical and sensible menu. One point which REALLY stands out is the Hyper Crystal View LCD screen. With this the screen is able to be seen at all angles - the contrast stays the same no matter how you moove the camera. Most LCD screens go dark or light with only a slight movement! (This is why I sold my other camera.

With the Olypmus U9000, it is easy to take photos above a crowd or from unusual angles because of the large field of vision of the Hyper Crystal View screen. My question is: Why don't the other brands have this fantastic screen??

I like the size of the camera and its ability to zoom 10 times optical - really handy to get in close.

Only one quirk: When in MARCRO, why does the flash not become disabled? Who wants the flash firing when the lense is only 1 inch from the subject? (I disable the flash manually)

Otherwise a fantastic, versatile 10 times zoom pocket camera!Olympus Mju 9000 Compact Digital Camera - Royal Blue (12MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD