ARRAY(0xaa5b2ccc)

Profile for SG Donnelly > Reviews

Content by SG Donnelly

SG Donnelly (Stamford UK)

Intouchables  [French edition]
Intouchables [French edition]
Offered by plusdecinema
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Oustanding film, 2 May 2012
This is an outstanding film. It is extremely funny and in part very exciting. It begins with a really amazing sequence of high speed driving, through the tunnels of the periferique in Parisat night. The contrast between the lives of black immigrants living in the banlieue and the very priviledged white upper class in a chic area of Paris was quite shocking. Yet the combination of poverty and strength combined with money and physical frailty was one of its greatest features.

This film is about diability but it is in no way patronising, mawkish or depressing.

I have only seen it dubbed into Spanish and I am really looking forward to seeing it again in the original.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2012 1:33 AM BST

LA Sombra Del Viento
LA Sombra Del Viento
by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 4 Nov 2010
This review is from: LA Sombra Del Viento (Paperback)
This is absolutely not the kind of book I normally read. I bought it because I wanted to read a novel in Spanish and it had such great reviews. Having started the book I could not put it down. I was completely swept up into the story and each day I spent more and more time reading it. The tale is multi-layered and needs a great deal of concentration or you can become lost in its intricacies. The characterisation is brilliant as is the scene setting.

Portuguese Verbs Explained: An Essential Guide
Portuguese Verbs Explained: An Essential Guide
by Manuela Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are n't there equivalents to this book in other languages?, 15 May 2009
Portugese Verbs Explained is the best book I have come across in many years of language learning. It is easy to use, the explanations are excellent and the exercises practise really well how each tense is used. I have searched in vain for corresponding books in Spanish and Italian.

It is equally suitable for beginners, intermediate or advanced learners. My son has taken my copy of the book to university where he is studying Portugese and he also thinks its a great book.