Profile for Hlsathaven > Reviews

Content by Hlsathaven

Hlsathaven "hls" (Suffolk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
[Upgraded Capacity] RAVPower Portable Charger 16750mAh Power Bank External Battery Pack with Most Powerful 4.5A Output and iSmart Technology - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit!, 27 Sept. 2015
Superb piece of kit, and beautifully made. It exudes quality, looks good, too, and feels substantial to the touch - nothing plasticky about this item! Seems to be fullfilling its role very well - I've recharged my Galaxy S4 and a Kindle Fire tablet a few times and there's still charge in the unit.

Initially, I thought I had a problem with the unit not being fully charged, and as soon as I contacted the company, they immediately offered to send me a replacement (one is on its way now). I suspect the original unit is probably OK, anyway. This is excellent service, which I commend this company for. Fully recommended.

LEATHER WALLET CREDIT CARD HOLDER CASE BY ARRON LEATHER
LEATHER WALLET CREDIT CARD HOLDER CASE BY ARRON LEATHER
Offered by THE WALLET SHACK

4.0 out of 5 stars wallet fine - inserts not!, 16 Sept. 2015
Leather case is fine, but I wish I had noticed that the plastic inserts only allowed card entry from the top; for me this is absolutely useless - I don't find this method of inserting credit cards etc intuitive. It is much more intuitive to insert them from the side e.g. holding the opened wallet with the left hand (say) and slipping cards in with the right hand using a sideways action. However, I have a few sets of the sort of plastic inserts that I like from a previous purchase, so I'll use those.

Designer Embossed Vintage leather flip mobile case cover for SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 i9500 (BROWN)
Offered by Suprizebox

5.0 out of 5 stars A classy looking case!, 6 May 2015
This is a beautifully designed case for the Galaxy S4; it fits perfectly, like a glove in fact, has a gorgeous tactile feel, and looks the part. It has a really effective 'snap' close action which is very secure, but easy to open. In addition, and I don't know if this was an accidental feature, when the case is 'flipped' open, the lock screen comes on, ready to be accessed - you don't need to switch the phone on! I think what is happening is that the (lower) central button is being activated on 'flipping the case open. It's a great feature! This is one of the nicest cases I've ever bought.

My only concern? I hope the leather hinge (not shown in the picture) has long-term durability, as the case has to be left open whilst the phone is being charged. I think a better design would have been to split the hinge into two parts leaving a gap in the middle for the charging plug.

3.5mm Mini Jack Right Angle 90 Degree Solder Mono 2-Pole Plug Connector x 4
3.5mm Mini Jack Right Angle 90 Degree Solder Mono 2-Pole Plug Connector x 4
Offered by Majadu

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but nasty!, 25 April 2015
Over a career and busy retirement as an electrical engineer spanning 56 years, these are the poorest quality jack plugs I have ever purchased - yes, they're cheap, but they're nasty. I've used two of them in an emergency - part of a medical alarm system, but I shall be replacing them at the earliest opportunity. They are really shoddily made, difficult to dismantle and equally difficult to reassemble. Avoid these at all costs if you are looking for a reliable product.

2.5 Sata To Usb Hard Drive Caddy Hdd Case Enclosure
2.5 Sata To Usb Hard Drive Caddy Hdd Case Enclosure
Offered by memorycapital

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain!, 30 Aug. 2014
Unbelievably cheap & cheerful, but work fine! Made from aluminium, and even has a vinyl sleeve and a a small cross-head screwdriver included. Would have given 5 stars, but interface cable has two USB plugs (one for power) rather than one, so not quite as convenient to use. Can't knock them for value for money though.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2014 1:34 AM BST

Pack of 5 Portrait Style Replacement Plastic Credit Card Insert Sleeves 5013
Pack of 5 Portrait Style Replacement Plastic Credit Card Insert Sleeves 5013
Offered by Ashlie Craft

3.0 out of 5 stars Do the job, but expensive, 16 Aug. 2014
They're OK, do the job, but like most of the competition, expensive for what they are - a flimsy set of plastic sleeves.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium inkl SP1 32 Bit UK - Refurbished Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User - Win7 home Premium 32 Bit [DVD-ROM] Windows 7
Offered by WINLicense GmbH

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor documentation., 8 Jun. 2014
The Win7 OS disk was OK, but the only documentation leaflet that came with it was in German! Why? It wasn't obvious on Amazon that I was dealing with a German company. I managed to work out what to do - no thanks to the documentation - hence only 3 stars.

Kenwood chef food mixer Rubber feet (5) A701/A901/KM range
Kenwood chef food mixer Rubber feet (5) A701/A901/KM range
Offered by SussexSpares

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 4 Nov. 2013
As replacements, they're spot on - as they should be. Fitting is a doddle - small hammer & a punch. They DO include the central brass pin which locks them in place - not obvious from the photos. I saved my old ones just in case. Bit pricey at 71p each - hence 4 stars, (£3.55/5) but I suppose no more than expected.

Genuine Extended Laptop Battery Lavolta for Acer Aspire Timeline 3810T 3810TG 3810TZ 3810TZG 4810T 4810TG 4810TZ 4810TZG 5538 5538G 5810 5810T 5810TG 5810TZ 5810TZG TravelMate Timeline 8371 fits AS09D31 AS09D34 AS09D36 AS09D56 AS09D70 AS09F34 LC.BTP00.052 - 5200mAh

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrongly described in ad., 24 Oct. 2013
Wouldn't fit my laptop, but the ad said it would - it is an Acer 5830TG. Returned it for refund.

Akasa AK-HDA-03 2.5-3.5-Inch SSD/HDD Adapter
Akasa AK-HDA-03 2.5-3.5-Inch SSD/HDD Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine for the job., 6 Jan. 2013
I didn't actually require it as I found a spare at home, but the price was OK, so can't grumble!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3